• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

CONSPIRACY THEORY TOP OF PAGE WOOOOOO

I did see around 5-6 people completing it with me

After that i saw liek 1 other person usually finishing similar quests after that

See I can't believe a 'normal' number of people are getting into that instance at this point. There should be more? like... even allowing three instances that's still all of 15-20 people per server getting through at roughly the same time? That's just so incredibly low.

I forgot I had Monk at 54. I want to get it to 60 just in case it effects the story in SB. Do I just do floors 51-60 of potd over and over? I've heard pvp exp is good, but is that only for 60-70 or is it good for 50-60 too?

aceface

So not being able to click cards off on AST: intentional (stealth) nerf or just "they didn't think this through"?

Teknoman: Yes, that's correct.

wamberz1

Just beat Susano.

Did I seriously just do a fucking cup game? I can't wait to see what happens for that mechanic in the extreme version.

Think I'm gonna call it there for tonight. Hopefully I can make it to the next primal by tomorrow.

iammeiam

So not being able to click cards off on AST: intentional (stealth) nerf or just "they didn't think this through"?

Teknoman: Yes, that's correct.

If you go into job actions, AST has Undraw now to handle bad draws. It'll turn into the lord/lady thing later, but there is a way to get rid of a bad shuffle result.

Spread/Royal Road? I can't decide; Undraw means they thought about it, but I wonder if they realized how annoying Sleeve Draw would get. So far the expansion feels like a bullet list of reasons they should figure out how to get a test server running before 5.0.

Reszo

Well..... :D
VPXJi0b.jpg

does this actually work? because everyone on diabolos is standing right on top of raubahn lol

Lmao people keep leading the tree monsters over and giving everyone heavy lol

mileS

So 4k ps4 pro mode does more than resolution? People are saying better draw distance, more foliage and better effects.

Sooooo people with 1080p displays are locked out of this on top of no downsampling. That is quite broken. Knowing SE's track record we may never get a fix. Fun fun.

this is going to suck doing story content at low levels

over an hour for bowl of embers and still I'm the only one matched so far.......fuck

iammeiam

Midgardsomr

Aether Datacenter then. Sorry, I'm on Primal and can't help. You can try putting a PF up asking for somebody to run you through? One level 50+ person can get you in unsynced and just kill it so you can continue on the with the story. There are probably few people queueing up for it right now, but PF might be helpful.

Aether Datacenter then. Sorry, I'm on Primal and can't help. You can try putting a PF up asking for somebody to run you through? One level 50+ person can get you in unsynced and just kill it so you can continue on the with the story.

yes, with how fast leveling is atm...im like 24 and don't remember it being this beast lol. that level 30 ring does work.

I'll try a PF and see what happens

Got to 55 RDM but the servers (specifically Im on Gilgamesh) got too fucked up to keep going. PotD? Booted. Fates? Booted. Leveling Dungeons? Booted. Just not worth trying right now.

Aether Datacenter then. Sorry, I'm on Primal and can't help. You can try putting a PF up asking for somebody to run you through? One level 50+ person can get you in unsynced and just kill it so you can continue on the with the story. There are probably few people queueing up for it right now, but PF might be helpful.

sure enough.....within 2 minutes someone joins and smokes ifrit.....wow, why didn't i do that first lol

CLBridges

Got my Bard to level 63, did job quest, now time to rest. It's amazing how quickly the day goes by when your immersed. I've run the first SB dungeon a couple of times and it's cool. With decent dps you can finish it pretty quickly. Good for grinding at least.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Oh hey, nothing changed since yesterday with that solo instance.
And now it's 10 am in Japan, so it's going to get even worse...

Time to play some other game until they figure it out.

iammeiam

Continued adventures of Not Doing The Expansion:

Dinked around on WHM a bit; the media tour information mentioned lilies only generated when HP was actually healed, and this also seems to be the case in live. Cure 2 is 100% lily proc unless the target is at full HP; at full HP it is 0% proc rate.

Noting it mostly because it kills being able to dump MP during jumps or something to pre-stack lilies, and if you have a 3x Cure 2 thing planned for lily generation and you hit some crits, the third one might do nothing.

Not substantial either way but, you know, science.

SB bard is... like... exactly what they should have done in HW. It manages to capture the ARR era juggling things pretty well without being overly complex/hard to understand. It's also actually a full job at 60, which is nice.

Also I tentatively really like Bard in PVP now; the song you have up controls your access to Perfect Pitch/Barrage/Bloodletter; keeps things streamlined and encourages you to treat each song's procs differently. I have no idea how useful I'm being, but flipping Paeon on and Barrage EA'ing dudes running away is G R E A T.

klee123

Launch woes again......

Game is congested as fuck. Can't even get in now and if even if I can, I can't even get into any instances.....

*back to Persona 5*

Qvoth

speed enhancement being tied to hunt seals is lame, but at least i managed buy all for ARR areas
hopefully can get pass raubahn today

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm out at a brewery eating and drinking but I want to red mage. I am the GAF meme

dramatis

Continued adventures of Not Doing The Expansion:

Dinked around on WHM a bit; the media tour information mentioned lilies only generated when HP was actually healed, and this also seems to be the case in live. Cure 2 is 100% lily proc unless the target is at full HP; at full HP it is 0% proc rate.

Noting it mostly because it kills being able to dump MP during jumps or something to pre-stack lilies, and if you have a 3x Cure 2 thing planned for lily generation and you hit some crits, the third one might do nothing.
You can only proc a lily if you are in combat. Cure 2 without aggro doesn't do anything either.

jtan

Finally get on. Try to do the second dungeon tam Tara I think, and it crashes once we load in lol TT_TT Now on a queue to get back in to the world.

iammeiam

Definitely seeing more dudes around.

You can only proc a lily if you are in combat. Cure 2 without aggro doesn't do anything either.

Yeah; I think most of the build/spend meters only activate their builds in combat. I used Fluid Aura to knock a mob away and cure2 bomb myself before he came back to hit me to check and make sure full-HP in combat was still no lilies as part of my nolife dinking around.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Get through a 500 person queue...

And now I have a 635 person queue.

Once again, Square Enix, and especially YoshiP, go fuck yourselves with a rusty nail.

LordKasual

Banned
One thing i will say about WHM is that Stone III seems to be inexpensive as hell manawise now

It used to cost a grip if you spammed it

It sounds like they've worked things out to allow people who can stay connected to the servers to get through the solo instance, but the servers are still unstable enough to cause disconnections.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Seems like they just opened the floodgates lol because now Rhalgr's Reach is disconnecting people left and right

Top Bottom