• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Edzi

Is there any reason to keep Low Blow as a WAR? I don't find myself using it much anymore and was considering replacing it.

studyguy

Nothing wrong with catgirls.

GUESS AGAIN
tumblr_otaccd8QYD1w2r4kno1_400.png

I feel I must be like the only Elezen in the thread.

Is there any reason to keep Low Blow as a WAR? I don't find myself using it much anymore and was considering replacing it.

Honestly....no.

lol

I mean, in some particular instances on leveling dungeons can be useful, but if something needs to be stunned, DPS can do it too...so.

iammeiam

Potato superiority, etc.

I'm a highlander.
You're all lesser beings tbh.

I have seen the female highlander victory dance when it succeeds in melding something; this is not a race with a lot to feel superior about. That entire race is like your embarrassing mom trying super hard to be cool in front of your friends when you just want her to leave already GOSH.

I have seen the female highlander victory dance when it succeeds in melding something; this is not a race with a lot to feel superior about. That entire race is like your embarrassing mom trying super hard to be cool in front of your friends when you just want her to leave already GOSH.
At least its not as bad as Elezen dances

Wildwood? More like Wildwooden amirite

Estellex

I have been playing WoW and I have been interested in FF XIV lately due to one of my friends playing it.

How is the gear grinding in this game? WoW's late game content is pretty much gear grinding.

This is graphically more intensive than WoW and while my laptop can run WoW I am not sure if it can run FF XIV. My laptop is using an intel hd 5500 GPU.

studyguy

How is the gear grinding in this game? WoW's late game content is pretty much gear grinding.

It's Tony Hawk.
Non-raiding players can pretty much experience the entire story without issue and do just as much. The only question is really if you want to do the harder raids at all. We had someone new join us in our LS recently, through the lens of his experience, there's a metric fuckton of content now that you forget when sitting at the top.

Also that GPU reqs went up in Stormsblood.
Minimum now is:

Intel® Core™i5 2.4GHz or higher

NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX750 or higher
AMD Radeon™ R7 260X or higher

mike6467

I got my Lancer up to level 25 with the intent of going through and actually appreciating the content. It's definitely intimidating knowing how far I have to go to even get to HW though.

The story is worth seeing...right? I have a friend who's playing SB now (she's not quitting anytime soon, it's one of the few games she plays). I'd like to play with her, but paying for the levels/story skip seems like it would really damper my experience. Especially since I keep hearing that this game has the best story in any FF for some time.

Berordn

im a dwagon

I also have no glamour yet :(

I got my Lancer up to level 25 with the intent of going through and actually appreciating the content. It's definitely intimidating knowing how far I have to go to even get to HW though.

The story is worth seeing...right? I have a friend who's playing SB now (she's not quitting anytime soon, it's one of the few games she plays). I'd like to play with her, but paying for the levels/story skip seems like it would really damper my experience. Especially since I keep hearing that this game has the best story in any FF for some time.

It isn't really until Heavensward when the story ramps up from "acceptable for an MMO" to "actually better than every FF game in recent memory," but the events from the end of ARR that lead into it are kind of required reading to understand any of it, and some of those fights are pretty cool.

ebil

I have been playing WoW and I have been interested in FF XIV lately due to one of my friends playing it.

This is graphically more intensive than WoW and while my laptop can run WoW I am not sure if it can run FF XIV. My laptop is using an intel hd 5500 GPU.
There's pretty much no grind at all when compared to Legion WoW, it's very easy to remain around a relevant item level if you play the game regularly. Also, the gap between gear available to casual players and the gear available to raiders is very small, and there are plenty of catch up mechanics. There's nothing like legendaries or titanforging either, everything is normalized.

The only people who complain about the grind usually are people who join really late into an expansion cycle and will need to upgrade their gear very quickly to go through the story dungeons and trials.

MikeBison

My filthy, filthy luck continues.

After getting the Susano mount last week on my first clear, today I did my ex roulette and got Ala Mhigo. Got the magitek mount. That was also my first time seeing it.

Then 4-manned the new map with friends. Have never done a map before at all.

First map gets the teleport.
Went all the way to the boss.
1 half troll and 3 full blown troll doors on the way down.

Accrued items totalling approx 15 million. 2 orchestrion rolls, 3 silks and a bunch of materia and a few other bits and pieces.

I literally joked and predicted that's how the map would go whilst doing the roulette with my friend.

My static disbanded. Time to find a new one. I dont understand why you'd go through trouble to recruit people if you're just going to disband one day after not even going into v1s for 5 min cause of a dc. The raid leader mentioned they were very busy and timezones fucked everyone. Well, schedule better next time? Jesus.

MogCakes

My static disbanded. Time to find a new one. I dont understand why you'd go through trouble to recruit people if you're just going to disband one day after not even going into v1s for 5 min cause of a dc. The raid leader mentioned they were very busy and timezones fucked everyone. Well, schedule better next time? Jesus.
My condolences. On the upside, at least it happened now rather than dealing with their crap longer.

MechaX

I feel I must be like the only Elezen in the thread.

Honestly....no.

lol

I mean, in some particular instances on leveling dungeons can be useful, but if something needs to be stunned, DPS can do it too...so.

Well, I also have an Elezen...

It just happens to be on a dummy account on Leviathan that I have not logged into since the launch of 2.0.

jwhit28

They took my bonus exp for making a new character on Mateus away since it is no longer under populated. I thought I'd be able to ride it a little longer.

Top Bottom