• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Still enjoying the lowbie tanking, but I reckon I'll be heading to the somewhat tougher content soon. Mostly concerned with doing Brayflox and beyond as an inexperienced tank. Is it worth it to go by duty finder when I dip my toe in these dungeons, or would it be better for my sanity to try and make an FC group?

I also need to get back to leveling CNJ up to 30 some time so that I can get the WHM stone. I think the thing holding me back from leveling CNJ and SMN more right now is that I know I need to get BLM to 26 for Swiftcast soon, and I just do not like playing that job at low levels.

Mowgli

Banned
I am newer to the game am on Lamia now but from the looks initially everyone is on Ultros is this still the case? I would like to actually play with people who have even a little bit of knowledge of the game.

I am newer to the game am on Lamia now but from the looks initially everyone is on Ultros is this still the case? I would like to actually play with people who have even a little bit of knowledge of the game.

There are more Gafers on Ultros by far. Plenty of helpful ones too.

Got Conjurer to level 15 so I'll be ready for PLD when I reach 30 with my GLA.

Tanking is pretty decent in this game.

Playing a DPS class caused me to fall asleep in the beta so I'm glad that I made the choice to go GLA here.

At what point do the dungeons start getting really dependent on the tank's performance?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Got Conjurer to level 15 so I'll be ready for PLD when I reach 30 with my GLA.

Tanking is pretty decent in this game.

Playing a DPS class caused me to fall asleep in the beta so I'm glad that I made the choice to go GLA here.

At what point do the dungeons start getting really dependent on the tank's performance?

Brayflox's Longstop. And just continues from there.

Kind of true for every role really. While still relatively easy, thats the first dungeon where things start to become a bit more difficult/complex.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
If anyone's bored enough in Ultros hit me up if you can help me meld my BLM pre-relic so I can continue the quest. Thanks :)

Allard

SO 2.4 will get Ninja/Rogue. Is there any hints to what's jobs/classes coming in the EX Pack?

Yoshida said a new tank and healer job is coming in the expansion, what if any goes beyond that we dont know (We also know Musketeer class is coming as well, whether it becomes part of the aforementioned tank or healing jobs is unknown as well). The rogue/Scout class introduced in 2.4, besides being a fan favorite, was meant to spice up PvP in things like front lines so that is why he wanted it out sooner.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
they have open recruitment all the time i think
Well, any GAFers looking for a FC should just transfer to Hyperion. You'll get to hang out with legacy players which is great because they can tell you how awful the game used to be.

Noi

Well, any GAFers looking for a FC should just transfer to Hyperion. You'll get to hang out with legacy players which is great because they can tell you how awful the game used to be.

Additionally, you could hear people in Mor Dohna going on about how buying an alienware changed their life.

Magnificent experience tonight , when i was with a dongeon with a healer that ignored the fight to go on ahead and pull more mobs when we hadn't finished to kill the 3 or 4 on us.

When the tank and myself ( dps ) were telling him "stop" or " you're making my job more difficult"<( tank own words ) we were met with " whatever it's not like you guys died "

THE RAGE i had at this point was beyond anything i thought was possible.

This is of course the condensed version since that player was " i do what i want "

Seriously ? i mean seriously ?

sigh*

There are plenty of legacy players on Ultros who can regale you with tales of how great 1.0 was too.

i had a weird mage in wanderer's earlier that did like 5dps. i think he didn't know about AE attacks. nobody said anything, so he will do the same in the next roulette.

i hope yoshi gives us some kind of dps tool for everyone. doesn't have to be on all the time. a pop-up at the end of a dungeon run or raid will suffice.

Question about converting materia: Since all my crafting/gathering classes are somewhere between levels 5-15, should I just stick to convert materia from items within that range, or is it alright for me to convert from higher level clothing?

BadRNG

Question about converting materia: Since all my crafting/gathering classes are somewhere between levels 5-15, should I just stick to convert materia from items within that range, or is it alright for me to convert from higher level clothing?
Converting materia has zero to do with crafting, only melding is. You need a certain level to meld into that piece.

For the converting part, convert everything you can that you don't need anymore. What level materia you get is based on the ilevel of the item, Grade 1 for 1-29. 30-44 for G2, 45-69 for G3, 70+ for G4. Every rank of items also has a chance to do one grade higher rarely, so a G3 class item could turn into G4 every now and then.

Converting materia has zero to do with crafting, only melding is. You need a certain level to meld into that piece.

For the converting part, convert everything you can that you don't need anymore. What level materia you get is based on the ilevel of the item, Grade 1 for 1-29. 30-44 for G2, 45-69 for G3, 70+ for G4. Every rank of items also has a chance to do one grade higher rarely, so a G3 class item could turn into G4 every now and then.

Well shit, I had a few PUG/LNC weapons that I could have converted if I figured this out beforehand. But I already sold them :/

Well, after what has essentially been my first week back since 2.0 I have to say I am in love again.

It's been a crazy week. I:

1. Did all of the HM dungeons.
  2. Did Levi, Mog and Greg, and all the story stuff associated with it.
  3. Got my Relic and +1ed it.
  4. Beat Garuda and Titan Hard mode finally.
  5. Got my WAR up to 35 from about 25.
  6. Did CT
  7. Pretty much completely replaced my left side gear.
I'm pretty stoked. My biggest issue with the game in 2.0 was that I was bored to tears at the end game because there was NOTHING to do. I ran AK often, and wanted to shoot myself in the head when it was done. Progression seems a lot smoother now, we'll see if it continues in 2.3, but for anyone who left because they couldn't take AK anymore, the game is so much better now it's not even funny.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm starting to rethink being WHM at 50.

Just did story Titan on my alt and everything just felt super messy. I mean no one died but I felt like... ugh. :(

I felt like I was screwing up the whole time :<

Carbonox

Brayflox's Longstop. And just continues from there.

Kind of true for every role really. While still relatively easy, thats the first dungeon where things start to become a bit more difficult/complex.

This.

Tackled it for the first time last night. Whole lot of nope. I was level 33 with level 30 armor (struggling to come across better stuff at the time but now I'm level 34 some new missions have opened up which I believe are leading me to 31/32 armor) and was getting wrecked. SOMEHOW we still fucking won though but god damn I'm not doing another dungeon until I'm appropriately geared/levelled. Not just myself I'm letting down (seeing as I want to progress with the story) but it's others too. Won't make this mistake again.

Every othe dungeon prior was a cakewalk for me but this one sucked so much. And I'm the tank!

Carbonox

My one and only class.

The pressure is like nothing real life could even compete with.

Its always my fault
says the chat window all of the time

haha I got called a dumbass yesterday cos I wasn't instantaneous with knowing what to do with the Brayflox final boss and the poison he spits out. As if a gentle reminder was a foreign concept to people these days.

I could very easily just read a Youtube walkthrough of a dungeon prior to tackling it each and every time so I know going in but then all the awe and mystery goes out of the window when I know what to expect round every corner. I want each dungeon to be a cool new experience for someone like myself who has never played an MMO before this. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work now like it did in earlier dungeons.

I do plan on revisiting through Brayflox a couple of times as my last run netted me fuck all gear-wise.

plake

This.

Tackled it for the first time last night. Whole lot of nope. I was level 33 with level 30 armor (struggling to come across better stuff at the time but now I'm level 34 some new missions have opened up which I believe are leading me to 31/32 armor) and was getting wrecked. SOMEHOW we still fucking won though but god damn I'm not doing another dungeon until I'm appropriately geared/levelled. Not just myself I'm letting down (seeing as I want to progress with the story) but it's others too. Won't make this mistake again.

Every othe dungeon prior was a cakewalk for me but this one sucked so much. And I'm the tank!

Don't worry, it's a tough dungeon for that level. Just keep on levelling up and getting new gear (preferably as loot while doing dungeons) and you'll get past it in no time.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Decided that now was a good time to start playing about with my MNK in BCoB to attempt to gear up, and now I finally see why raiding can be so much fun. So far, I've only done Turns 1 and 2, and they were chaos.

There were a couple of wipes in Turn 1, apparently because of broken macros and controllers dying, but there was no raging, no blame game - the people at fault stood up and said "sorry". Might be a small thing, but it made a huge difference in party morale.

Compared to one of the Turn 2 runs I did... Ended up partied with the same WAR in both runs. First time went without a hitch. Enrage method is really boring, but it seemed to work. Second time through, I can only suspect that the healers weren't being terribly efficient. Everyone was low on HP, I died, and the WAR accused me of using Blood For Blood, despite the fact that my DRG's only level 33 (not that I'd use it when there's raid-wide 2k damage flying around). Everyone else started dying shortly afterwards, and then the party disbanded.

One thing I noticed is that trying to silence High Voltage as a MNK is almost impossible. Why don't BRDs pay attention?!

WolvenOne

I'm thinking I'm really going to need to start moving upto 55 or 70 gear, if I'm going to want a realistic shot of getting Tier 4 Materia's during Spirit Binding. That's mostly what I need at this point, and even Tier 3 Determ has become pretty cheap *so it's not as if I can make the money I need for the Tier 4's that way.

I'll occasionally see Tier 4's off level 49 pieces, but not often. o_O

WolvenOne

haha I got called a dumbass yesterday cos I wasn't instantaneous with knowing what to do with the Brayflox final boss and the poison he spits out. As if a gentle reminder was a foreign concept to people these days.

I could very easily just read a Youtube walkthrough of a dungeon prior to tackling it each and every time so I know going in but then all the awe and mystery goes out of the window when I know what to expect round every corner. I want each dungeon to be a cool new experience for someone like myself who has never played an MMO before this. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work now like it did in earlier dungeons.

I do plan on revisiting through Brayflox a couple of times as my last run netted me fuck all gear-wise.

Brayflox Story Mode is actually a really awesome dungeun, so I whole heartedly recommend re-running it a couple times.

I think it's the favorite part of gearing up a new class actually. XD

Ken

rolls Need on the unidentified Allagan tomestone. 98!
rolls Need on the unidentified Allagan tomestone. 46!
rolls Need on the unidentified Allagan tomestone. 93!
rolls Need on the unidentified Allagan tomestone. 28!
rolls Need on the unidentified Allagan tomestone. 99!
obtains an unidentified Allagan tomestone.

the roll of kings

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking I'm really going to need to start moving upto 55 or 70 gear, if I'm going to want a realistic shot of getting Tier 4 Materia's during Spirit Binding. That's mostly what I need at this point, and even Tier 3 Determ has become pretty cheap *so it's not as if I can make the money I need for the Tier 4's that way.

If I recall correctly, 70 stuff only spiritbonds in CT and Coil.

IMBored

I didn't know you will be able to invite people to the private chambers, that'll lead to some interesting situations. Also, you can have vendors and crafting station there, no more using the filthy FC vendors.

BadRNG

Don't waste your time on i55, it costs more to make and takes longer to spiritbond but doesn't result in IV anymore often. Before 2.1 i55 was the only way to get a chance at IV, but they lowered it so the other G3 tier (45+) has the chance now too.

As for i70. it does guarantee a IV but be careful with it. Many of these pieces are still up to 100-120k at HQ, and if you get bad luck you will lose a lot of gil fast. Most main stat and the resist materias are all in the 15-30k range (IF you can find a buyer, this stuff isn't exactly flying off the MB). And almost everything besides a Det IV will have you making a very small profit - often less than or equal to a III's profit - or having you barely breaking even.

If I recall correctly, 70 stuff only spiritbonds in CT and Coil.
And then there is this. i70 is a big hassle for no guaranteed reward. You may not win the lottery every time but doing a full set of 45-49 gear in 30 minutes solo is far more reliable, and unless you got RNG gods on your side far more profitable.

Semper88

I need advice..

I've never touched any crafting classes and my WAR is pretty decked out and i've almost got my Animus just 2 books to go.

So.. whats a good crafting class to take on? with in mind that all the Materia shit Novus brings along. I was thinking about goldsmith, any thoughts about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom