• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Can you use Carbuncle glamour for Bahamut, or is it no work for that one? I'm not there yet, my SMN has only just reached lv61, I've been messing around with Red Mage.

eliza0224

Accidentally hit the power cord to my PS4 this morning while playing. Guess what awaited me when I logged in? Yep, 22gb download, again. This is the second time and it feels unbelievable. I may wait until the weekend to redownload this shit again and play some other games.
I feel your pain. They need to fix this soon.

MogCakes

Is DRG on a priority rotation now? I am having to juggle using gier vs jump amd lancet when they pop. I think I'm going to try hammering out a set rotation for myself, I don't like the idea of having to use them out of turn.

Aligning my ogcds to bfb has also been confusing since the old rotation got borked.

Im really starting to wish there was a way for SE to make our custom Warrior of Light a playable Dissida character.
Though im glad Y'shtola is in it at least.

Thorgal

That's accountwide.

ty

on another note :

ffxiv_27062017_155054eozcd.jpg

ffxiv_27062017_15523263aij.jpg

MADE IT MOM! TOP OF THE HOUSE !

IvorB

Just because they're a beast tribe doesn't mean they have to summon primals that's pretty fucking prejudiced of you and I expect better from a moderator.

The whole 'beast tribe' concept in this game is super racist. They have language, society, hopes and dreams but some how they are 'beast men' while the other races just are. In a cut scene yesterday Lyse complained that the empire called them "beast" when the scions and everyone else happily refers to more than half the races in the land that way.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Both extreme primals down! Now I can wait for Omega and join the "complaining about no content for midcore players" party.

kaioshade

just for shits and giggles, i hopped in trial roulette before work this morning, got Menagerie. Both tanks, white mage, and dragoon went “nope” and fucking left.

That shit is going to be nerfed. HARD. Guarantee the
big AOE that blows you off will be made smaller, less damage on attacks, tail destruction made to do more damage to Shienryu
and of course echo granted.

Thorgal

just for shits and giggles, i hopped in trial roulette before work this morning, got Menagerie. Both tanks, white mage, and dragoon went “nope” and fucking left.

big AOE that blows you off will be made smaller, less damage on attacks, tail destruction made to do more damage to Shienryu

just saying but Niddhog never got nerved .

Just did the lv67 dungeon.
DOMA CASTLE WAS FUCKING CRAZY FUN. NO IDEA WHAT THE MECHANICS ON THAT 2ND BOSS WAS BUT I WAS FLYING AROUND EVERYWHERE AND FUN. My favourite dungeon of the expansion so far. Finally, the jobber Garlean actually did something unique instead of just having Nero and Shield Man's weapons. Gesetsu was made to die, cool death though, will miss that jolly giant man.

I've just switched fully to Dark Knight now. DPS queues and Monk's changes in Stormblood have practically sealed the deal. I'll go back and get it to 70, but I'll probably use Red Mage as my DPS of choice.

Cmagus

Both extreme primals down! Now I can wait for Omega and join the "complaining about no content for midcore players" party.
I'm surprised at how basic and easy the new primals are. I did Lakshmi EX for the first time with a PF practice group and we had her down under 10% within a few tries and we would have cleared but someone left and it just ended up disbanding. I should be able to clear it tonight no problem. Even Susano is the most basic fight mechanically, even the original Titan fight was more difficult.

I'm surprised at how basic and easy the new primals are. I did Lakshmi EX for the first time with a PF practice group and we had her down under 10% within a few tries and we would have cleared but someone left and it just ended up disbanding. I should be able to clear it tonight no problem. Even Susano is the most basic fight mechanically, even the original Titan fight was more difficult.

Yeah Lakshmi EX is crazy forgiving. I was with a group that messed up a bunch and we still cleared it in three tries.

ebil

Healing (at least as AST) gets a bit more fun once you gain access to Minor Arcana, and I imagine it's even more active with Sleeve Draw (currently 69 so getting there!). And tanks variation in gear and and skill level is so wide at this point that how much you actually will have to be healing is always a surprise.

My SCH is still 62 though, and it's extremely boring so far compared to what it was.
You're the reason why I blow hallowed ground on trash, hey? :p hahahahahahahahah
You should blow Hallowed Ground on trash. There's no reason to save it.

IvorB

That shit is going to be nerfed. HARD.

You're scaring me now. I don't want to play nerfed final trial :-(. Guess I'm nearly there anyway.

Arkeband

Banned

Gear is going to trivialize it, but they'll definitely lower attack damage.

The knockoff AOE is super easy to avoid getting knocked off, just don't stand on the edge of the ring if you're gonna take it to the face.

k1t4j

Healing (at least as AST) gets a bit more fun once you gain access to Minor Arcana, and I imagine it's even more active with Sleeve Draw (currently 69 so getting there!). And tanks variation in gear and and skill level is so wide at this point that how much you actually will have to be healing is always a surprise.

My SCH is still 62 though, and it's extremely boring so far compared to what it was.

You should blow Hallowed Ground on trash. There's no reason to save it.

I have always tried to save it for the bosses, where I always use it to give the Healer more time to DPS, I'll try and remember this tip then and start using it when I can in trash pulls :)

gattsu

Have any of you utilized the callback campaign? My friend called me back on Saturday and still no email yet. I've been really itching to jump in and play but I don't want to screw him over by subbing before I get the callback email. I read somewhere that they go out on Tuesdays? But it's Tuesday and still no email...

I have always tried to save it for the bosses, where I always use it to give the Healer more time to DPS, I'll try and remember this tip then and start using it when I can in trash pulls :)
Dungeon bosses are the easiest to heal. I can throw a Regen and ignore you for the most part. On the other hand, Hallowed in a big pull means I can Holy through the entire duration.

kaioshade

Gear is going to trivialize it, but they'll definitely lower attack damage.

The knockoff AOE is super easy to avoid getting knocked off, just don't stand on the edge of the ring if you're gonna take it to the face.

You would be utterly surprised how many people dont do this. If i dont think ill make it, run inward a bit, aspected benefic myself to shield some damage, keep it moving.

You're scaring me now. I don't want to play nerfed final trial :-(. Guess I'm nearly there anyway.

Its really not THAT bad. It actually reminds me of Turn 5 and 9, where its just a lot of mechanics and some team coordination involved. If it is nerfed, i wouldnt expect it until next major patch. Just like Steps was.

Arkeband

Banned
Have any of you utilized the callback campaign? My friend called me back on Saturday and still no email yet. I've been really itching to jump in and play but I don't want to screw him over by subbing before I get the callback email. I read somewhere that they go out on Tuesdays? But it's Tuesday and still no email...

It's a pretty awful system, my friend ended up just buying Stormblood and resubbing instead of waiting for some unknown later date for Square Enix to join the 21st century.

gattsu

It's a pretty awful system, my friend ended up just buying Stormblood and resubbing instead of waiting for some unknown later date for Square Enix to join the 21st century.

Oooof. Gotcha. If I don't have it by the start of this long 4th of July weekend then I'll prob just resub.

studyguy

Tried going 270 Slaying ACC last night when fighting Susano.
Went ok. You lose like a ton of health lol, I had as much health as a MNK in my party.

Arkeband

Banned
Exactly. for a MSQ its actually pretty brutal. Thats why i used the turns as my example.

It's great though, very epic. We cleared it on our third attempt. It'll get nerfed but I hope it still remains somewhat difficult, if skip potion plebs can't clear it they can just wait for the 5.0 skip potion. ;)

iammeiam

Menagerie reminds me of Chrysalis in terms of surprisingly mechanics-y story trial. I can only hope they don't treat it like Chrysalis, though.

I JUST beat Turn 9 the other day.
It's pretty crazy how precise you have to be in the Meteor phase.

In my ongoing quest to two-man this thing we discovered stacking meteors only explode for 25k damage, which makes golems fun because you and your buddy stack up with the golem markers, drop the golem meteors on top of each other, and then one explodes. Party takes 25k damage, which is easily survivable at 70, and you only have to deal with two golems.

Fire/ice is still a problem because double ice still hits for like twice my HP but ONE DAY I will figure this out

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly. for a MSQ its actually pretty brutal. Thats why i used the turns as my example.

Well that's fair, and yeah relatively to other MSQ stuff it's tough, just when certain mechanics are screwed up in that fight you don't end up with giant golems instantly wiping everyone, ice debuffs instantly wiping everyone, and meteors too close together wiping everyone and started debates about spread vs the superior racecar method.

...You can probably survive all that now, rest in peace sweet prince(ss).

BlackJace

Menagerie reminds me of Chrysalis in terms of surprisingly mechanics-y story trial. I can only hope they don't treat it like Chrysalis, though.

In my ongoing quest to two-man this thing we discovered stacking meteors only explode for 25k damage, which makes golems fun because you and your buddy stack up with the golem markers, drop the golem meteors on top of each other, and then one explodes. Party takes 25k damage, which is easily survivable at 70, and you only have to deal with two golems.

Fire/ice is still a problem because double ice still hits for like twice my HP but ONE DAY I will figure this out

There's an interesting debate on whether the fight is so damn hard unsynced because it is expertly designed, or poorly designed.

A part of me feels like the meteor phase wasn't the most well thought out mechanic.

Top Bottom