• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

I'm a weeb now, you have no power over me. Haohmaru and Kenshin and Ogami and all that shit (help I don't know anything made in the last ten years).

I don't even know what the memes for making fun of samurais are; this is a disaster.

I'm still confused by the stomach hole, though. Like... even if it was for sexing it up or whatever, was someone extremely attracted to torsos and random spikes? What is its purpose.

Somebody went to add a boob window, missed, and somebody else thought it looked cool? I don't know; every time there's an interview where they talk up how equal opportunity their clothes are I want somebody to but y tho drachen mail at them.

Etroveria

Neo Member
Hey I'd take the exposed midriff if they gave Estinien the same treatment

(seriously tho, as much as I like that DRG armor, eff the female version)

Squishy3

maybe some rogue blacksmith took it upon themselves to make maternity wear drachen armor and they're like "well we gotta get rid of all this not practical armor somehow, might as well give it to the warrior of light"

and the only other female dragoon you see is the one branded as a heretic in the heavensward job quests, so of course they give her the impractical armor

B.K.

What exactly counts as a lot in the Savage Omega fights? I've cleared up to V2S. It has a weapon tomestone and 330 upgrade Glaze in it. If I roll and win the tomestone or the Glaze, can I still lot on a piece of gear or do they count toward the lot limit?

iammeiam

What exactly counts as a lot in the Savage Omega fights? I've cleared up to V2S. It has a weapon tomestone and 330 upgrade Glaze in it. If I roll and win the tomestone or the Glaze, can I still lot on a piece of gear or do they count toward the lot limit?

You can roll on everything. Rolling and/or winning aren't the limit, you're just restricted to one clear per week per floor where you can see loot inside treasure chests. You can roll on and win everything that drops on that first clear, but on the second clear and later you won't even see the loot. It's very different from the normal lockouts.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You can roll on everything. Rolling and/or winning aren't the limit, you're just restricted to one clear per week per floor where you can see loot inside treasure chests. You can roll on and win everything that drops on that first clear, but on the second clear and later you won't even see the loot. It's very different from the normal lockouts.

I thought it locked you out if you win one item.

iammeiam

I thought it locked you out if you win one item.

Nah, Savage doesn't care if you win. Your one 'chance' at loot is literally just seeing the items. It kind of has to work this way, because you may go in to a floor and see, say, the dragoon weapon and the dragoon chest drop. A group doing O4S is usually not going to stack multiples of the same job, so assuming that group has a dragoon, he kind of has to be able to win both or it sucks for everybody involved.

Savage is basically designed to be cleared once a week, every week. It's different from Normal or the 24-mans, which are designed for you to clear them a bunch of times per week until you win a roll and get something. Normal and the 24-man you're supposed to be able to get something every week, so the limit is to just stop you at 1 win but as many attempts as you want for that one win (Grindy content, with a cap in place to keep you coming back.) Savage you're just supposed kill once a week and be done with, so you only get one 'shot' at seeing loot, but in that one shot you can win everything or nothing. Game doesn't care what you get, if anything, it just only gives you once chance a week.

Qvoth

you guys might think it's harsh, but afaik the exchange rate for the datalog books that you get when you clear each savage floor is cheaper now compared to HW
i was surprised to see you only need 4 books to upgrade the 330 weapon and left side armors, pretty sure it was 8 back in HW

iammeiam

Do you really think the Lalafell Mafia had nothing to do with the production? pls.

you guys might think it's harsh, but afaik the exchange rate for the datalog books that you get when you clear each savage floor is cheaper now compared to HW
i was surprised to see you only need 4 books to upgrade the 330 weapon and left side armors, pretty sure it was 8 back in HW

Nah, upgrade items were always four books, going back to Gordias.

B.K.

I got disconnected with a 90002 error and now I can't even log in to the character select menu. I get a 2002 error when I try to log in. It's ridiculous that they're still having these problems almost two months after Stormblood launch. They really need to get a new host for these servers. They didn't have this much trouble before the move.

Qvoth

i haven't had any logging in problems in a looooong time
admittedly tonberry isn't as crowded as some NA ultra congested servers, but it's still listed as congested

iammeiam

Beast tribe tokens moving to currency tab

VENTURES MOVED TO CURRENCY

G A M E C H A N G E R

just need primal tokens and pages and life will be complete

scy

move Primal, Raid, etc. tokens too and I'll gain like 50 inventory slots after all these things.

Let me dream.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Static LF BRD must be able to play Through The Fire and Flames for the raid. Will consider Beethoven's Symphony No. 5.

Top Bottom