• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

um how do i start to become a dark knight? i can't find the quest giver

You need to unlock Heavensward areas first, so have to finish 2.0 MSQ with all the garbage after too. Takes a long time. After that it's in Ishgard, forgot where it starts, the cathedral I think? Just look for the quest icons with a +.

Tried O2S for the first time today in a PUG.... saw pretty much the whole fight. It's a catastrophe in PF though... people not stacking, people going to your position. Lol, it's a complete clusterfuck fest. My personal favourite is people not going to the grav marker and then complaining about dying.

Gator86

You need to unlock Heavensward areas first, so have to finish 2.0 MSQ with all the garbage after too. Takes a long time. After that it's in Ishgard, forgot where it starts, the cathedral I think? Just look for the quest icons with a +.

This seems pretty insane. I started a couple weeks ago and I've already got all the Stormblood classes and im not even to the end of 2.0. I'm gonna have multiple classes at 70 before unlocking stuff from the old expansion. I wish they didn't lock the classes behind main quest progression.

Tried O2S for the first time today in a PUG.... saw pretty much the whole fight. It's a catastrophe in PF though... people not stacking, people going to your position. Lol, it's a complete clusterfuck fest. My personal favourite is people not going to the grav marker and then complaining about dying.

Sounds about right lol

We had a summoner who was pretty much sentenced to death in the beginning because someone was too late on the first stack and got the party debuffed, meaning the summoner got one shot by the gravity wave

Zomba13

This seems pretty insane. I started a couple weeks ago and I've already got all the Stormblood classes and im not even to the end of 2.0. I'm gonna have multiple classes at 70 before unlocking stuff from the old expansion. I wish they didn't lock the classes behind main quest progression.

Which is why the SB classes unlock in base game areas. They heard the playerbase and changed it. They can't with the HW ones because the unlock quests and story stuff are tied to Ishgard. It does suck though, I agree.

Gator86

Which is why the SB classes unlock in base game areas. They heard the playerbase and changed it. They can't with the HW ones because the unlock quests and story stuff are tied to Ishgard. It does suck though, I agree.

Yeah, it's good they changed it. It's a bummer though because i was excited about playing Dark Knight and it's still locked behind a ton of content. Almost to the end of ARR though.

Gattsu25

Banned
Yeah, it's good they changed it. It's a bummer though because i was excited about playing Dark Knight and it's still locked behind a ton of content. Almost to the end of ARR though.

On the plus side, the story legit starts getting really damned good near the end of base ARR and doesn't really degrade afterward.

DarkKyo

The other crappy thing about getting through all that to unlock Dark Knight is that the job starts you off back at level 30 so you need to climb your way back to 50 again before you can start the Heavensward story as a Dark Knight.

Stormblood crafter quests are the best! Holy shit! After playing catch up on HW DoH quests, getting to Stormblood DoH quests is such a pleasant surprise. No more running across the world to talk to people and then crafting some expensive shit with mats you need to gather or buy. It's just moogle quests. They give you quest specific mats to make quest specific items and you never have to leave the city. The quests start and end in the same place. If you have a backlog of quests, you can just do em all in one quick go. This is how it should have always been.

Chun-Li

I ended up picking up Stormblood so I can unlock Samurai. At first it was super intimidating getting something that was Level 50 already with a ton of mechanics to learn. But it started coming together really fast. Samurai is suuuuuper fun. I played for ... much longer than I'd like to admit.

kaioshade

Same thing happened to me. Have yet to get the clear. Hopefully i can run it with some friends and get a group that will follow the mechanics.

I should have done the same with 1.0

Murkas

Is it true I gotta level all the crafting and gathering classes??

I wanted to be a culinarian/fisher but my friend told me I pretty much have to level them all for the skills or something.

Is there a guide or something because that sounds overwhelming. :(

Baleoce

ugh.. I hate my internet so much. and there's nothing I can do about it.

6478274417.png

I just want to be able to play this game and not have to ask other people in the house to not use youtube or whatever it is they're watching. Just did Bardam's Mettle on a Sunday morning thinking I could sneak it in, but nephew woke up as I was doing the "mechanics boss" and started using his iPad. I proceed to get carried through every phase by the other 3, and it's too embarrassing to even try and explain it lol

Omni

ugh.. I hate my internet so much. and there's nothing I can do about it.

6478274417.png

I just want to be able to play this game and not have to ask other people in the house to not use youtube or whatever it is they're watching. Just did Bardam's Mettle on a Sunday morning thinking I could sneak it in, but nephew woke up as I was doing the "mechanics boss" and started using his iPad. I proceed to get carried through every phase by the other 3, and it's too embarrassing to even try and explain it lol

Damn. Tbh online gaming generally doesn't use that much data. Have you tried using your phone as a hotspot or something?

Baleoce

Damn. Tbh online gaming generally doesn't use that much data. Have you tried using your phone as a hotspot or something?

My PC doesn't have a WiFi adapter. I use an ethernet cable to try and get the best ping (because of how bad this connection is anyway). The phone uses USB-C as well, which my motherboard doesn't support. I tried bluetooth tethering once and oddly enough it wouldn't work. I'll have to figure that one out.

EDIT - Oh wow, I just remembered that USB-C is still backwards compatible with older types xD So I have got that tethering now. Many thanks! Infact, I think it's actually using both connections at the same time. Which is great. I may actually consider boosting my contract to allow for more tethering data because of this.

Danj

Is it true I gotta level all the crafting and gathering classes??

I wanted to be a culinarian/fisher but my friend told me I pretty much have to level them all for the skills or something.

Is there a guide or something because that sounds overwhelming. :(

It's absolutely NOT a requirement. You can totally be a CUL/FSH if that's what you want. However, other crafting classes do have cross-class skills which will make things easier for you when cooking, if you get them.

dramatis

nnnnn

Let me search the marketplace.

The prices must be insane? I'll check.
Bought all the fruits I needed, costed me about 100k. Eek.

Wait, so you can farm in your own room?

Because I have a bunch of seeds and nowhere to plant them.
Buy the fruits, gardening is the past time of the real estate elite of FFXIV, not for us homeless common men.
Oh Sammy
Oh Haly

There's some chocobo coloring fruits in the first tab of the FC chest

I have a dumb newbie question. I've just hit lv 50 and finished the vanilla story. What should I do with the tomestone of poetics I've been getting? I'm thinking of getting ironworks gear since my low item level is preventing me from doing a bunch of the lv50 dungeons. But how quickly would they get outmoded? Should I spend the tomestones on something else instead?

Murkas

It's absolutely NOT a requirement. You can totally be a CUL/FSH if that's what you want. However, other crafting classes do have cross-class skills which will make things easier for you when cooking, if you get them.

Ah cool, I'll probably do it anyway for the grind and it it makes things easier.

I have a dumb newbie question. I've just hit lv 50 and finished the vanilla story. What should I do with the tomestone of poetics I've been getting? I'm thinking of getting ironworks gear since my low item level is preventing me from doing a bunch of the lv50 dungeons. But how quickly would they get outmoded? Should I spend the tomestones on something else instead?

I got them because there isn't really much else to spend poetics on. And yeah they'll get outdated after a while, (I'm level 53 on 2.3 quests and still have them tbh).

They're worth spending the poetics for, but not worth grinding poetics for I think, although I had enough to get the whole set due to beast tribe dailies.

Also shouldn't your level 50 job quest gear be enough to get into lv50 dungeons??

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Spend them on the ironworks gear. It's good gear that will see you through all the postAR-HW content. You'll get plenty of more poetics in the future. If you buy the Carbontwine/coat items and upgrade the Ironworks gear, the gear will really be good until you hit level 55 or so in HW content.

Danj

I love this game.

Alphinaud
and
Tataru
just got arrested for
allegedly consorting with heretics
or some bullshit like that.

And I was just thinking "It's a pity the Ishgardian legal system doesn't include
trial by combat
".

And lo and behold, the next sentence
Aymeric
says is about needing to ask for a
trial by combat
!

It's like they read my mind.

Absolutely go for the ironworks gear. It'll last you until about level 53-54 content which you're still far away from if you just finished ARR

Jisgsaw

Another noob question: I'm 20-ish hours in. Log out yesterday with 20k Gils and 2k MGP.
Log on this morning, did one dungeon and a couple triple triad games... and I now have 20k MGP an 1+ million Gils.
What the hell happened? Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Omnicent

O3S looks impossible in PF.

It doesn't look that bad mechanically now that it has been broken down.
The hardest part is finding 7 others that understand it (with good dps or red pandas dad will fuck you up) and assigning things out.

I'm hoping once I get an O2S clear things will be better in O3S. I mean if you can assign tasks in O2S you should be able to do the same in O3S (shh don't kill my hopes).

Top Bottom