• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noob question, whats this so called DPS Check you guys are talking about now and then?

In a nutshell, it's a period of some or all of a battle where if you (your party) don't do a certain amount of damage within a certain amount of time, you will fail, either due to an unwinnable situation or an enforced immediate wipe.

Semper88

If people think that grinding the ATMA crystals is horrible.. well i got news for you.

wait till you have to camp the FATE spots that you need for the books my lord thats so shit..

SE was definitely smoking crack when they made that up XD

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Noob question, whats this so called DPS Check you guys are talking about now and then?

How much damage you put out as a team

Certain bosses are a DPS check, if your group can't damage the mob enough to push it to the next phase, you will not be able to beat it

Like in AK the Demon Wall
In 2.0 it was a DPS check, if you didn't do enough damage, kill bees within the timer of how the wall eats up space in front of you, you wipe
Now it's a fucking cake walk with DPS being super high and the nerfs that wall got (including the bees being removed)

Coil 2 Turn 3 (Turn 8) is a DPS check
If your group can not kill the boss in 11:00 minutes it will go into enrage and will wipe you
The towers are almost considered a secondary mechanic, your DPS output has to be above a threshold, I'm thinking it's like 1500 DPS/sec or something like that (someone will correct on me this)
If you have low DPS, you can be perfect on all towers and still wipe, cause you don't have the DPS

i'll give you 20 bucks times how many high allagan pieces you have for it

So I'll get a whopping $40 bucks lol?

I can sell it for roughly $250 on different sites

I had completely forgotten that I hadn't killed him. Managed to do it over the weekend with a pug after about 3 hours trying to find a group.

Didn't help at all that we killed it with about a second to spare.

Those are actually the best kind of kills...
the rush you have when you have less than a minute on the timer is something that i've only experienced once but it was highly satisfying !

orion434

Stashed 99 HQ Umbral Rock in case they add more ilv 70 Gathering Equipment to trade in Mor Dhonna. If I had to guess I'd say the Head & Arms would be 30, Legs & Feet to be 40, and Body 50. I should stash some HQ Fragrant Logs too.

11/20 Silver Soverign fish caught. I was thinking that with all the useless fish in the game Desynthesis just for Shards / Crystals / Clusters wouldn't be a bad idea

GraveRobberX

11/20 Silver Soverign fish caught. I was thinking that with all the useless fish in the game Desynthesis just for Shards / Crystals / Clusters wouldn't be a bad idea

You'll get HQ Fish Oil and Fish Stock, and you'll LIKE IT!

that's so low for how much time you put into it :/

If peoples objective was to make $$$ off this by creating a R2P (ready to play) char, they picked the wrong MMO

I mean I put in work in this char, 20 mil gil, all crafts to 50, then chasing those crazy achievement rewards I;m OK with the money I spent so far for this game + time I've put into it
$80 (CE) + $78 (6 month sub) + $78 (6 month sub) + tax = $250 total
I know I put in at least 1000+ hours of playing (not afk/wasting it), so it averages out to $1 for every 4 hours of gameplay
I still have 3 months left to play

Tabris

Stashed 99 HQ Umbral Rock in case they add more ilv 70 Gathering Equipment to trade in Mor Dhonna. If I had to guess I'd say the Head & Arms would be 30, Legs & Feet to be 40, and Body 50. I should stash some HQ Fragrant Logs too.

I'm pretty sure they'll pick a new item for people to mine that will be 3 star.

GraveRobberX

I'm pretty sure they'll pick a new item for people to mine that will be 3 star.

Most likely new 2 star nodes with new items to get the gathering stuff they will add

I highly doubt they want to add in more crazy caps for Gathering if they introduce 3 star nodes and ask gatherers to re-meld all over again to reach the next batch

Tabris

Most likely new 2 star nodes with new items to get the gathering stuff they will add

I highly doubt they want to add in more crazy caps for Gathering if they introduce 3 star nodes and ask gatherers to re-meld all over again to reach the next batch

Remeld? Don't you need to be melded + i70 hat + i70 axe to even mine 3 star already? It would just mean you would have to be melded up and have the previous 2 items to be able to mine the new items.

GraveRobberX

Remeld? Don't you need to be melded + i70 hat + i70 axe to even mine 3 star already? It would just mean you would have to be melded up and have the previous 2 items to be able to mine the new items.

You farm 2 star nodes to get the hat + tool so you can get to hit 3 star nodes and farm those on a hourly basis
If you have to hit 3 star node materials to get the new pieces, then you'll have to introduce 4 star nodes for mats

To make some decent 3* food :)

Which will be awesomely priced the first week and undercut like a motherfucker the next
Then you wait till next patch for that 1 week sniff of glorious gil

orion434

You farm 2 star nodes to get the hat + tool so you can get to hit 3 star nodes and farm those on a hourly basis
If you have to hit 3 star node materials to get the new pieces, then you'll have to introduce 4 star nodes for mats

Which will be awesomely priced the first week and undercut like a motherfucker the next
Then you wait till next patch for that 1 week sniff of glorious gil

That would be true if you could actually sell Umbral Rock / Fragrant Log on the Market Board.

My stockpiling prior to 2.2 is what gave me all the Gil I have now, Not Cheshire-Rich but pretty well off :)

To keep the economy going they will probably make ilv 70 trade in, then ilv 90 crafted + melding then ilv 110 trade-in. That cycle will keep every other set meld-able to reach the next Tier.

Maybe some of the new crafting recipes will use fragrant/ umbral, now that many people have them.

Then I'll be even more well off :) takes about 30 hours of play to get a stack.

Frazley

OH CRAP! I'm in it now. Just bought the FFXIV soundtracks for the minions and to have the music on-demand whenever I want it. I am hopeless.

so, im thinking how to solve annoying the FC, maybe i should make a linkshell where i can invite people i dont annoy to talk and just hide the fc chat, i _know_ i annoy some people, which i dont want to.

its either that or maybe i should join another smaller fc that likes to talk more, my enjoyment comes out of sharing my stuff that happens, i cant play a game like its singleplayer only.

sorry to whoever i annoyed/offended.

Don't ever worry about what people think! I enjoy chatting with you, plus I know one or two people might get annoyed by me at times. Human beings annoy others all the time, but that doesn't stop us from being creative. If you leave then I'll be forced to talk more, so please don't leave!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Man I love this game, but coming into this thread my mind is blown with all the abbreviated words and talk of end game shit that I honestly havent got a single clue about.

Im currently grinding for gil and tomestone since reaching lvl50, now Im honestly baffled with the amount of things going on. Kinda putting me off playing tbh :(

My first mmo btw......I know Guild Wars doesnt count ;)

Follow the Reddit guide. Get Myth/Soldiery gear and get ready to do Coil 1.

no worries. been playing for a while and still don't know wtf Ramah is.

You've never played a Final Fantasy? Ramuh is the god of lightning in the Final Fantasy series. He'll be the newest primal to fight against in the next patch.

Tabris

I don't think the reddit guide is good as it hasn't been updated for 2.28.

Essentially what you want to do is just keep doing Crystal Tower until you have your i80 gear and lots of myth (gives 150 a pop, fastest way to get myth until speed running dungeons becomes available) while doing your relic. Then go after HM and EX dungeons.

Jayhawk

Essentially what you want to do is just keep doing Crystal Tower until you have your i80 gear and lots of myth (gives 150 a pop, fastest way to get myth until speed running dungeons becomes available) while doing your relic. Then go after HM and EX dungeons.

Biggest problem with CT is that the queue times can be long and the group you end up with could have many wipes, and that Reddit guide even mentions that.

kidko

Noob question:

Just started, enjoying it so far. Wondering if I can join the GAF linkshell without having to join the FC.

That reminds me now that I have all my crafting jobs at 50, I can get back melding out my BTN...><

Tabris

I don't think there's a umbrella GAF LS anymore.

This would be a nice idea. I liked chatting with a lot of people from GAF, just wasn't compatible with the guild elements. Since there's some members in other FC's now, maybe an LS to unite us under an umbrella chatroom.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So walking around Balmung's housing districts...

Good god no one in this game knows how to decorate a yard. Insides aren't too bad (usually) but I swear every yard is cluttered as hell, and with the exact same items too.

Just because you have an item, doesn't mean you have to use it. Christ ._.

Mature

Good god no one in this game knows how to decorate a yard. Insides aren't too bad (usually) but I swear every yard is cluttered as hell, and with the exact same items too.

Yep, it's awful. Tacky as hell.

BLCKATK

HEY MAN! We worked hard on our house! We aren't finished remodeling it though.

Lavender Beds Ward 2, Plot 3

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
HEY MAN! We worked hard on our house! We aren't finished remodeling it though.

Lavender Beds Ward 2, Plot 3

Someone else on Balmung? :eek:

Seriously, I need to get in contact with any GAFers here. Outside of a linkshell with some tumblr folks, I don't know anyone here.

BLCKATK

Someone else on Balmung? :eek:

Seriously, I need to get in contact with any GAFers here. Outside of a linkshell with some tumblr folks, I don't know anyone here.

Yeah dude! I've been on Balmung since 1.0. My name is Lenz Sabre. Shoot me a tell if you ever want to do something.

WolvenOne

The way this game is set up, you'll only see a significant number of people outside the endgame areas when they're going through the story. Hopefully hunts help with this somewhat. I know dailies do, but there's only a fairly limited number of areas in the game used for Dailies.

Tabris

Maybe I'm just always on during primetime, but every zone I go into is populated with people.

People camping for FATE's, gathering, questing, FATE'ing, etc.

WolvenOne

Maybe I'm just always on during primetime, but every zone I go into is populated with people.

People camping for FATE's, gathering, questing, FATE'ing, etc.

Well right now I'm mainly going back and forth between a few key places, like Fallgourd, which has a pretty good population because of Second Coil. Or I'm doing Alexandrite maps, sometimes I see other people while doing those.

But I'm in mountain time, so a smaller window of my play window falls into that Prime Time slot.

WolvenOne

If you aren't playing during East Coast prime times, good luck...

As a Tank at least, I can usually get Queues to pop at any time. Mainly this affects doing things on the local server. As in, doing difficult Trials, or putting together Brayflox speedruns.

Other servers must be a little less east coast centric.

WolvenOne

Messed up two daily maps now, fuck sake. That's two days wasted :/

If you aren't a tank, I would dare solo those. Even if you are, it's a good idea to do those with other people when you can.

Granted, I'm guilty of that myself. I always feel like I'm putting other people out when I ask, since they only get a few hundred Gil for helping me out.

Tabris

If you aren't a tank, I would dare solo those. Even if you are, it's a good idea to do those with other people when you can.

Granted, I'm guilty of that myself. I always feel like I'm putting other people out when I ask, since they only get a few hundred Gil for helping me out.

Don't feel put out asking me on LS.

IvorB

Nice. Upload it and share it if you can! Who were you btw?

I'll see if I can upload it but I have no idea where as I've never used YouTube. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I was Eremis Malefactor, the black mage.

I was thinking about trying to set up the PS3/PS4 version so i'd be able to record that too, but I dunno if the performance would be there / would be better to just FRAPS (i'm on PC with a dual shock 3).

Yeah I basically have to tell the PS4 in advance when I want to record something by double tapping the share button. If I press it after it just records a random piece of gameplay from any random time in the passed few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom