• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Squishy3

With the new raid coming, that means Genji armor is about to become obsolete right? I've got a month to get it all....yeah that's not happening.
Not at all. Odd patches are "catch-up" and provide players who aren't doing Savage raids a time-gated way of getting close to 340 but the 340 gear will not be outdated until 4.2 comes out in early 2018, which is a progression patch and will have the new wing of Omega plus a new weekly capped tomestone.

The 24 man in 4.1 will offer 330 gear drops on a weekly lockout, and it will also drop an item you can exchange for an upgrade token for the Lost Allagan armor. (You'll be able to exchange the item for the weapon upgrade token when 4.2 drops, probably.)

Astral

No. Ivalice stuff will be i330 and you'll be able to upgrade one piece of tome stuff to 340 a week.

Not at all. Odd patches are "catch-up" and provide players who aren't doing Savage raids a time-gated way of getting close to 340 but the 340 gear will not be outdated until 4.2 comes out in early 2018, which is a progression patch and will have the new wing of Omega plus a new weekly capped tomestone.

The 24 man in 4.1 will offer 330 gear drops on a weekly lockout, and it will also drop an item you can exchange for an upgrade token for the Lost Allagan armor. (You'll be able to exchange the item for the weapon upgrade token when 4.2 drops, probably.)

Oh I see. That's awesome then. Man it's gonna feel good to finally experience new content with everyone else.

Edda's gear is up on the mogstation.

giphy.gif

Outfit is undyeable and for female characters only (they really need to stop doing that) and the weapon is for WAR/DRK (animations)/DRG/BLM/WHM.

Incoming 2B glamours again. Not ripping on the game or anything but yikes there were a ton of them on my server for a while.

Toth

Oh I see. That's awesome then. Man it's gonna feel good to finally experience new content with everyone else.

Unfortunately though, they are going with the same exact flow as past expansions, which was one of the criticisms from the fanbase....

BTW As to why the weapon from Ultimate is 345, it seems that they do not want this thing to be something you have to do for the next step of raiding. Rather it's just an ultimate test of skill where overcoming the challenge is the reward. Besides, hanging the carrot of an uber weapon over it will cheapen it into 'something you have to get OMG or you suck'

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Watching Daddyof Light, I was bored and went through my housing zone in Lavendar Beds trying to find which plot was used in the show.

Found it, and the owner must have changed their name to Maidy.

iammeiam

Unfortunately though, they are going with the same exact flow as past expansions, which was one of the criticisms from the fanbase....

Yoshida on Thordan EX:
Yoshida: We've said this before, but the battle was intended to sit between the normal and savage versions of Alexander Gordias. This one in particular was designed as a challenge for players who are working on the third area of savage to give them another near-term goal and prevent them from getting bored by giving them a new Knight weapon which they can use to keep pushing in the third part of savage.

Yoshida on Shinryu EX:
This time, we would like those who were able to clear Omega: Deltascape (Savage) v2.0, but struggling with v3.0, to challenge this. You can imagine something like the Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign.

We've entered a weird realm where not only is the content largely cookie-cutter, but the way they talk about the content is often find-replace of the last cycle.

I dunno, the cycle being threadbare and kind of tired isn't really surprising. Super Savage is at least a concrete move to combat complaints from one section of the player base; I do think some of the QoL stuff they're promising for 4.1 is a lot bigger than most of what we were getting in the HW patches from a tech perspective so there are signs of them changing how they're using resources which might be good.

If they an keep adding one 'new' thing in the style of Super Savage per patch (not 'in the style' as in hard, but a flavor of content that doesn't have a HW analog) the aggregate improvement should be a good thing. It'll just take time to get there and see.

mcw

I love this game and am absurdly excited for the Ivalice content. When that key art with Ramza and Delita showed up in last night's stream, it awakened something in me that I have not felt in almost twenty years.

Hard to believe that it's been that long since FFT.

Murkas

So I'm in Stormblood and I'm gonna ask a noob question about something I've noticed throughout the game.

Can anyone explain what the deals is with someone announcing a monster followed by map coordinates, then numerous people asking for invites?

I've always ignored them, are they worth doing?

So I'm in Stormblood and I'm gonna ask a noob question about something I've noticed throughout the game.

Can anyone explain what the deals is with someone announcing a monster followed by map coordinates, then numerous people asking for invites?

I've always ignored them, are they worth doing?

Those are hunt marks. The ones people post in shout are usually A/S ranks which will give you some tomestones and seals regardless of if you get the hunt bill or not from Kugane/Ishgard. Some of them are special unmarked FATES like Ixion or Fox Lady which is how you get currency to get the Ixion mount and the fox ears/pet.

Astral

I don't wanna complain but daaaamn is leveling an alt boring. I need tips. Since my two alts so far are DPS I can't really break the monotony with a dungeon since the amount of time I spend in a queue could be spent gaining a level or two in PotD.

iammeiam

Reddit saying stuff:
About Ultimate Bahamut
- Patch 4.1 will see Buffs and Debuff being shown separately
- Ultimate Bahamut will have a lot of phases, and there are phases with no set pattern (meaning there will be randomness)
- It's a difficulty not meant to be carried. Forget about carrying.
- You cannot access the content through DF or RF. You can only access with recruitment from party finder. Though no further info on where or how to access the content.
- YoshiP "I wonder how much Cauterize will we see here~"
- The implementation date will be 2 weeks after 4.1 release.

D I V E B O M B S

Not super-savage but definitely suffering related:
- Re-collab with Youkai Watch announced. But not sure if it's the new one or a rerun of the collab.

aceface

I don't wanna complain but daaaamn is leveling an alt boring. I need tips. Since my two alts so far are DPS I can't really break the monotony with a dungeon since the amount of time I spend in a queue could be spent gaining a level or two in PotD.

Up to 60 do your daily Levelling roulette and trials roulette in between PotD for some variety. For 61-70 don't do PotD anymore, the exp isn't great. Still do leveling roulette, do the highest level SB dungeon you can and do daily hunts in between for some variety.

Berordn

I get so bored of POTD so quickly I just suffer through farming fates or sidequests while waiting for queues to pop, efficiency be damned.

Squishy3

Not super-savage but definitely suffering related:
It's a re-run, the Level 5 CEO said he wanted it back because he didn't get the glowing Whisper mount and asked for it to be put up on Mogstation and Yoshida said no because that'd be unfair to the people who grinded for the mount. Yoshida then asks if there's a magic button that could be pressed to implement the event and got told it needs server maintenance to be reenabled.

i hope everyone who didn't get the glowing whisper mount kept all their medals

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ah yes can't wait for people to whine about how awful it is to farm FATEs while trying to get stuff they don't like and will never use. A classic.

Squishy3

Ah yes can't wait for people to whine about how awful it is to farm FATEs while trying to get stuff they don't like and will never use. A classic.
I use my glowing whisper mount all the time, when the game servers go down it's the mount I'm going to be on when they die.

YoshiP would never take my immersion breaking mount away from me.

Bebpo

Banned
Yokai Watch event coming back tomorrow.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/youkai-watch/

Exact same event as last time. They didn't even add SAM and RDM weapons.

On one hand kinda cool for new players like myself (started last December), since this event seemed pretty substantial. On the other hand kinda weird they don't even bother making a couple of new weapons or any new content to it.

Speaking of events, I think it's kinda a shame that seasonal/timed events will always just be in the original three cities so newcomers can join. I'd love to see some sort of event in Ishgard or Kugane. It just feels like they make these new cities, but they'll always be secondary cities that no one hangs around as opposed to the main three. People still populate the main three cities because it's where the GCs are, it'd be nice if the other cities got their own GCs and seasonal events.

On one hand kinda cool for new players like myself (started last December), since this event seemed pretty substantial. On the other hand kinda weird they don't even bother making a couple of new weapons or any new content to it.

That's because the decision to run it again really does seem to have been made in a drunken jam session, live, on stream, in front of tens of thousands.

YoshiP is a loose cannon!

(They really should have at least thrown together a few more weapons or something.)

MechaX

randomized phases? LuL

"Oh shit we ended up getting a phase with triple divebombs, Allagan Field, and Allagan Rot and unavoidable raid wide damage"

But if it's really all just shit from T5/9/13, I can't wait for some goofy Cauterize + Dive Bomb + Heavens Fall + Twister goodness.

Murkas

Those are hunt marks. The ones people post in shout are usually A/S ranks which will give you some tomestones and seals regardless of if you get the hunt bill or not from Kugane/Ishgard. Some of them are special unmarked FATES like Ixion or Fox Lady which is how you get currency to get the Ixion mount and the fox ears/pet.

Ah I see, will probably do them then if I see the announcements.

Omni

Had two subs for v4s today. Man the attitude of the Monk that we PF'd. First he leaves voice comms like three minutes into Exdeath because reasons. Then he dies numerous times in Neo because he's not in discord to hear how we do mechanics

We finally clear and then he starts making a fuss about the loot. He knew going in that he could roll on anything except the coffer - yet when we get to it, he rolls anyway and posts some petty comments in the chat (Coffer was going to me as we are a static and I'm the last to get my weapon). Luckily I rolled an 80 and got the AST weapon regardless, but ugh.

I dunno about anyone else, but if I'm looking to get a weekly clear with a static, I don't try to steal their loot. Just seems like common courtesy?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Up to 60 do your daily Levelling roulette and trials roulette in between PotD for some variety. For 61-70 don't do PotD anymore, the exp isn't great. Still do leveling roulette, do the highest level SB dungeon you can and do daily hunts in between for some variety.

I'm re subbing and at still only level 33. Pardon my ignorance, but what are daily leveling roulettes?

Speaking of events, I think it's kinda a shame that seasonal/timed events will always just be in the original three cities so newcomers can join. I'd love to see some sort of event in Ishgard or Kugane. It just feels like they make these new cities, but they'll always be secondary cities that no one hangs around as opposed to the main three. People still populate the main three cities because it's where the GCs are, it'd be nice if the other cities got their own GCs and seasonal events.

i hate the main cities now because there is always some bot spamming. i always try to go through them as quickly as possible. those arseholes ruined them for me.

Top Bottom