• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

aceface

You're right, I'm the one sexualizing characters that look like children. It's not projecting, people do this.

"Little people" is a well worn fantasy trope and there's nothing in-game that sexualizes lalafells. They might actually grow out of the ground for all we know. To me, catgirl emotes are way more problematic. And how with the in-game lore they actually live in harems.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Catgirls are by far the most overused race in this game.
Unless there was a huge dramatic shift in the past 7 months (Which in accordance to the 2015 Census that's not happening) than the census we got back in December 2016 actually says that's only slightly true for the EU.

12/2016 Data:
Character genders: JP - 49% female, 51% male; NA - 39% female, 61% male; EU - 41% female, 59% male

Races:

JP
Aura - 8%
Hyuran - 28%
Elezen - 7%
Lalafell - 28%
Miqo'te - 25%
Roegadyn - 4%

NA
Aura - 10%
Hyuran - 29%
Elezen - 9%
Lalafell - 17%
Miqo'te - 29%
Roegadyn - 6%

EU
Aura - 10%
Hyuran - 29%
Elezen - 8%
Lalafell - 18%
Miqo'te - 31%
Roegadyn - 4%

"Little people" is a well worn fantasy trope and there's nothing in-game that sexualizes lalafells. They might actually grow out of the ground for all we know. To me, catgirl emotes are way more problematic. And how with the in-game lore they actually live in harems.

Pretty sure I was talking specifically about the people playing them and dressing them up.

Lalas that wear stuff like the Thavnairian Bustier get some side eye from me, but in my experience, most either go for a badass potato or a cute potato.

Definitely did not expect that to be common, but I welcome the news! Now if I can actually progress that far in the story.. Stormblood seems like an eternity away.

Well, if it's not the color you love, you don't really have to wait that long. It's a recolor of the Dravanian Healing set that that drops in the Heavensward Antitower dungeon. I think it looks better in white anyway, but hey.

J612HjZ.jpg

Edzi

I approve of this race war.

I can agree that most cat girls are kinda trashy by design, which I'm not a huge fan of. Y'shtola balances things out with her class though. I don't know how any of you can defend being a lala.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Speaking of cat girls the Doma Castle female gear set was a mistake... it's nothing but trash. Specially when a potato is wearing it *shivers*

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The main tank in my group is a lalafell, and he used to wear a poncho and a ridiculously oversized sombrero. It was awesome.

I'd consider male roe if they had more human like proportions. They just look kinda derpy as is, especially in certain armor sets.
That's why I ended up going female Roe when I decided to switch from a Lala, they at least have the same sort of build without looking like a cube in the process.

Squishy3

Speaking of cat girls the Doma Castle female gear set was a mistake... it's nothing but trash. Specially when a potato is wearing it *shivers*
The more upsetting thing about it is some of the gear is just the recolored Law tomestone gear. I didn't like that set then and I sure don't like it now.

Croc

Banned
I would never play a Lalafell just cause I actually want to see the armor and shit that I'm wearing.

I picked male Elezen first cause I was originally dragoon and it looked coolest on the tallest thinnest character but I recently switched to female Au Ra and am never looking back.

Edzi

The only thing I don't like about my cat dude is that helmets look terrible with those little ear cones they add. Luckily, I rarely display headgear that hides my face since that'd look dumb in cutscenes.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

What's wrong with the Doma Castle gear? Do you mean the Shisui of the Violet Tides?

The only thing I don't like about my cat dude is that helmets look terrible with those little ear cones they add. Luckily, I rarely display headgear that hides my face since that'd look dumb in cutscenes.

The only proper headgear.

49n982W.jpg

Landford

Banned
What is the main difference between EUR and NA accounts? The subscription payment method? I can log in any server, right? EUR can only pay in Euros?

Edzi

Question for all you glamour fiends, is there a good looking tank armor set that resembles the Ursine armor from the witcher 3? Similar to the Orthodox fending set, but dyeable. Been thinking of just going back to get the entire set.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I've yet to find a good looking pair of glasses. Where'd you get those?

Artisan's Spectacles They were a all-jobs crafting headpiece in ARR. You need a 50+ crafting job and have to turn in a difficult (at 50) HQ items to get them.

If you don't have a crafting job leveled, there is the Scholasticate questline in Heavensward that will reward you with an identical (but non dyeable) version of the glasses.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/?category2=3&category4=32&category3=22

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If I want to get into the glam game what are the best resources to do so? I guess it doesn't matter until I get to 70 but I do get tired of looking like a clown all the time

Village

The only proper headgear.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

( i like the cat ears added to hat, I think its cute and weird. I mean its not as cool as aura getting horns added to all helmets making darkknight clams work way better exclusively for one race. But the ear thing is cool)

Zomba13

I can't dye the Ironworks armor? :(

Need to upgrade it to Augmented Ironworks gear. You use the Carbontwine bought from the same person you buy the armour (under (other) in the main menu section I think) then take the twine and the piece to Gerolt's assistant in the North Shroud and trade them there for dyable ilvl130 pieces.

Isaccard

To me, catgirl emotes are way more problematic. And how with the in-game lore they actually live in harems.

Catgirls are by far the most overused race in this game.

They're the worst.

Lalas that wear stuff like the Thavnairian Bustier get some side eye from me, but in my experience, most either go for a badass potato or a cute potato.

Yes, how dare they also wear glamour designed for all races in the game.

Pretty sure I was talking specifically about the people playing them and dressing them up.

Again, precetion =/= reality

You can always count on JP to do it right

They know the superior race.

Astral

Need to upgrade it to Augmented Ironworks gear. You use the Carbontwine bought from the same person you buy the armour (under (other) in the main menu section I think) then take the twine and the piece to Gerolt's assistant in the North Shroud and trade them there for dyable ilvl130 pieces.

Oh I see, thanks. I guess I'll do that once I have all the gear.

Omni

Hit dat enrage in v4s

Couuuuuuld clear today maybe? We're like 8% off though. Had a few (a lot lmao) deaths during Omega which rekt us. Hmmmm

Astral

Just did my first level 50 dungeon as a WHM. That was a damn workout. The tank kept pulling enemies like mad. It's the first time I sweat as a healer.

Euphony

Banned
Is it weird of me to have thought that Minfilia's voice sounded like text to speech when I first heard it? Just something about her voice seems robotic.

Top Bottom