• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Marcel

I remember this EXACT thing happening during the ARR launch though.

The instanced tree fight in 2.0 is what you're talking about and I hoped they had learned their lesson about putting solo instances this early in the game.

Selective memory is a bitch for them I guess.

Alex

With WoW and XIV having the only really exciting MMO launches these days, they always wind up a shit show for a little while

Warlords of Draenor and a Realm Reborn being the worst, in my experiences.

iammeiam

You're gonna have it much worse than everyone who got up at 4 AM to play.

The funny part is, he's probably not.

People have been stuck at the same point in MSQ since, seriously, the servers came up.

You don't get credit for trying more, you don't move ahead in line, nothing.

So somebody starting right now may face a login queue and some disconnects--which happened at server up too--but once they get to the bottleneck they have the exact same odds as the people stuck there all day.

Potd is basically unusable for me now.

Sure other things lead to disconnects and lag spikes too. But bad DC does not sabotage an entire run, when I am just doing beat tribe quests and stuff... while in Potd you can lose all progress and just eat shit and get no xp.

Well, I play for 13 hours straight now and I had absolutely no problems so far, literally.

Ok, I just started the main quest an hour ago but it runs good so far. :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
wee im home and I'm 677 in queue! I gotta run a quick errand but I don't imagine it will be that much better when I get back in 15 minutes

iammeiam

I tried a Frontlines and it was basically watching half the instance constantly DC and reconnect, resulting in a roving band of those who stayed on hunting out isolated survivors.

Should we lock this thread until the expansion is actually available?

But it's shaping up to be such a convenient link for the next time somebody says we should trust that Yoshida knows what he's doing!

I tried a Frontlines and it was basically watching half the instance constantly DC and reconnect, resulting in a roving band of those who stayed on hunting out isolated survivors.

But it's shaping up to be such a convenient link for the next time somebody says we should trust that Yoshida knows what he's doing!
If you DC you still get XP. I've been watching Towelliee play and all he is doing is pvp and he is lvl 64. He gets dc'd all the time but when you login you still get the xp even if you do nothing lol

studyguy

SB literally can't do worse than 1.0's launch, sorry. Nothing can top that considering 1.0's launch bsod my gpu a few times and nothing worked at all.

Anyway, home soon so I expect to have a ton of fun with you guys.

Bowlie

Banned
So how do you unlock the second mount speed upgrade?

It's already unlocked. For upgrades in 2.0 areas, go to the Hunt Billmaster in your Grand Company HQ and buy an upgrade for each region (Middle La Noscea, Outer La Noscea, etc.) for 250 Allied Seals.

For 3.0 areas, go to the Forgotten Knight in Foundation and buy an upgrade for each region (Sea of Clouds, Azys Lla) for 250 Centurio Seals.

It's already unlocked. For upgrades in 2.0 areas, go to the Hunt Billmaster in your Grand Company HQ and buy an upgrade for each region (Middle La Noscea, Outer La Noscea, etc.) for 250 Allied Seals.

For 3.0 areas, go to the Forgotten Knight in Foundation and buy an upgrade for each region (Sea of Clouds, Azys Lla) for 250 Centurio Seals.

Oh so I have to farm seals to unlock them?

febLey

F*ck Raubahn, I think I hate him now. Playing since Launch and haven't had a chance to start the quest.

Final Waitasy XIV - StormBahn

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know, with both Matsuno and Yoshida working hard on Stormblood, and with all the effort and money and time going into fixing these Day -3 issues, it could well be that FFXIV 4.0 is the earliest we will ever get to seeing a smooth FFXIV launch. I hope they actually get if off the ground eventually. I'll like to play it.

Moaradin

finalbossa0ufo.jpg

Marcel

You know, with both Matsuno and Yoshida working hard on Stormblood, and with all the effort and money and time going into fixing these Day -3 issues, it could well be that FFXIV 4.0 is the earliest we will ever get to seeing a smooth FFXIV launch. I hope they actually get if off the ground eventually. I'll like to play it.

I'll take Heavensward's login issues over not being able to play content I paid for in Stormblood due to poor quest design on the part of the development team.

Condom

Hey guys, just booted up the game and skipped through some messages that seem to be important. It said something about being in a defensive mode and now I can't select some of my abilities and have a crimson shield like logo in the right upper part of my HUD.

Playing as a Paladin btw, abilities like provoke can't be used.

Caim

Hey guys, just booted up the game and skipped through some messages that seem to be important. It said something about being in a defensive mode and now I can't select some of my abilities and have a crimson shield like logo in the right upper part of my HUD.

Playing as a Paladin btw, abilities like provoke can't be used.

You probably need to put provoke back in your hotbar because the cross class system has been revamped entirely. The color of the gauge you have is based on which Oath mode you're in.

iammeiam

Yeah, I noticed some missing HW nodes earlier...

Perhaps a tear in the space-time continuum will fix things!

Edit: or maybe I tried this and it's what is causing the issues! D:

Oh god.

Omega: The Bend of Time

Sorting out what caused the launch problems is the raid. IT ALL MAKES SENSE.

"Broil Mastery" and "Corruption Mastery" make the buttons change as you level. If you level sync down to something that doesn't have Broil/Bio2 the buttons will automatically go back. They did this to pretty much anything that they decided was a replacement of an earlier skill (Broil will auto-become Broil II at some point).

But yeah, it means the loss of a DoT.

That explains it. Thanks a lot. Gonna be strange not casting Bio 1 anymore.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I 90002'd on level 60 RDM.

Well played, S-E.

iammeiam

Honestly the most amazing thing about it is Cold Steel is just kind of a generic fight that probably wouldn't have been remembered without this.

The one after is actually pretty interesting (even as somebody who doesn't care about any of this!), but Cold Steel itself is just anticlimactic af.

Wait a second, where is the enmity reducer for bard?

It's built into Tactician and Refresh role slots; we don't get Quelling, we get basically Shroud tying our enmity reductions into our resource regen. Which has a lot of weird implications.

Top Bottom