• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munba

Teknoman said:
And I really wish there was some sort of topic to confirm whether or not the boss monsters have their own theme (hopefully the one I posted earlier). Not a big deal to some, but it should be an obvious thing to do.

Yeah about theme. And can't wait to hear the specific dungeon themes too.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Munba said:
Yeah about theme. And can't wait to hear the specific dungeon themes too.
I'd be fine if they use the boss themes that are already in the game. I mean, you hardly get to hear them now, anyway.

Eccocid

Ok just hit rank 25 with pugilist... i am boreeeeed.

Did some leves n Nanawa mines. That place was more fun than desert. Then i got some leves for Nophica's Wells. I was imagining some beautiful sceneary with wells or some underground thing. All i got is another crystal in the middle of desert. Such laziness lol. I did a leve by myself at there and i think i will wait for the 1.8.

I dont like crafting in games it is such a hassle to look for all the items you need and shop for them(double the hassle). So far leve rewards are good and enough for me and no one cares what you wear or what skills you got in parties. Totally opposite of FFXI. Even if i am levelling up another class in here i dont even bother changing my armor lol.

They should get rid of that armor system. Being able to wear everything from every class at any level just makes everything less desirable.

Teknoman

Rentahamster said:
I'd be fine if they use the boss themes that are already in the game. I mean, you hardly get to hear them now, anyway.

Thats what I mean. Now dungeon themes should be new, but I would be fine if they used the same theme for most lower/ mid level dungeons.

Still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBf9H9pnF4Y&feature=related for boss theme. No substitutes unless there is something better I havent heard.

Eccocid said:
Ok just hit rank 25 with pugilist... i am boreeeeed.

Did some leves n Nanawa mines. That place was more fun than desert. Then i got some leves for Nophica's Wells. I was imagining some beautiful sceneary with wells or some underground thing. All i got is another crystal in the middle of desert. Such laziness lol. I did a leve by myself at there and i think i will wait for the 1.8.

I dont like crafting in games it is such a hassle to look for all the items you need and shop for them(double the hassle). So far leve rewards are good and enough for me and no one cares what you wear or what skills you got in parties. Totally opposite of FFXI. Even if i am levelling up another class in here i dont even bother changing my armor lol.

They should get rid of that armor system. Being able to wear everything from every class at any level just makes everything less desirable.

1.18 is supposed to overhaul equipment stats and how they work. Same with skills and everything involved with combat as a whole ( or the start anyway) so hopefully all the party problems start to vanish.

Coldsnap said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

Guess who just got back today?
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, haven't much to say
But man, I still think them cats are crazy

They were asking if you were around
How you was, where you could be found
Told them you were living downtown
Driving all the old men crazy

The boys are back in town
I said

Gary Oldman: Benny, bring me everyone.
Benny: What do you mean, everyone?
Gary Oldman: EEEEEEEEVVVVVEEEERRRRRYYYYOOOONNNNEEEE!!!!!!!

Munba

Rentahamster said:

Teknoman said:
Thats what I mean. Now dungeon themes should be new, but I would be fine if they used the same theme for most lower/ mid level dungeons.

I would like they put Aetherial Slumber track in one of them. Perfect for a dungeon theme imo.

edit: btw, what a TON of useless topics in the official forums (general discussion).. bah

Jinko

Eccocid said:

Totally agree 1 million percent, but I always get my head chewed off on the offical forum when I suggest restricted gear and level.

Most of them over there don't have a clue whats best for the themselves.

If I was producer it would have been the first thing I would have addressed, ....oh and fixing the stats.

I think Yoshi-P has wastes a whole lot too much time on this battle system and it seems he is only half way through completing it :S

DrDogg

Hello!

I've been out of the FFXIV loop for about 3 months. Can anyone give me a summary of what's changed and what's coming?

Also, any word on the PS3 release or when we'll start paying for this?

I would like to get back in the game and enjoy myself and the LS (with any negativity -- sorries for that), but I need to hear some good news to get the necessary motivation.

^_^

Teknoman

DrDogg said:
Hello!

I've been out of the FFXIV loop for about 3 months. Can anyone give me a summary of what's changed and what's coming?

Also, any word on the PS3 release or when we'll start paying for this?

I would like to get back in the game and enjoy myself and the LS (with any negativity -- sorries for that), but I need to hear some good news to get the necessary motivation.

^_^

Pretty much just wait for the 1.18 patch log. Can take a look at the in progress new animations video though.

Eccocid

SO finally had a chance to do the famous Levinshower leve with full party of 8 people last night!

I got the leve from guild and been asking for ppl in city. Gathered ppl from the 2 LS i use (Matriach and Kiboyashi). SO i was expecting something epic LOL. It was such a short leve but SP was good..

We had 8 ppl and our ranks were between 26-30. And we did it in 3 stars which was easy i think.

So my problem is. It was a full party of people but we didn't use any strategy or planning. Just rushed from one mob to another. Sometimes people died, revided at crystal and rushed back to where the party is.

So is SE planning to fix this too? There is no hate control in the game, no one bothers with anything at all its just everyone spams their best attacks while healers heal. Heck a few times in those party plays, i was late to target the mob and didnt even attack once and still everything went smooth. It feels so shallow.

I miss those FFXI parties with strict roles, timing and skills you can use in battles.

I know i have been doing nothing but ranting lately but i really love the community of online FF games that's why i am still playing it i think.

Jinko

Eccocid said:
SO finally had a chance to do the famous Levinshower leve with full party of 8 people last night!

I got the leve from guild and been asking for ppl in city. Gathered ppl from the 2 LS i use (Matriach and Kiboyashi). SO i was expecting something epic LOL. It was such a short leve but SP was good..

We had 8 ppl and our ranks were between 26-30. And we did it in 3 stars which was easy i think.

So my problem is. It was a full party of people but we didn't use any strategy or planning. Just rushed from one mob to another. Sometimes people died, revided at crystal and rushed back to where the party is.

So is SE planning to fix this too? There is no hate control in the game, no one bothers with anything at all its just everyone spams their best attacks while healers heal. Heck a few times in those party plays, i was late to target the mob and didnt even attack once and still everything went smooth. It feels so shallow.

I miss those FFXI parties with strict roles, timing and skills you can use in battles.

I know i have been doing nothing but ranting lately but i really love the community of online FF games that's why i am still playing it i think.

Yea a lot of people have complained about the same thing, time will tell if they plan to make things more difficult, the dungeons have been made with difficulty in mind and they are planning to reaccessed the guild leves in general so hopefully they will make them more challenging.

Pretty much all leves are simple rush/zerg encounters and that's why so many people get bored of the game so fast.

FFXIV is so bad, I couldn't play for more than one or two hours straight! A 8-12 hrs marathon was something typical when I was playing FFXI a few years ago. I have already uninstalled it. However I will install it again when it gets real content!

camelpope

Neo Member
I bought XIV before I got sent to a dang navy thing for week. Played about 30 min of it and while not enough time to judge...I was mehed so far.

Although better then starting 11 years ago and getting killed by a rabbit in my first half hour.

Still my gaming MMO shame.

Buttons

As there was a demand for more concept art to go along with the lore, I whipped up another image and added it to my original post. :) Was lots of fun to make, gives people something positive to think about instead of listening to the constant whining and bashing of the game. :)

goblinairmanvscactuarw79p.jpg

Original post:
http://buttons-tarutaru.blogspot.com/2011/06/goblin-airmen.html

Post on official forums, please support it by pumping it every now and then. :)
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/11531-dev1031-goblin-airman

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Buttons said:
As there was a demand for more concept art to go along with the lore, I whipped up another image and added it to my original post. :)
Make another one with a ranger trying to shoot it down.

And incorporate Duck Hunt, somehow.

Teknoman

Rukkirii said:
We confirmed with the development team that along with the implementation of instanced raids, they will be looking into enhancing the convenience of the party member search system. A raid search option will be added along with a feature that allows players to indicate they are searching for a party outside of raids.

We are currently performing thorough tests to ensure there are no problems for implementation.

fonz_bike.gif

The list of things 'they are looking into' constantly grows and grows. They aren't even adding to the list of promises at this point because that list is already a mile long, so now they have a list of things which might one day be promises.

Londa

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
The list of things 'they are looking into' constantly grows and grows. They aren't even adding to the list of promises at this point because that list is already a mile long, so now they have a list of things which might one day be promises.

This is why I gave up on following FFXIV until they put these promises into a patch. This large patch was suppose to go live last month, then it was changed to the middle of this month, then to the end of this month, and now its the middle of July. I'm getting fucking tired.

Teknoman

I think it was just mid June at the earliest and then they changed it to July.

Also I think "looking into" just means working on it, not the conventional english sense of the words that mean "we might do it, but we dont know yet".

Oh and interview from 4gamer thats being translated:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/14633-New-interview-from-JP-4gamer-site

Also Yoshi posted something:

FFXIVプロデューサ/ディレクタの吉田です。
少しパッチ1.18の作業も落ち着いてきたので、ポストさせて頂きますね。

この3国の過疎問題は、吉田も非常に大きな問題と認識しています。
皆さんが挙げて頂いているように、都市そのものの利便性、周辺コンテンツの有用性が
そうさせているものと思います。

これを調整するためには
「ウルダハの利便性を下げるのではなく、他の2国の利便性を上げる」
「それぞれの国の特色(=コンテンツ,ギルドの調整)を出して調整する」
の2つの要素が必要になります。

ただし、3国独自のコンテンツ実装は、やはりバトルが絡むものが多くなり、
かつ、MAPそのものの改修とも切り離せません。
場当たり的にウルダハの利便性を下げることだけは絶対にしたくありませんので、
(結果的に全部利便性が悪くなる、皆さんに不利益しかない)
かなり時間をかけさせて頂くことになります。

全マップの改修でもREPを通じて回答させて頂いていますが、
3国の都市を含め、全MAPの「根本的なテコ入れ」は既に計画して、
仕様の作成も終わっています。年単位の作業になりますが、
必ず実施しますので、そのタイミングに合わせて3国バランスも
根本調整を行います。

その際、3国はランク50に至るまでは、ランクに従って拠点とする都市を変え、
ランク35-40辺りで、それぞれの国の特徴に従い、プレイするコンテンツにより、
拠点をチョイスするという方針で導線を設計してます。

かなり長期プランにはなりますが、特に重要と認識していますので、
FFXIV立て直しの最も規模の大きな改修ポイントとお考えください。

最後に3国の飛空挺移動(実MAP上を飛行するシステムではないです)はMAP大改修前になんとかします!
パッチ1.19に間に合うよう、頑張りますので、今しばらくお待ちください!

Munba

Chocobo is a much more complicate feature to introduce imo, because it implies also sub-features like a possibile grow system, mini-games, etc. I would not like they throw the chocobo in the game only to make happy the players, without a concrete plan behind. I want a deep chocobo system if possibile.

Munba said:
Chocobo is a much more complicate feature to introduce imo, because it implies also sub-features like a possibile grow system, mini-games, etc. I would not like they throw the chocobo in the game only to make happy the players, without a concrete plan behind. I want a deep chocobo system if possibile.

I want a lot of things in life, but the thing I want the most relating to Squenix is to build a time machine so I can go back in time to 2001, find Yoichi Wada in the past, tell him what he is going to do to his company over the next 10 years, and give him a chance to change history.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Munba said:
I'd hope they do this: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/10792-DevTalk-Chocobo-Thread.-Riding!-Raising!-Racing!-You-Know-You-Want-Your-Fix

I don't see why they can't just implement chocobo rental first, just to help fix the transportation problem, then put in raising and racing later. I mean, in FF11, we only had rentals for a long time before they added in the other stuff.

Unknown Soldier said:
I want a lot of things in life, but the thing I want the most relating to Squenix is to build a time machine so I can go back in time to 2001, find Yoichi Wada in the past, tell him what he is going to do to his company over the next 10 years, and give him a chance to change history.
Careful, Bioware is gonna send back Michael Biehn to stop you.

Hulud

I'm confused, why would we need airships when we can just teleport wherever we want at almost no penalty? Just to get to areas we've never been before?

I mean, airships made sense in FFXI because there was no teleporting in that game aside from the mages that charged for it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hulud said:
I'm confused, why would we need airships when we can just teleport wherever we want at almost no penalty? Just to get to areas we've never been before?

I mean, airships made sense in FFXI because there was no teleporting in that game aside from the mages that charged for it.
Airships are nice to have when you're low on anima.

It's a shame I have spent so much time away only to look back and feel like I haven't missed anything. I still haven't abandoned the game yet just decided to aggressively finish my backlog. I should hopefully return to FFXIV within the next two weeks.

panda21

for some reason i still have a morbid curiosity about this game, i sort of want to pick it up but i'm being hindered by the fact that it isn't on any of the DD services as far as i can see (how does that make any sense for an online multiplayer only game?!).

did they stop charging for it since it was such a mess?

i just tried going to the official eu site and it looks more like some terrible fan site with ridiculous over use of flash, no actual information and screenshots that look like they should be from a 5/6 year old PC game.

Nakazato

not sure what to think about the taking away the AoE toggle... It was a good idea to have it so now were going to get -aga spells that will eat up task bar space cause ppl are to fucking busy to press the Z button

Coldsnap

Rentahamster said:
Alone? What are you doing? I don't see you chatting in the other LS chats.

Yea, I've just been running around linkshell-less since Red Dot broke up. Game is really clickish right now and I feel like I'm just bugging people if I ask for something.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
New info from another interview:

Dungeons will have multiple paths, and the loot rewards you get will vary depending upon your clear time, as well as path taken.

Other confirmed jobs are Paladin, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Dragoon, Bard

scotcheggz

Rentahamster said:
New info from another interview:

Dungeons will have multiple paths, and the loot rewards you get will vary depending upon your clear time, as well as path taken.

Other confirmed jobs are Paladin, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Dragoon, Bard

BARD??

Ok I'm interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom