• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

This is one of you, isn't it

E3jL5kI.png

Who are we talking about? The sprout player? Or the potato that needs a glamour
and a fantasia because ewww lala
and to visit the aesthetician stat?

Murkas

Finally got to HW, most of 2.1-2.5 was so boring bar the last down quests or so where things start ramping up.

Unlocked Dark Knight and I kept failing the first quest so I think I'm doing something wrong. Managed to finish it after a couple of tries and realising I didn't equip the class role skills. Just did the first combos it let me with some random aoes thrown in. Didn't like seeing the dps difference after spending the whole playthrough playing monk...

Is there a guide or can anyone give me the basics, wanna get into tanking and a quick Google search shows all the dark Knight guides being a bit outdated since they got rid of cross class skills?

Help me make my Lalafell be edgy.

And here I was hoping I'd be done after helping
Minfilia's
mom
for a bit. Is it safe to just mash X then?

I skipped every cutscene except for the ones for the last two quests before Heavensward. I got the general gist of things and wasn't really lost at all from HW onwards storywise.

MrHoot

Holy shit I need to vent but..

How is it possible that SO MANY PEOPLE are so incompetent at Omega 1 savage. I've done it so many times by now, I could do it with my eyes closed but I can't manage to clear yet because people keep fucking up the same mechanics over and over holy SHIIIIIT.

4 different parties today, failed all 4 to the same shit. Even one that had a minimum ilevel of 315 because the tank decided to randomly fuck off with the boss just before a downburst.

Just let me clear this thing goddamit

Holy shit I need to vent but..

How is it possible that SO MANY PEOPLE are so incompetent at Omega 1 savage. I've done it so many times by now, I could do it with my eyes closed but I can't manage to clear yet because people keep fucking up the same mechanics over and over holy SHIIIIIT.

4 different parties today, failed all 4 to the same shit. Even one that had a minimum ilevel of 315 because the tank decided to randomly fuck off with the boss just before a downburst.

Just let me clear this thing goddamit

A lot of people are trying to react instead of remember the patterns and move accordingly. That style of play can work in pretty much everything else so a lot of people either can't or don't bother to adapt.

BLCKATK

Defeated V3s today. Gonna spend the next week attempting to find some people to form a static with, the pug life is not for me! Way too many hours this weekend spent in there. Need a schedule @_@

Really fun fight though, I love the flow of it. First phases are teaching you "The Game" and how it's played, and after the "Animal Farm" you have to play "The Game" with her until you end her or she gives you the Game Over. It's intense.

Qvoth

to those cleared v4s, how much hp as a caster do you need?
with my shit HW food i only reach 35k, but that's because i melded an offensive materia 6 on my 340 bracelet from v1s, so i can probably get about 36.5k if i meld vit on it and eat a better food
just started yesterday

Frumix

Suffering From Success
to those cleared v4s, how much hp as a caster do you need?
with my shit HW food i only reach 35k, but that's because i melded an offensive materia 6 on my 340 bracelet from v1s, so i can probably get about 36.5k if i meld vit on it and eat a better food
just started yesterday

36k+

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I honestly don't see enough of them. I'm usually grouped up with filthy humans in dungeons.

I brought this up a while back, but I'm surprised Lala's aren't more popular (they are evil and should be purged though). Taru were the most popular race in FFXI.

mWiw4bI.png

kaze343

A lot of people are trying to react instead of remember the patterns and move accordingly. That style of play can work in pretty much everything else so a lot of people either can't or don't bother to adapt.
it feels like you are giving some people too much credit. some are just shitters.
svTIL

Mine totally does.
when is your deadline? the most recent one (deadline being 8/8/17) doesnt have lvl 70 dungeons for me, and a few others i know. the top row somewhat cycles thru the dungeon content.

Qvoth

Roe female :S

i was male lala in my short time playing 1.0
then starting from arr beta i was fem roe
then when aura was released i changed into fem aura with my free phantasia, i still got 1 more free phantasia that i will probably use when they release the next new race

scy

when is your deadline? the most recent one (deadline being 8/8/17) doesnt have lvl 70 dungeons for me, and a few others i know. the top row somewhat cycles thru the dungeon content.

Wondrous Tails duties are random.

Edit: Well, to be more specific, there's a pool it picks from but still. Not everyone has the same.

Can I not do mining collectibles until I get to Ishgard? So I HAVE to get the ARR stuff done to get to HS to be able to do those?

Anyone know the answer to this?

B.K.

I got Botanist to 70 tonight. It's going to take forever to get enough Yellow Scrips to get the level 70 gear and to unlock all the filklore nodes.

Vhalyar

So I started leveling a DRK for the first time and I'm up to level 34, and doing Brayflox Longstop and I am getting my ass whooped by these mobs. I've been in there three times, have my armor updated for the 32-34 range, whatever I could find... and like... I feel like pudding. Is this a situation where it's something that just gets better as I level or is DRK squishier for a bit? My tanking experience in the game is limited to playing PLD to 40 in vanilla.
Brayflox is the first dungeon to actually test players, everything before is easy on purpose. The trash packs hit hard, but you have a fair amount of control on how many you pull. Use your cooldowns on said trash packs, don't hold any back for the bosses. (Which is also true of all future dungeons; it's often the trash that kills you through sheer sustained damage, not bosses and their occasional damage spikes).

Same goes for the healers. If they are not paying attention you'll absolutely drop dead quickly.

Astral

Is it worth unlocking the level 50/60 dungeon duty roulette? Apparently I have to complete every single level 50 dungeon to do so? That's a lot.

Defeated V3s today. Gonna spend the next week attempting to find some people to form a static with, the pug life is not for me! Way too many hours this weekend spent in there. Need a schedule @_@

Really fun fight though, I love the flow of it. First phases are teaching you "The Game" and how it's played, and after the "Animal Farm" you have to play "The Game" with her until you end her or she gives you the Game Over. It's intense.

lol, you gave me hope that I may clear it in a PUG this week.

Top Bottom