• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'll just go ahead and make my obligatory Elezen post so people don't completely forget we exist.

Village

I'm just Au Ra guy, why everyone hating on all the races, when the real enemies is that garleans, they have like the worst third eye situation ever. It doesn't even look cool, its not even like a cool demon eye its like a giant as pimplie at the top of their heads. And they got the gall to claim racial superiority and they whole race got untreatable acney

iammeiam

It's hard not to make a generic looking character in this game.

Eh; if you're willing to play around with some of the face paint options you can end up with a look you're not going to run into all that often. The actual face and hair and whatnot options are fairly limited, but facepaint choices that run counter to the race expectations can help a lot. I've yet to run into another lalafell that resembles mine. It'll happen one day, but not yet.

Edzi

Eh; if you're willing to play around with some of the face paint options you can end up with a look you're not going to run into all that often. The actual face and hair and whatnot options are fairly limited, but facepaint choices that run counter to the race expectations can help a lot. I've yet to run into another lalafell that resembles mine. It'll happen one day, but not yet.

I can't even imagine a lala that looks different than other lalas.

Village

We can all look forward to screenshots of lalas with 3 legs

We stray further and further from the twelve's light.

You know the slider I want, musculature slider for all races, yeah Au Ra and Roe are muscular, but they are less defined. Roe are just big, I wanna be able to make cut ass Au Ra and Jacked Roe.

That's the slider I desire

Also dreadlockgs, Give me dreadlocks pls, and cut hair for Au RA also a fade pls thanks

Croc

Banned
yeah I mean all of the body proportion options are incredibly limited so characters of same race/clan overall end up looking largely similar.

iammeiam

I can't even imagine a lala that looks different than other lalas.

Angary is the tallest Lala in existence. Should be her own species.

^---This is accurate and it looks hilarious next to minimum height dragon waifus. Also giant FATE Shantotto and I will be starting a club for disenfranchised oversized taru and lalas.

But I dunno. Most lalafell don't go for the height of the Moenbryda hair or the war paint look. Stacking them all together is a thing. I tried taking the face paint off at one point and it was like sudden generic npc mode.

Eh; if you're willing to play around with some of the face paint options you can end up with a look you're not going to run into all that often.
ymsm5.jpg

Seriously now, I've started playing more with facepaints and "unusual" colors and I'm really happy with the result - specially now that fantasias are much more expensive for me so I need to calm the fuck down with those and get used to my cat lady until bunny ladies show up.

It's amazing what some blue lipstick can achieve.

Have just come back after a break since just before Heavensward released. I finally finished all the Realm Reborn quests yesterday and i'm ready to buy the expansions.

Question: I've got both BLM & SMN at 50. Which one should I level going into HW? Which one is doing better right now for leveling & that kind of content?

Sylas

Seriously now, I've started playing more with facepaints and "unusual" colors and I'm really happy with the result - specially now that fantasias are much more expensive for me so I need to calm the fuck down with those and get used to my cat lady until bunny ladies show up.

It's amazing what some blue lipstick can achieve.

Seriously. I'm forever happy with what I did with my character's eyebrows. I've only seen one other person look like him. They looked suspiciously like him, too. Down to the skin color.

745fa0d5deac4b0524c7ca6ff6a63a15.png

I think glams are underrated with how different they can make a character look as well. You get the right colors and aesthetic and you stop looking so generic.

Have just come back after a break since just before Heavensward released. I finally finished all the Realm Reborn quests yesterday and i'm ready to buy the expansions.

Question: I've got both BLM & SMN at 50. Which one should I level going into HW? Which one is doing better right now for leveling & that kind of content?
BLM is in a really good spot right now. SMN on the other hand is all fucky and punishing

Xux

They should've went hard with the WWE promotion and had New Day hairstyles and not the wacky spiked up shit they did for the promo, either.

Astral

I'm giving my character a different hairstyle every expansion. I've already changed her hair for post ARR pre HW. Though it was mostly because her long hair was clipping through the Ironworks healer's robe, I'll probably change it again for HW and again for Stormblood.

Squishy3

i'm bored and just messing around trying to optimize on stone sky sea but it sure is fun not being able to do as much dps as you could during it because you can't use dragon sight without using your chocobo companion :)

Kenai

5.0 Changelog

- Added BDO character creator into the game.

In all honesty the most we're ever going to get is more hairstyles.

I feel like if they weren't at least going to try working on it they would have outright dismissed it rather than answering the question on it like they did. Also while it was limited to 1 or 2 gender/race combos, it was in 1.0, so I'm actually hopeful on this.

I don't even need anything truly amazing, I just don't want my character's back sticking out more than his butt when he's standing straight. That's just wrong

Eldren

I have a habit of messing about in the character creator whenever I log off, just playing about with the different races and seeing what I come up with. Sometimes it turns out I really like the look of one of them and it sticks in my head until I feel the need to use a fantasia. It happened when I went from a Hellsguard to a Sea Wolf Roe, then to a Wildwood Elezen and then again to a Duskwight which I've been for the longest time. But this week I made a Highlander that I really like the look of and now I'm torn on whether to change or not...

Female Elezen are the only characters in this game with a half-decent arse (or the closest available in game), Highlanders have the hips but they're completely flat in the back and yes this is a thing I paid attention to. Plus I'll miss being so tall. It's a dilemma.

Also I just found out that the SAM rotation changes once you hit about ~940 skill speed so tomorrow I will be learning the 3-sen opener. I like the increased speed so I'm looking forward to it.

I just finished some ballad of Ultima or whatever the fuck. I have the biggest headache. So many explosions.
That sounds about right for a first run through that trial. It's not especially difficult but it feels like a constant barrage of stuff happening all at once, it's a really fun trial to watch people do blind.

Edzi

I don't really care much about glamour, but since I'm in the end game and have a gross mismatch of 310-320 gear I figured I'd give it a go. It's a simple glamour, but I'm really fond of how it looks:

It's just an ink blue dyed tigerskin coat of fending with the iron doman hands/feet armor.

Gattsu25

Banned
Finally made it to the top of the tower. As someone that loved the jumping puzzles in Guild Wars 2 this was basically that only on Legendary difficulty mode.

Can't wait until dawn hits in the game. City looks lovely at night.

Code:
[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4393/36157313242_182ec40b05_o.png[/img]
[img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4436/35929745940_444f9682aa_o.png[/img]

Edit: ugh, the Imgur encoding is extra saucy tonight. Rehosting images on Flickr.

Finally made it to the top of the tower. As someone that loved the jumping puzzles in Guild Wars 2 this was basically that only on Legendary difficulty mode.

Can't wait until dawn hits in the game. City looks lovely at night.

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/02wUSlV.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/itPoHd4.jpg[/img]

Hot damn these look good.

I've been playing a bit and relearning everything and it's awesome. Very happy to be back.

Astral

Finally got full Ironworks healing set besides the accessories. Are those even worth it? The stat increase isn't very high. I feel like I'll get better accessories from MSQs soon. Also, the optics look dumb as hell.

Top Bottom