• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

So I was in Mor Dhona doing the SMN 60 quest (and died, poison + no titan = me dead) and I go to warp back in but as soon as I load into Revenant's Toll I get a Direct X error and now loading up I also get it. Is this the same as people are getting post Susano-o?

1Zmjbz6.png

4DGtPPZ.png

I've been getting these errors constantly! Did you ever figure out a fix, or did it only happen to you that one time?

Oh sweet I'm only level 27 right now but I'll definitely look into it.
Not only is it easier but the sets from PvP are dyable as well. The gear in the Gold Saucer was only added for the people who absolutely will not even try PvP.

edit: but you have to be 50 to even use vanity gear so yeah, don't worry about it yet.

Zomba13

I've been getting these errors constantly! Did you ever figure out a fix, or did it only happen to you that one time?

Only happened that one time. Though has sometimes popped up when I just click the x on the window (which, I was quitting anyway so I don't care).

To fix the instance of it not letting me back in I switched to dx9 and it let me in no problems then I went back to dx11 the next time I logged in.

Jeels

Finally cleared the Kugana tower sightseeing entry. ;_; it felt so good to get up there. Took me like half a week.

Anyone else on PS4 have a problem with the sound in XIV often crackling, popping, etc?
Redid all my wires and its still happening, even using headphones.

Nothing else on my PS4 seems to do it like XIV does.

Caronte

Do you have priority in the queue when you start paying the subscription? Doing the free trial right now. I've been waiting for 40 minutes now and I'm still not in. I even chose one of the recommended servers in Europe.

Wilsongt

The moment where you;re probably going to have to level up WAR/SCH in order to actually be able to grind tomes properly because your FC is already done tome grinding and you're a DPS who has to sit in 30+ minute queues.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Grind PVP/POTD.

I actually don't need a lot of Verity at this point, I don't even do roulettes on my 70s.

Haly

I had enough PotD, for a while, leveling SAM and PvP, while improved, stll sucks.

Also, I can't manage to even win a single FL, is like the fucking matchmaking always tosses me to the loser team.

You don't need to win to get Verity. I'm not even sure if winning give you bonus verity.

Haly

I on Maelstrom, I know i'm not going to win.

No one wins except Adder.

Is anyone able to explain a proper RDM rotation for me? Every time I search I get these confusing-ass flow charts hahaha send halp X_X

Haly

Is anyone able to explain a proper RDM rotation for me? Every time I search I get these confusing-ass flow charts hahaha send halp X_X

http://ffxivrotations.com/rg6

Textually:
Manafication on 40/40, ideally before 50/50
Embolden after Riposte
Verstone/fire over Impact
Impact over Jolt
Acceleration, Fleche, Contre, Corps a Corps and Displacement on cooldown
Keep mana bars within 30 points of each other
Verholy/flare based on what's lowest to get the 100% proc

Because it's a flowchart based class. You use skills based on how much mana you have right now and what procs you have. Due to RNG of procs, there isn't an exact prebaked order of skills or a way to exactly predict how much of each mana you will have at any point. Only way to play RDM is to understand that flowchart.

It's actually the easiest DPS class to play right now, so don't get fooled into thinking that flowchart is hard. You are probablly missing some simple basic, and when you understand it, rest will come together like lego pieces.

Because it's a flowchart based class. You use skills based on how much mana you have right now and what procs you have. Due to RNG of procs, there isn't an exact prebaked order of skills or a way to exactly predict how much of each mana you will have at any point. Only way to play RDM is to understand that flowchart.

It's actually the easiest DPS class to play right now, so don't get fooled into thinking that flowchart is hard. You are probablly missing some simple basic, and when you understand it, rest will come together like lego pieces.

Yep, this guide from Reddit helped me out a lot with understanding the class

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Q_Ogtu-IfXOFd1QXJrNzYwN00/view

Basic rotation is just spark -> dualcast verthunder to build up black mana or veraera to build up white mana -> Spark/Verfire/Verstone depending on if you got a proc -> dualcast verthunder or veraero to build up the opposite mana you received before

repeat until both bars are at 80+, then do the corps-a-corps -> enchanted riposte -> enchanted zerchhau -> enchanted dedoublement -> displacement -> cast spark and start rebuilding mana pool

I'm only 50 so that's basically my entire routine, the 50-70 skills are basically buffs/things to skip to melee phase earlier, etc. But that building up mana -> switching to melee -> building up mana is the core loop of the class

Armaros

Yep, this guide from Reddit helped me out a lot with understanding the class

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Q_Ogtu-IfXOFd1QXJrNzYwN00/view

Basic rotation is just spark -> dualcast verthunder to build up black mana or veraera to build up white mana -> Spark/Verfire/Verstone depending on if you got a proc -> dualcast verthunder or veraero to build up the opposite mana you received before

repeat until both bars are at 80+, then do the corps-a-corps -> enchanted riposte -> enchanted zerchhau -> enchanted dedoublement -> displacement -> cast spark and start rebuilding mana pool

I'm only 50 so that's basically my entire routine, the 50-70 skills are basically buffs/things to skip to melee phase earlier, etc. But that building up mana -> switching to melee -> building up mana is the core loop of the class

The only real changes in 60-70 is the addition of impact and the two spell finishers. It's sort of awkward when you get your first finisher and not the second which makes you favor one mana over the other. But it's short lived.

Edit: oh and you get Rez.

CLBridges

I've been casually playing pvp and having fun with it. I went from wanting to gain wolf marks but dreading pvp to now having to spend them before I cap again. Stormblood has really put pvp in a good place for me. Got the Ginga mount, now I'm gonna try to get the others before/if garo event ends.

Vic_Viper

What are the best ways to get gear currently for SAM under level 60? Anything other than doing HW MSQs?

Did they add SAM swords to the loot options for the HW MSQs?

Luminaire

I on Maelstrom, I know i'm not going to win.

No one wins except Adder.
I have no idea how Adders manage to win so much. People are grouped up at big ice before it even pops. We had someone on our team tell us to go north because a big ice would pop in 45 secs. Not sure if that means anything shady but he was right.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea how Adders manage to win so much. People are grouped up at big ice before it even pops. We had someone on our team tell us to go north because a big ice would pop in 45 secs. Not sure if that means anything shady but he was right.

There's set patterns- you can guess from the first spawn how the rest of the match is going to go. Though I can never remember them.

Lucael

Sadly I had to quit the game in last November after completing AS3, when me and my static friends decided we had enough since we were playing from day 1.

Heavensward was great and the final boss revelation was one of the gratest game moments of the last years. Maybe I'll play this someday, but what's your opinion about the main quest of Stormblood compared to HW?

Squishy3

Okay, now I'm even more mad about being able to lose eyes as a Dragoon. Summoners can't lose Aethertrail Attunements anymore even though they don't need to wait 150 seconds to build up Dreadwyrm?

This is some grade-A bullshit.

What are the best ways to get gear currently for SAM under level 60? Anything other than doing HW MSQs?

Did they add SAM swords to the loot options for the HW MSQs?
All leveling dungeons post 50 (Dusk Vigil onwards) guarantees a gear drop you don't already have at the end.

royox

There's no rotation as you depend on procs and priority.

The rotation is Jolt >Verthunder/Veraero

Then you have to sustitute Jolt using this priority list:

verfire/verstone > impact > Jolt

Never, ever, cast Verthunder or Veraero the long way unless it's the opener attack just to proc a Ready.

Vic_Viper

All leveling dungeons post 50 (Dusk Vigil onwards) guarantees a gear drop you don't already have at the end.

Ok Awesome, thanks!

Still trucking through HW, so I haven't unlocked any dungeons yet. I think I'm about to get the first one though in the MSQ. Just got to this tower with a bunch of sleeping Dragons.

I need to focus on finishing the pre SB MSQs but I keep getting distracted lol. I've got like 50-60 quests left to do too which is kinda daunting.

Are the Poetics currency good for anything other than buying the level 50 gear in Mor Dhona?

Squishy3

Ok Awesome, thanks!

Still trucking through HW, so I haven't unlocked any dungeons yet. I think I'm about to get the first one though in the MSQ. Just got to this tower with a bunch of sleeping Dragons.

I need to focus on finishing the pre SB MSQs but I keep getting distracted lol. I've got like 50-60 quests left to do too which is kinda daunting.

Are the Poetics currency good for anything other than buying the level 50 gear in Mor Dhona?
They buy the level 60 tomestone gear as well when you get to that point. You should be doing + quests you see out in the HW zones, one in Coerthas leads to a level 61 dungeon and they also unlock aether currents which you need to unlock flying.

wow. Teledji is [Chap 2.55 spoilers!]
one fucked up Taru. Killing the Sultana, and getting the crimson blade on his team. Great villain I'm just about to start Heavensword obviously so no spoilers please :(. These 2.55 cutscenes are great!

Cmagus

I seen some ppl have a bar on the side showing total damaage out for the instance.how can I get that?

Most people use Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) you can get it here Advanced Combat Tracker

This video is good for getting it all setup
Xeno's Setting up ACT with FFXIV

This one is good if you wanna use Rainbowmages custom layout which is nice and clean
Setting up RainbowMage ACT Overlay

Not too hard to setup, I redid mine about a few nights ago. Remember parsers are "against" the rules but fine if you keep it to yourself so don't go around giving people slack based on their numbers or talk about it openly unless it's with friends or raid group lol.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is there a reason why Darkside hasn't been converted to a trait? It doesn't fall off when OOM anymore and there's no reason to turn it off once it's on. =\

iammeiam

Is there a reason why Darkside hasn't been converted to a trait? It doesn't fall off when OOM anymore and there's no reason to turn it off once it's on. =\

Because it also prevents passive mana regen and Refresh/Manasong from regenerating MP. Toggle it off during a boss jump or something to get the benefits of MP song.

Vic_Viper

They buy the level 60 tomestone gear as well when you get to that point. You should be doing + quests you see out in the HW zones, one in Coerthas leads to a level 61 dungeon and they also unlock aether currents which you need to unlock flying.

Ok thanks.

I've been grabbing all the Aether Current side quests. Need to find the Dungeon ones too though, forgot they were part of side quests.

Haly

The Oath/Blood/Beast gauges really need to work like the Kenki Gauge, instead of being being a glorified 2 charge system.

I mean if they're going to effectively be charges they might as well be charges.

2 Charges of Shelltron. Doing Holy Spirit in Shield or auto attacking in Sword immediately knocks off 1-2 seconds off of Shelltron's CD.

Clunker

Ok Awesome, thanks!

Yes, when you get to Idyllshire in the HW story toward the end, go to Rowena's and find the gear vendors to trade Poetics for i230 and i260 gear and weapons. If you have the ironworks gear already from Mor Dhona, save up for the lv60 gear.

And hot tip, since I just did this recently: make sure you buy the i260 gear instead of the i230 stuff if you can afford. I got to Idyllshire and was so excited I bought a whole set of i230 without realizing the better stuff was in a different menu. :p

Weapons require a little gear exchange; you'll need to buy key items with Poetics and then exchange those items for the Shire weapons.

Top Bottom