• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing is that attacks with cooldowns have much shorter durations in B&S. I think the longest is around 45 seconds IIRC. Some buffs are around 1-2 minute CDs and they are few in number (Flock of Blades is BladeMaster's only self buff and grants some stuff like increased focus regen in addition to letting them use 4 special skills with the swords). I mean if they did reduce the CDs of a bunch of attack abilities after pruning you'd still be pretty active but just pianoing a smaller group of buttons.

I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas from another game that's kind of done the whole button consolidation thing already. I'm super curious as to what their actual plans are because going into Heavenward there were a few changes then the new job abilities on top of that but here they are proposing major changes so I really want to know what they are.

Just one week left.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
B&S would be pretty harsh on a lot of controller users I think, it's a pretty drastic retooling. They'd have to move towards FFXIV being a console-based character action game (since PC can handle any control scheme that comes up).

Would be cool though. I enjoyed B&S' combat but nothing else.

BnS is an action MMO and those naturally have fewer skills than a traditional MMO like FFXIV. That being said, WoW ran into the same problems that FFXIV did years ago and Blizzard had to do a lot of work to simplify classes because of skill bloat in addition to the upgrade trees which people mostly ignored in favor of the "one true" build that everyone used.

bns also has butts and that's where the real argument should be

BnS has always been about the boobs. What's this claptrap about butts in BnS?

Has the dev team ever addressed why they don't use "proc" abilities? Like, X skill has a Y percent chance to refresh Z skill. It'd be nice if I could Assassinate regularly during an encounter.
BRD and MCH's main abilities revolve around procs. I'm not a fan of executes either but after playing with BRD for most of HW I can safely say procs can die in a fire.

Gattsu25

Banned
But... that'd be ignoring the Manderville, which is literally the best dance emote in any RPG or MMO.

God damnit.

The quest to get this was great, wasn't expecting any of this at all. The dance is awesome. I stand corrected.

Made a spur of the moment GIF, forgive the mouse/overlay still on the screen. I wasn't ready

source.gif

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The fanbase plays up Hildibrand a little too much, perhaps (like Sloppy, a certain Ishgardian NPC, a certain mage, etc) but I honestly think FF works best when it's revelling in dumb humour instead of going all-in on teenage angst and I'm glad it's represented.

Gattsu25

Banned
The fanbase plays up Hildibrand a little too much, perhaps (like Sloppy, a certain Ishgardian NPC, a certain mage, etc) but I honestly think FF works best when it's revelling in dumb humour instead of going all-in on teenage angst and I'm glad it's represented.
If I'm going to be entirely honest, the intro to this quest was the first time I truly found any part of this questline funny or endearing.

BnS is an action MMO and those naturally have fewer skills than a traditional MMO like FFXIV. That being said, WoW ran into the same problems that FFXIV did years ago and Blizzard had to do a lot of work to simplify classes because of skill bloat in addition to the upgrade trees which people mostly ignored in favor of the "one true" build that everyone used.

BnS has always been about the boobs. What's this claptrap about butts in BnS?

I counted them up and here are the totals.

Blade Master: 47
Kungfu Master: 44
Destroyer: 42
Force Master: 43
Assassin: 51
Summoner: 41
Blade Dancer: 49
Warlock: 35 (28 if you subtract automatic pet actions)
Soul Fighter: 42

Might be off by a few on some.

B&S classes have more individual actions that can be performed with a button press compared to FFXIV classes.

Will they do anything resembling B&S? Probably not. I think it would be a more interesting direction since I've really only seen it in a single game, but yeah, it's best to keep expectations in check.

iammeiam

Do you guys think when the new xpac comes out in June Heavensward will be free and included in the base game similar to how WoW does it?

They've announced they're doing reverse WoW--Heavensward isn't being added to the base game, but is being bundled with the new expansion. So it's still just two purchases, but while WoW does 'all the old stuff' in one, and 'the newest thing' in another, FFXIV is going to do ARR in one purchase, and everything after ARR in another.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Starting to fill out my character with 260 gear now and my weapon is still stuck at 210. Are there any new options for a better weapon, casual-style (i.e. don't have to raid)?
Casual style from fastest to longest grind you're left with ilv 250 crafted weapon, ilv 235/ilv 255 Palace of the Dead weapons, ilv 250 A12 normal weapon, and ilv 270 relic (will take weeks to get it that high though).

If you're willing to do extreme primals you can get weapons from them ranging from ilv 220 to ilv 265.

Haly

Imagine potatofells with Hildebrand muscles.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You should be able to SWTOR-style body type 4 for roe. Just a totally huge obese mess. It would make playing the acrobatic classes like ninja and monk hilarious.

So I started an anima weapon because I'm a masochist.

Has it been confirmed if they're going to nerf the Crystal Sand/Umbrite step?

I need one more aether oil before I get to that step and if they don't lower the lore req for the umbrite I'm probably just gonna stop. Shit is ridiculous.

ebil

I need one more aether oil before I get to that step and if they don't lower the lore req for the umbrite I'm probably just gonna stop. Shit is ridiculous.
It's definitely getting nerfed but we're not sure if it's going to happen in patch 3.55 (that will drop by the end of this month) or 3.56 (scheduled for next month). I would suggest waiting for next week's fanfest before committing to anything.

You should be able to SWTOR-style body type 4 for roe. Just a totally huge obese mess. It would make playing the acrobatic classes like ninja and monk hilarious.

You don't actually do any flips or spins or anything like that as any class really.

FFXIV is an MMO which has very little visual flair to attack animations.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You don't actually do any flips or spins or anything like that as any class really.

FFXIV is an MMO which has very little visual flair to attack animations.

I dunno, I find rogue/ninja to be very twirly.

Yeah, in 3.55. I'm expecting a minor nerf to umbrite requirements and cost and for crystal sand requirements as well. The step is the only long major grind right now of the steps so I'm not expecting a super nerf. The 270 step isn't that long and takes maybe 4 days or so of farming light on A1S bonus if you play 3 hours a day. It really isn't as bad as the umbrite. The rest of the steps are easy.

Haly

Had an AST who must've macroed all his spells aside from benefic. It was disgusting.

When my AST is 60 I will macro every spell with Cardcaptor Sakura quotes.

Did the latest patch mess with accuracy? I just did a dungeon and I kept missing every tenth attack or so. I haven't missed an attack since the very beginning of the game, when I started playing years ago.

Or is it the Garo equipment perhaps? It's the first dungeon I do with it.

ebil

Did the latest patch mess with accuracy? I just did a dungeon and I kept missing every tenth attack or so. I haven't missed an attack since the very beginning of the game, when I started playing years ago.

Or is it the Garo equipment perhaps? It's the first dungeon I do with it.
The Garo equipment is PVP gear, and has zero accuracy on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom