• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Late night is when all the bad tanks come out to play it seems, queues are a lot better as DPS for dungeons but it's like a lot of ppl lvling tanks as alts or whatever and having no clue.

Today alone I got twice the paladin who forgot how to flash and now only use the spinning sword thing, so you can't aoe anything without pulling aggro yet he pulls multiple camps because sword aoe yay. Then I got the Dark Knight who doesn't use Darkside, full mp all run, can't hold aggro for shit, when you have to take Lucid Dreaming on a BLM zzz. And then the guy who knew how to play but is a slave to the meta, 24k hp in Shisui(my BLM had 23k) because "strength accs are bis", but he has i260 gear with no melds anywhere including no vit on accs. Did about 200more DPS than a normal vit acc tank, but the healer couldn't DPS at all because he always had to be topped off or die, also couldn't pull more than one group at a time since he didn't have the health even though we had RDM/BLM for aoe goodness, so it was slow as shit anyway.

Only one run inbetween with a solid tank.

Oh well we got every run cleared at least so it wasn't terrible, just pretty annoying.

Just got the glitch again where I have to do First Time Setup. This is the 3rd time since EA I've had to. This is getting ridiculous. What's causing it?

Also, 5mbps download. Gotta love these servers.

Ken

0jnh1N1.png

HAAAAAAAAAAA

but then

Dresden

Tried Lakshimi Ex tonight--kept hitting enrages. At least I have all the mechanics down I guess. I don't even know what the expected/acceptable tank dps is here--2k? I can clear the SSS dummies with plenty of time left at least. I don't even know.

I should've just studied the blade.

Etroveria

Neo Member
Tried Lakshimi Ex tonight--kept hitting enrages. At least I have all the mechanics down I guess. I don't even know what the expected/acceptable tank dps is here--2k? I can clear the SSS dummies with plenty of time left at least. I don't even know.

Our tanks only did 1.4k and 1.7k dps respectively when we cleared so it should be on your dps :O

Why are people such trolls in this game? I just had the rare opportunity to see Ixion... it was early pulled by some arrogant tank and it killed like half my party so I ended up with a silver rating cause everyone almost crashed. I saw a ton of D/C symbols and we couldn't do enough damage to it. I get it... first come first served but jesus christ they could have waited for the ton of people arriving before pulling it. Ah well, I'm sure i'll see it again.

B.K.

Made it to Susano's enrage four times with the group that I just got out of. The last run, it enraged at 14%. I think I can find it if I can find a group with enough DPS. I'm sure part of it is my fault. I don't like leaving Shield Oath. I always have trouble getting back in tank stance before the tankbuster hits and we have to do the swap.

Rua

Tried out the Extreme primals as a tank. (Already had them on farm on my NIN.)

Hate tanking Lakshmi, (OT anyways, I play DRK and the other tank is usually always a PLD..) found it really annoying.
Love tanking Susano since I actually get to tank swap and move around for mechanics instead of always being stuck doing the same boring dps rotation.

Why are people such trolls in this game? I just had the rare opportunity to see Ixion... it was early pulled by some arrogant tank and it killed like half my party so I ended up with a silver rating cause everyone almost crashed. I saw a ton of D/C symbols and we couldn't do enough damage to it. I get it... first come first served but jesus christ they could have waited for the ton of people arriving before pulling it. Ah well, I'm sure i'll see it again.

If you saw DC symbols already then more people arriving would've just crashed the instance. I'm on a small server here so when ixion spawns and the whole server goes there, everyone has DC symbols first then the instance crashes and no one gets anything. It's gotten better lately as more people have the mount already and don't come to it anymore.

kromeo

The pirate guy who you first pay to cross the ruby sea has a really familiar voice

edit - looked him up and maybe not. I see that Pippin voice actor was Shulk, didn't pick up on that one

Finally got my paladin to 70. I can now spam passage of arms in town areas and annoy people. I really hope they don't tone down the flashiness of it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How I wish for MRC class where you can just sell things all day Recettear style.

kagamin

Had a few FC mates run it blind with me and some randos from PF. We beat it on the 5th try and right at enrage timer, like a second later and we would've been dead, needless to say we all had a good laugh about not even having to reset the instance a single time.

Dresden

Hopped into a Susano Ex clear party. First pull results in a 2% or so enrage, with several deaths happening en route. Just gotta clean it up and get shit done. OK!

~two hours later~

---

THE OBVIOUS: I can't see this being hard at all in voice chat. Like every wipe is because someone zones out and messes up a mechanic, and just being able to call it out as it happens--hey you, move--would help a ton.

WHAT SURPRISED ME: I'll note that I haven't seen any assholes in parties so far. Everyone's been remarkably civil/chill despite the obvious mounting frustration. When it's time to end it we just thank each other and move on.

???: I guess maybe it's time to try to find a raid group, or whatever they call it here. But I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around or just play through the first release of Omega and fuck off until the next xpac, so yeah.

Also I find hitting Reprisal just as Ukehi finishes casting oddly satisfying.

MikeBison

Lakshmi (normal) down on first try with DF. That was pretty easy but a cool fight. Still prefer Susano though.

Look forward to the EX versions. I like the duty actions, they're a cool mechanic.

I'm not sure if you guys have ever played Tibia but that was my first and only MMO ever so my expectations were based on my experience with that game.

What I was expecting from FFXIV:

- A busy chat window with people talking shit, teaming up, going on quests together, selling and trading stuff, etc
- Lots of places to explore right away like dungeons and caves
- Places you are not supposed to be at early levels, but that you could traverse with the help of other players
- A difficult game

I found none of that.

The only positive thing I can say about FFXIV is that it works really well on PS4.

It was a big tree. Don't remember its name.

Well, if you want a 15 year old MMO game, you certianly won't find it here. Good news is FFXI is still up!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
They still haven't fixed the PS4 dialog window size issue? Jesus Christ.

They can't fix that without a patch, the only patch that's come out since Stormblood hit has been the hotfix patch, and they put out a statement explaining why they weren't able to fix the PS4 UI issue in the hotfix patch and what they're doing to fix it.

I'm fairly certain the fix will be coming with 4.01 on the 3rd.

Are you going MT or OT? I dunno about what is expected but if you're putting out 2k then thats pretty good

Well, if you want a 15 year old MMO game, you certianly won't find it here. Good news is FFXI is still up!

To be fair, from what I heard at least some of that (specifically exploration) is fulfilled by ESO.

I do agree FF14 could use more exploration. Like, just non quest related open world stuff to do or see..

Blitzhex

The duty roulette reward for jobs in need (tanks) is not big enough.
I have a 19 min queue as a healer in expert roulette right now.
They should be giving out one guaranteed materia 6 as reward at least.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Waking up to find the Paisa Mansion wall I bought in order to move gil to Ultros finally sold.

NlpdvGP.gif

No clue what made me buy it instead of a mog wall, but I'm glad it finally sold. And now to poor one out for the poor, rich bastard that thinks that Paisa mansion is anything but fugly.

FFXI locked off a lot of content behind story progression too.

ebil

cleared both ex primals today
AU7Amsc.gif

i think royal menagerie is harder
wtzgU.gif
Only because people do this blind and because it's mandatory so everyone has to run it at some point with whatever DF gives you, in entry level gear no less. I mean, it's been 4-manned already so it's in no way objectively harder.

Ahhhhh I saw someone from GAF and sent a FC request. Waiting for you guys to accept me.

And I have two questions.

1. What are minions for? I just got the airship minion.

2. I have 10k gil. Should I be spending it somewhere? (I'm a level 20 archer)

Ahhhhh I saw someone from GAF and sent a FC request. Waiting for you guys to accept me.

1 - Cosmetic pets and they can be used in the Verminion minigame

No one likes Verminion

2 - Nah, don't worry about money for now, save it for teleporting around since you'll get most of your leveling gear through the main story and dungeons.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

1. Minions are just a pet that follows you around. They server no practical purpose (except bragging if it's a rare one).

2. Save your money. Get gear from quests.

Minions are just typical mmo stuff, they follow you around, there's a large amount to collect if you're into this. They're also used in the Vermillion battle thing which is some sort of minigame in the Golden Saucer where you use your minions to do battle.

Don't spend money early game unless your weapon is crap(but you should be getting some upgrades every now and then). Crap being further than 10levels from your level(or well 10levels from whatever you're fighting in case you outlvl the MSQ).

Ruff

Oh man, I just found out that your chocobo can fight with you. This is amazing. I have my own little army now as a summoner :D

Armaros

Oh man, I just found out that your chocobo can fight with you. This is amazing. I have my own little army now as a summoner :D

Level your chocolate healing skills, then it can play medic for you in fates and just over world leveling.

Hagi

Man just went to the golden saucer for the first time, such a cool place. Is there an easy way to farm the currency? I had no idea you get armour from Garo, really want the white armour for my lancer.

Robin64

Man just went to the golden saucer for the first time, such a cool place. Is there an easy way to farm the currency? I had no idea you get armour from Garo, really want the white armour for my lancer.

You can get the Garo armour from PvP, too, and it's probably quicker there. Just spam Shatter til you have enough, you'll get it in no time compared to the Golden Saucer method.

Zakalwe

Banned
Browsing Ebay UK and I noticed a dude is selling EU Online Complete codes for ps4 for 24.99. Has 100% positive feedback. Obviously a risk though, so up to you....

Hagi

You can get the Garo armour from PvP, too, and it's probably quicker there. Just spam Shatter til you have enough, you'll get it in no time compared to the Golden Saucer method.

Oh sweet I'm only level 27 right now but I'll definitely look into it.

Chille

For that it is faster and easier just to farm the PvP garo set if you do your dailies and the pvp challenge log it won't take long.

Top Bottom