• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
20170301181529_1ffjsn.jpg
Finally done with this shit, jesus.

TIME TO DO ANOTHER ONE

Finally done with this shit, jesus.

TIME TO DO ANOTHER ONE

I knocked out my loldrg and topmnk on Tuesday morning and then proceeded to hit 2500 in A9S without an AST with MNK, beating out a lolsmn and lolblm who had foe requiem up 100% of the time in the process.

It's ok though. Soon the sickness that plagues this game will be cured and ONLY melee dps will be wanted. SAM/MNK/DRG/NIN only comp.

kagamin

I'm glad I stacked up on Aether Oil a while ago (I have 3 as of now), but hell I need 9 more unidentifiable seeds to finish this damn step, and I'm all out of poetics and lore. >.>

Thorgal

I'm bothered by the fact that the glow can't be changed with the final relic. Otherwise happy it's over.

Also when did Squall's gear get released?
I don't remember that happening.

squalls outfit is the final rewarrd they added for subscribing for xx amount of days .

Moaradin

I also did the optional Cutter's Cove dungeon which featured the CHIMERA boss at the end. And it reminded me of an oldie: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448493

Remember this?! Wow what a bullshot! Lol. (Also that thread has amazing gems of replies and hot takes from everyone including me! :p)

I chose Narumi because she's Au Ra like me. Racism. :(

Lol I forgot I posted in that thread.

More importantly, fucking give me that much inventory space. Holy shit!

Squishy3

I spent it all om the other unidentifiable items. ;-; (I had 60 Black Copper Gil and 54 Vanu Whitebone before I started, now I have 3 BCG and no VW because I just got a rank up and spent the 6 I got today)
Just slowly get the others with those and start saving the lore for the umbrite step then.

I modified my 275 AST relic cause I figured Spell speed at 142 was a bit too much. I now have 142 crit, 85 accuracy, and 56 spell speed. Is there another way I should balance this or is it fine right now?

CLBridges

Kinda wish I would've stayed up to date on my Bard relic. Just recently finished the ilvl 230 one, the grind feels tremendous lol. Oh well, I'll get it done before Stormblood. Also, really hoping redmage plays well, might switch over depending on how they update the battle system and jobs.

It's basically what all my healer friends told me to lol, cap out accuracy, pick crit or SS and cap it as well and then just meld gear with normal shit.

I never thought this was a good idea when food exists, personally. Food is easily accessible and capping accuracy doesn't really benefit much because you can put a little accuracy and still cap out with heaven's eye V's all on your right side and by using food. There are many ways to go about this but I think it is best to go for a mix of stats because food is so potent.

iammeiam

Hmmm, well this seems good but the thing is I don't meld entire ACC V materias. I mix it up between ACC V and crit V. If I tried this exact stat point allocation i'd probably need to ditch my crit materias and I don't want to.

They kind of touch on it in one of the discussions, but part of the goal is to have melds that work for multiple healer jobs. Having your relic carry your accuracy means you're less effective if you run another healer job for any reason unless it also has a relic statted the same way, but if you're only running on AST relying on the relic for accuracy is less of a drawback. It's also sort of helpful in a longer view that healer gear contribution to accuracy is super static--each piece is going to be able to contribute 12xnumber of slots accuracy for raid gear, secondary stat cap for crafted gear if you want to blow millions on pentamelding. How much crit or any other substat you can meld varies depending on specific gear pieces and if you end up with a bunch of naturally crit capped pieces crit melds aren't an option. Which is pretty irrelevant now that all the gear is out, but when people try to get the most out of their relics it was something to keep in mind.

B.K.

Little Lady's Day done. Now, I'm almost out of inventory space. Both retainers are ull and I have six or seven slots free on me. Need more space.

B.K.

Put the seasonal gear in your armoire lol

I only have five pieces of seasonal gear. This is my first season event. Everything else is stuff that's dropped from mobs, crafted items, and older gear that I don't want to throw away. I'm a hoarder. I had probably 500-600 inventory slots in in XI. I never throw anything away, if I can avoid it.

Edit: I probably had more than that used in XI. I never had room on my main. I had everything except Mog Wardware 3 and 4. All my inventories were maxed out and I still had a couple hundred items on mules.

They kind of touch on it in one of the discussions, but part of the goal is to have melds that work for multiple healer jobs. Having your relic carry your accuracy means you're less effective if you run another healer job for any reason unless it also has a relic statted the same way, but if you're only running on AST relying on the relic for accuracy is less of a drawback. It's also sort of helpful in a longer view that healer gear contribution to accuracy is super static--each piece is going to be able to contribute 12xnumber of slots accuracy for raid gear, secondary stat cap for crafted gear if you want to blow millions on pentamelding. How much crit or any other substat you can meld varies depending on specific gear pieces and if you end up with a bunch of naturally crit capped pieces crit melds aren't an option. Which is pretty irrelevant now that all the gear is out, but when people try to get the most out of their relics it was something to keep in mind.

And half of this stuff doesn't even really apply to me I suppose since I have AST as my main healer in raids while sch is more of my type of healer when I'm bored of AST. Do you have any suggestions for a Healer BiS? I think I have one but.... maybe the ultima stuff changes that? As far as I know... everything shire with Alex Chest Alex Hood, Alex belt, Alex ring, is BiS right now. I'm not sure about the healer pants. I don't really need the piety after all. For all we know... in SB they will remove accuracy and we won't need to meld it anymore.

iammeiam

And half of this stuff doesn't even really apply to me I suppose since I have AST as my main healer in raids while sch is more of my type of healer when I'm bored of AST. Do you have any suggestions for a Healer BiS? I think I have one but.... maybe the ultima stuff changes that? As far as I know... everything shire with Alex Chest Alex Hood, Alex belt, Alex ring, is BiS right now. I'm not sure about the healer pants. I don't really need the piety after all. For all we know... in SB they will remove accuracy and we won't need to meld it anymore.

Realistically everyone's gear is 100% irrelevant for SB anyway since leveling content never has much of an acc requirement.

The biggest problem with the concept of a "Healer BiS" is that it's super variable; part of what I liked about Bok's relic post is that he gets into the various gearsets he uses for different situations, and that while he personally prefers Crit to SS there's a strong case to be made for SS over crit. The importance of Pietyis incredibly variable depending on the fight, the experience and gear level of the group, how hard you're expecting to DPS, which role you're filling, etc etc. Stat importance is also relatively Healer DPS centric.

So the good news is literally everything you do is probably justifiable, and as long as you're hitting Accuracy cap you'll probably be fine (if you're not hitting cap, prioritizing that is key because a miss is a wasted GCD which is going to cancel out a lot of what you're getting from crit/SS), and since accuracy isn't included on any gear piece you have full control over accuracy irrespective of other stats. Everyone loves crit, SS is nice for dot ticks, set is sort of odd man out right now.

Bok lists his personal default set, as well as what he swaps in and out when going for higher or lower piety here. Includes Ultima accessories. But his default set has a healthy amount of piety in it.

Squishy3

The funniest thing about the thread is how a lot of people were comparing it with GW2. It was a fair point at the time I think, but here we are 7 years later, and YoshiP is still here, EVERYONE is excited for Stormblood, and.... GW2 what? :)

Really shows how they turned it around. Impressive.
I tried going back to GW2 for Heart of Thorns. Screw that

wow gj me double posting -_-

Apoptomon

lizard girl = cat girl >>>>> potato girl
she's clearly itching to go solo

... the gear and dance so doesn't suit my character...

wamberz1

When I saw what the event was going to be I thought I wouldn't bother with getting any of the gear for glam, but I'm glad I did now. Really liking this coat.
voAoSk5.png

Oh shit, I should go machinist with revolver of the wanderer. ITS HIGH NOON

dramatis

I only have five pieces of seasonal gear. This is my first season event. Everything else is stuff that's dropped from mobs, crafted items, and older gear that I don't want to throw away. I'm a hoarder. I had probably 500-600 inventory slots in in XI. I never throw anything away, if I can avoid it.

Edit: I probably had more than that used in XI. I never had room on my main. I had everything except Mog Wardware 3 and 4. All my inventories were maxed out and I still had a couple hundred items on mules.
You have to either get more retainers via mogstation, or you have to learn to cull.

I have never spent extra real money on retainers, which means I juggle inventory space, and that means you have to get rid of stuff, period. This is particularly difficult for me since two pages of inventory is basically filled with gardening seeds for the FC because...the FC chest has no room either.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh at Dissidia Squall outfit being the one they choose but at least there's an VIII outfit in the game finally! Now to just be subbed that long. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom