• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Do we still have to get a secondary class to level 15 in order to do level 30 job quests since they replaced cross-class skills with roles or have they gotten rid of that requirement now?

studyguy

DDq5peqXoAEFdNZ.png

Trying to get that 2line sticker atm god damnit

Man, I honestly wanted to make some money on Wind Up Khloe, but only one guy really got paid (8 mil). Her price plummeted so fast I just ended up adding her to my collection and not bothering.

CLBridges

Cleared Emanation ex with the first learning group I joined. Took 4-5 pulls but we downed it. Now, on to Pool ex and try to get a weapon for Bard before Omega next week.

Samus4145

Gah. Took my old PS4 with me on vacation for the weekend. Figured with the external drive I will be okay. After having to reset my password because Square thinks my account was compromised, it's redownloading 20gigs. WHY? It's already on the external, so dumb.

Finally got a Pro today. Can anybody who owns one tell me how good the game looks on a 4k tv? I can't check right now cuz of this data transfer process.

Would you guys add me please?

Sammy Samusu

Trying to make this game feel less lonely.

It got a little better after reaching level 15. I loved the DPS archer quests. Too bad I can't put any of that to use in the real game. 💀

Edzi

Would you guys add me please?

Sammy Samusu

Trying to make this game feel less lonely.

It got a little better after reaching level 15. I loved the DPS archer quests. Too bad I can't put any of that to use in the real game. 💀

Join the GAF free company if you're on Ultros. If you're not on Ultros, try to find another good FC since that's basically the best way to have a constant stream of people to talk to and do content with.

Well, I decided to second with DRK. Problem is I don't know the best way to level since potd likes to kick me with 90002 errors all day and pvp did the same a few times.

I don't wanna queue all day in old duties. :(

ebil

DRK became more fun when I unlocked Bloodspiller but man, I can't wait to get out of these leveling dungeons. I've seen a lot of dumb stuff tanking in Legion last year but they're trying very hard to top even that. I want that Blackest Night. :<

Loved that WHM I got from a world prog FC who pulled all of the level 67 dungeon then proceeded to wipe us because shit was sending so many missiles at them that they couldn't even get a cast off. And that was an in-progress dungeon.

Well, I decided to second with DRK. Problem is I don't know the best way to level since potd likes to kick me with 90002 errors all day and pvp did the same a few times.

I don't wanna queue all day in old duties. :(
Why? Heavensward dungeons give pretty good xp if you can get an instant queue (which will happen considering you're leveling a tank).

Qvoth

slept at 2.30 am last night... finally finished msq
holy crap royal menagerie is NUTS
hardest msq fight by FAR, and i've played since the beta of ARR

overall i think SB story is better than HW, pacing is also better
unfortunately i got spoiled so i knew beforehand most of the story twists and reveals
lyse
leaving the scions was kinda obvious though
i think i'm finally going to admit that papalymo is realy dead, i seriously thought he's still alive until the credits scene showing him and lyse with the ala mhigo flag

Alex

DRK became more fun when I unlocked Bloodspiller but man, I can't wait to get out of these leveling dungeons. I've seen a lot of dumb stuff tanking in Legion last year but they're trying very hard to top even that. I want that Blackest Night. :<

Loved that WHM I got from a world prog FC who pulled all of the level 67 dungeon then proceeded to wipe us because shit was sending so many missiles at them that they couldn't even get a cast off. And that was an in-progress dungeon.

Why? Heavensward dungeons give pretty good xp if you can get an instant queue (which will happen considering you're leveling a tank).

I'll do anything to avoid level sync, personally.

I can tolerate old dungeons its the level sync and removal of all of my fun abilities that gets to me.

ebil

I can tolerate old dungeons its the level sync and removal of all of my fun abilities that gets to me.
The person I answered to is obviously not going to be level synced in 3.0 dungeons if they're in the process of leveling a DRK and their other option is PoTD.

While it's true that you get all your fun buttons in PoTD (arguably DRK doesn't have that many at 60 anymore), you barely get to use them.

I don't like being synced either. Only RDM is okay and that's because it's completely OP when synced down.

B.K.

Got to Susano's enrage twice with the last group I did it with. They used a DD LB3 the last time and we wiped around 14%.

Just got in the GAF guild today, this game is tons more fun with conversations during these dumb quests! My character's Alys Brandewyn :)

I can't get to the HW duties yet because DRK starts at 30. That's the rub because I liked using The Vault for my leveling near the ending of the HW stuff at 60.

Squishy3

slept at 2.30 am last night... finally finished msq
holy crap royal menagerie is NUTS
hardest msq fight by FAR, and i've played since the beta of ARR

overall i think SB story is better than HW, pacing is also better
unfortunately i got spoiled so i knew beforehand most of the story twists and reveals
lyse
leaving the scions was kinda obvious though
i think i'm finally going to admit that papalymo is realy dead, i seriously thought he's still alive until the credits scene showing him and lyse with the ala mhigo flag
That was Yda standing next to Papalymo, not Lyse.

Yeah my SAM is ridiculously gimped in the early ARR dungeons. I've switched over from doing Roulette Leveling to the Main Story Roulette since they give the same xp but the latter gives poetics instead of GC currency. It always does the final ARR dungeon for me though but at least that's a quick run through since you can skip so many enemies.

ebil

I can't get to the HW duties yet because DRK starts at 30. That's the rub because I liked using The Vault for my leveling near the ending of the HW stuff at 60.
Yeah, for some reason I forgot that it started at 30. Still, dungeons should be pretty good for XP as a tank if you can't enter PvP or PoTD. I mean, you're running out of options anyway.

Can this be brute forced with ilevel or do you need a group that is good at maximizing their DPS?
We beat it a good 30s before enrage with a 1800 (which was low for level 60 standards) DPS Dragoon, another mediocre DPS, a fresh 70 PLD and a healer who didn't nuke at all. There's no serious DPS check there.

Qvoth

so i'm i291, what's the fastest way to raise my ilvl to 300? can't enter the ex primals yet
ex dr and verity gear as usual?

Gattsu25

Banned
Titan Extreme.

Golly goodness this shit requires precision.

I can't even say that it's hard, it just requires that EVERYONE doesn't fuckup. Pretty fun fight.

wamberz1

I know it's stupid but I've found my tankxiety has gotten a lot worse over the release of stormblood.

Especially with Lakshmi and this stupid mechanic that will get the whole party killed if I'm not careful.

But at the same time If I try DPS, those queues man....

Anxiety fucking sucks.

Join the GAF free company if you're on Ultros. If you're not on Ultros, try to find another good FC since that's basically the best way to have a constant stream of people to talk to and do content with.
Cool will do that tomorrow.

I just got access to the airship.

iammeiam

I know it's stupid but I've found my tankxiety has gotten a lot worse over the release of stormblood.

Especially with Lakshmi and this stupid mechanic that will get the whole party killed if I'm not careful.

Anxiety fucking sucks.

The OT marker/cleave thing? just call dibs on one side for the marker, and occasionally provoke + shirk the MT during tank buster casts to cement second threat; beyond that can just ignore it and blame anybody dumb enough to walk into your designated death zone.

I dunno, for the most part as long as the tank is trying to push cool downs and not eat everything raw, I'm happy.

Luigi87

Finally made it to the top of Kugane Tower! Took nearly two hours.

When I started I only saw Miyara and Apollo... An hour later, GAF everywhere, lol

wamberz1

The OT marker/cleave thing? just call dibs on one side for the marker, and occasionally provoke + shirk the MT during tank buster casts to cement second threat; beyond that can just ignore it and blame anybody dumb enough to walk into your designated death zone.

I dunno, for the most part as long as the tank is trying to push cool downs and not eat everything raw, I'm happy.
Yeah I've been doing all that... I haven't actually been running into much issues with the mechanic, and have been pulling it off fine for the most part, it's just this little devil on my shoulder going "Hey, remember, if you die for whatever reason and she casts it on the party then EVERYONE DIES(if shes in chanchalla)"

Anxiety fucking sucks.

If queues for DPS weren't shit all the time I would drop tank jobs entirely.

Top Bottom