• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

my guild wars 2 jumping skills are just too good

this is the furthest i got

RIP.

nOCDn59.jpg

I on the other hand have seen the top of the mountain. I took my screenshots, I got my sightseeing log, and I'm never doing it again.

LProtag

Still debating what new job I should play when I get home from vacation...

I'm DRG right now, so I'm DPS with some utility, but I hear it's kinda in a bad place? SAM is just pure DPS and RDM is DPS with utility and the closest thing to a hybrid job, correct (casting, little melee, little healing)? So technically RDM is closer to the role of DRG than SAM?

Why expert dungeons have such biq queues? Goddammit

I think Y'shtola had more character development in HW than Lyse in SB despite only being present a fraction of the time.

I wouldn't say that? Basically Y'sthola progression was "I was cool before, I'm even more cool now". Lyse was more about finding her own path, after living in the shadow of her sister. It was about selfdiscovery and was well done imo.

Why expert dungeons have such biq queues? Goddammit

I wouldn't say that? Basically Y'sthola progression was "I was cool before, I'm even more cool now". Lyse was more about finding her own path, after living in the shadow of her sister. It was about selfdiscovery and was well done imo.

Because they ruined the healer and tank meta on top of adding 2 new DPS jobs. A lot of people who play WHM, SCH, DRK, and WAR went to play DPS instead.

Funny after failing constantly in duty finder for SusEX, I joined up with three dps friends, with me as healer, who started a cross-world party finder and we knocked it out in three easy runs.

The first run only failed due to the MT getting nervous and forgetting to click the button when it was sword duel time.

...of course my weapon didn't drop but w/e. One ex down.

Apoptomon

Which is worth more, a Tramain /no or a Drama /no?

Tried the Kugane tower platforming thing with everyone else. Made it as far up as the diagonal beam above the round sign, then promptly fell off and couldn't get back up there :(
At least I made it onto the outside of the building, which is further than previous attempts (i.e. the very first step).

kromeo

For anyone struggling with getting to the top of the tower, try using ninja, there's one jump in particular near the top that's bs without it

I'm back , and weirdly enough i haven't started any of the new content yet and it's been 2 days .

i'm just doing old stuff and continuing to level my rogue to get to ninja.

What is wrong with me ?

I need to start th heavensward content ...but i'm reminded that this game has so many distractions .

Well at least i'm not going to run out of things to do any time soon.

Reknoc

Since we've got our tower brag on.

The first bit was really hard, but it got progressively easier until the tricky final corner. Dunno why people kept doing forward jumps though, a lot of it was made much quicker by facing the wall and strafe jumping.

Dunan

Just hit level 65, so I suppose I'm halfway through this story.

I have to admit, Heavensward was a little more exciting and rewarding somehow. Maybe it was two years of visiting the smaller towns of Coerthas and seeing capital city Ishgard there int he distance, wondering when we would finally visit, and then at long last entering those gates with that beautiful music -- crossing the river to eastern Gridanian forests that yielded to the spare Ala Mhigan landscape didn't have quite the same gravity, and the Far East, while fascinating so far, doesn't have quite the feel that Ishgard did.

I had been hoping to see a more human side of the Empire this time but instead the writers are just turning them into Satan's minions here, with them gleefully murdering innocent people, forcing innocent people to murder other innocents, alluding to sexual violence, and basically being totally evil with no redeeming features. What's even scarier is how they seem to be getting natives of the lands they conquer to be their most loyal servants --
Yotsuyu
is clearly Far Eastern and
Zenos yae Galvus
looks Ala Mhigan; he could be Lyse's brother with that facial structure and blond hair (and name that sounds like Greek for "foreigner"). I found this stuff much more disturbing than if Garleans were doing the beating, exploiting, and killing.

Kugane feels a little small compared to previous cities, but I like the Japanese sakoku (closed country) era feel that it has; Hancock could be a Dejima or Yokohama Legation merchant and I hope we get more of him (and that he doesn't betray the party or anything).

Any Mongolian speakers here on GAF? I was pleasantly surprised at all the understandable, meaningful personal names in Kugane, but I know maybe five words in Mongolian, total, and can't make anything out of these interesting nomadic people's names.

I've been raising both my BLM (for combat in the field) and SCH (very short queues). Wow, they really ruined these jobs. BLM can't heal anymore and SCH has lost several DoT spells. I hope interesting cross-class stuff is coming with the mid-60s abilities because they're just dull to play now. I don't want to add abilities from other DPS, or other healer jobs; that's boring; I want other mages with contrasting abilities.

And finally, this beautiful Azim Steppe music! I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this... but I really, really like this.

Heartfyre

Still debating what new job I should play when I get home from vacation...

I'm DRG right now, so I'm DPS with some utility, but I hear it's kinda in a bad place? SAM is just pure DPS and RDM is DPS with utility and the closest thing to a hybrid job, correct (casting, little melee, little healing)? So technically RDM is closer to the role of DRG than SAM?

Unless they make significant changes, DRG is dead. The raider DRGs I know have moved to SAM. Less utility than DRG, but more DPS is its own utility.

RK9039

Was soloing a Fate, got the boss to about 15% and the server died (error 1014). Now stuck in a queue, 502 players.

Fuck.

R0ckman

Just hit level 65, so I suppose I'm halfway through this story.

I have to admit, Heavensward was a little more exciting and rewarding somehow. Maybe it was two years of visiting the smaller towns of Coerthas and seeing capital city Ishgard there int he distance, wondering when we would finally visit, and then at long last entering those gates with that beautiful music -- crossing the river to eastern Gridanian forests that yielded to the spare Ala Mhigan landscape didn't have quite the same gravity, and the Far East, while fascinating so far, doesn't have quite the feel that Ishgard did.

I had been hoping to see a more human side of the Empire this time but instead the writers are just turning them into Satan's minions here, with them gleefully murdering innocent people, forcing innocent people to murder other innocents, alluding to sexual violence, and basically being totally evil with no redeeming features. What's even scarier is how they seem to be getting natives of the lands they conquer to be their most loyal servants --
Yotsuyu
is clearly Far Eastern and
Zenos yae Galvus
looks Ala Mhigan; he could be Lyse's brother with that facial structure and blond hair (and name that sounds like Greek for "foreigner"). I found this stuff much more disturbing than if Garleans were doing the beating, exploiting, and killing.

Kugane feels a little small compared to previous cities, but I like the Japanese sakoku (closed country) era feel that it has; Hancock could be a Dejima or Yokohama Legation merchant and I hope we get more of him (and that he doesn't betray the party or anything).

Any Mongolian speakers here on GAF? I was pleasantly surprised at all the understandable, meaningful personal names in Kugane, but I know maybe five words in Mongolian, total, and can't make anything out of these interesting nomadic people's names.

I've been raising both my BLM (for combat in the field) and SCH (very short queues). Wow, they really ruined these jobs. BLM can't heal anymore and SCH has lost several DoT spells. I hope interesting cross-class stuff is coming with the mid-60s abilities because they're just dull to play now. I don't want to add abilities from other DPS, or other healer jobs; that's boring; I want other mages with contrasting abilities.

And finally, this beautiful Azim Steppe music! I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't this... but I really, really like this.

You get a quick explanation on why the Garleans are insane. Its a bit sad actually. Several times I wondered were they trying to convince the other races that non-Garleans were lesser or themselves.

R0ckman

Where the heck are saltlakes for fishing? I was able to figure out the other weird ones in HW based on location but not this one.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I've been leveling NIN (and MNK) before doing Stormblood, as I'm fairly certain their quest lines will be referenced. Should I work on any other quest lines? I got really lucky being a DRG going into HW, it made Estinien showing up all the better.

There's one line that changes if you have a NIN, the dungeon thing mentioned for MNK, one line that changes if you're currently playing a healer, and another line that I assumed changes based on Binding Coil completion. That's it from what I saw- I didn't notice anything Samurai related and I didn't unlock Red Mage till after the story.

Baleoce

Trying to get through msq because I really want to level miner and botanist to 70 with flight xD

BTW, how do you take those supersampled pictures?

IvorB

MSQ done yesterday! Man, that final fight though. First time queuing in was such a sh*t show that got abandoned. Then second time was just this miraculous thing where everyone came together and just pulled it off first try (except me though, I was still dying everywhere). Anyway it's done now and pretty glad about that.

Overall I thought the story itself was pretty great. It definitely picked up for me from the Azim Steppe onwards. I'm sorry to say that even now, at the end, I don't give a sh*t about Ala Migho. Doma and that area are just way cooler. Also these Teflon Scions drag the story down. Even when it looks like they suffer some loss it's always
happily ever after in the end
. It robs the story of impact.

duckroll

In about 3 hours or so, me and Bebpo are going to run the second set of Alexander (Normal) raids. Would really appreciate it if we could get a full party from the FC to help! Need tanks and healers! First time bonus for all! :D

my guild wars 2 jumping skills are just too good

this is the furthest i got

I came really close to giving up but what a glorious feeling when I finally did it.

Also, fuck doing precision platforming in FFXIV with a controller. The slight input delay and camera made this a nightmare. Much easier on keyboard and mouse.

Zomba13

In about 3 hours or so, me and Bebpo are going to run the second set of Alexander (Normal) raids. Would really appreciate it if we could get a full party from the FC to help! Need tanks and healers! First time bonus for all! :D

I'd be up for it because I need them too. Well, I need the last one of the second set and all of the last set but I can help. I can tank.

Reknoc

I'll "help" again. can heal or DPS whatever.

MikeBison

There any good linkshells to join on Chaos data centre for the rare FATES? Ixion specifically. Pretty sure I'm never going to see it, let alone get the mount.

Nightz

So I've been doing the free trial on PS4 and would like to try the game on PC before deciding which platform to buy the game on. Is my only option to create another account or can I somehow move the trial account I'm using on the PS4 to the PC?

So I've been doing the free trial on PS4 and would like to try the game on PC before deciding which platform to buy the game on. Is my only option to create another account or can I somehow move the trial account I'm using on the PS4 to the PC?

I think you can just DL the PC installer and log in with your account. You need to buy the game/expansions for the platforms separately, but everything else about the account is tied together between platforms.

jiiikoo

Banned
So umm.. I just had to do a reset on my iPhone because it went haywire and just remembered I had the fucking Security Token installed. I had no fucking idea you needed an emergency password to get rid of it and didn't know it was shown on your account page of all places and now I can't log-in or make a ticket because you need the Security Token to do a ticket. God, I'm so fucking stupid.

yaffi

So I stumbled over one of these optional quests I think are quite dumb.

Some former garlean commander in hiding, in Ala Ghiri, wants me to persuade the Ala Migans there to not defend/hide him. But they actually like him since he did some good. So I run around finding out why they like him, that they would continue to hide him even if it's dangerous for them, etc.

Now he tells me I should spread lies about him, so they start hating him. Doesn't work. They still like him, for reasons. So one of the Ala Migans wants me to find someone important who could vouch for the Garlean, so he won't be executed by the Alliance.

I mean... I am the fucking Warrior of Light, Slayer of Gods, Rider of Dragons, Savior of Ishgard, (seemingly) Stealer of Pants!

Can't I just tell people to stfu and leave the guy alone, unless they want to get roasted by Flare?

GDI.

He doesn't get executed. Everything is a misunderstanding. Obviously.

"Farewell, my first friend. My enemy."
These are some unexpectedly powerful final words. Like, I want to know way more about Zenos now.

Also, beating the final boss with Melee LB is such a kick ass feeling.
Like, fuck all gods. I'M THE ONLY GOD NOW.

I thought Monk's animations were the best and couldn't be beat.

Then I played Ninja.

Then I got Dream within a Dream.

Yeah definitely my new favorite animation. I had read the tooltip back when HW was released but I guess I never paid attention to ninjas and didn't play mine, the other day I start my ninja, go into potd to setup skills, use it and I'm like "the fuck is this, that looks awesome". Even looks good when you use it while moving and stuff(unlike frog summoning which looks kinda dumb).

Got my Ninja to 70 but haven't played it yet, I'm on a mission to get both BLM and RDM to cap so I can desynth all those int gear I got over time. And eventually my paladin too been stuck at 66 for a few days leveling other stuff, and I want to level bard too after... lots of things.

Desynth was a bit rough to catch up but the new changes make it easy and as soon as I could desynth ghost barque gear it sky rocketted really fast since so much gear drops now and a lot of people don't even greed on it as a result. Quite often make it through the dungeon with like 3-4accessories and 1-2weaver pieces to desynth.

Trying to level my gathering stuff too but god was my gear shit, makes it really tough. I hit 61 from throwing money away by buying white items for GC daily turn ins so I upgraded my armor at least but the tools is another story, current plan is to get the blue ones from the achievement, with the new areas it looks easy enough to do, just need to hit a lot of timed nodes that I never used before cause I didn't care about gathering and all them stupid seeds which take a lot of resetting nodes until they spawn.

Dream Within a Dream is one of the best oGCDs in the game just because of the animation and having three separate hits pop up is nice.

The -30s to the CD in SB is great too.

Luigi87

Duty Roulette into Chrysalis with four new people, lol.
One tank immediately was all "let's vote abandon we'll be here for hours." he quit after two wipes (neither time did we make it to dimension. Second time only the tanks and myself survived and I revived the other healer, then we got everyone back up, but wiped at second ball phase).

Afterwards we got a much, much better tank who further explained points I wasn't able to (such as when to LB) and breezed through it... feels nice sticking around helping people get through MSQ. I can't imagine the difficulty this trial must have been during the 2.X days.

I think with WAR they should have just left it at 3 new abilities like Ninja.

Shake it Off has no reason to exist. It adds nothing to the job, doesn't reinforce its identity or anything really.

Playing Paladin and Dark Knight I've never thought that I needed a self cleanse. Both jobs would have been worse off if one of their new abilities was replaced with Shake it Off.

Don't know how someone actually thought that was a good ability to add.

Arkeband

Banned
Duty Roulette into Chrysalis with four new people, lol.
One tank immediately was all "let's vote abandon we'll be here for hours." he quit after two wipes (neither time did we make it to dimension. Second time only the tanks and myself survived and I revived the other healer, then we got everyone back up, but wiped at second ball phase).

Afterwards we got a much, much better tank who further explained points I wasn't able to (such as when to LB) and breezed through it... feels nice sticking around helping people get through MSQ. I can't imagine the difficulty this trial must have been during the 2.X days.

It was never that hard and it's faceroll easy now. There are like two mechanics, alternate orbs and DPS LB3 the tear.

Bonus mechanic is to run at the wall and pop CD's before you get sucked in to avoid the DOT and get 2 minute buffs, but the average player is far too stupid to grasp this concept and the tear dies too fast to matter.

The only thing that killed groups was the double/triplecast killing bad tanks with bad healers but even then you could usually still survive it.

duckroll

It was never that hard and it's faceroll easy now. There are like two mechanics, alternate orbs and DPS LB3 the tear.

Bonus mechanic is to run at the wall and pop CD's before you get sucked in to avoid the DOT and get 2 minute buffs, but the average player is far too stupid to grasp this concept and the tear dies too fast to matter.

The last time I routetted into it, I LB3'd the boss just before the tear phase. The party was not amused.

So umm.. I just had to do a reset on my iPhone because it went haywire and just remembered I had the fucking Security Token installed. I had no fucking idea you needed an emergency password to get rid of it and didn't know it was shown on your account page of all places and now I can't log-in or make a ticket because you need the Security Token to do a ticket. God, I'm so fucking stupid.

They aren't open to help this weekend, but they'll be able to remove the token on Monday. Just follow the directions and you'll get to phone or chat support.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/f...q&pv=10&page=0&c=0&sc=0&so=4&q=security+token

Luigi87

The only thing that killed groups was the double/triplecast killing bad tanks with bad healers but even then you could usually still survive it.

Makes sense. Yeah the first wipe is nobody (myself included) mentioned alternating orbs. I did so the second go, but things still didn't work out. Come the third attempt (with the new tanks), things went buttery smooth, with only one person needing a res at any point.

The last time I routetted into it, I LB3'd the boss just before the tear phase. The party was not amused.

DRG self-fulling prophecy.

Edit: Oh I forgot, if there was one thing I wish SCH had, it's that I wish Excogitation would have been added to Deployment Tactics.

Also I realize I'm lv.67, still in Rhalgr's, but I should probably do my Job quests <_<

duckroll

Also I realize I'm lv.67, still in Rhalgr's, but I should probably do my Job quests <_<

There's no rush. They kinda ruined the way job quests used to work. As long as you do them all for the exp gain before you hit 70, you're good. There are no job quest rewards other than exp and money, until the lvl70 one. Then you get a ton of shit at once.

Top Bottom