• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

iammeiam

Story mission "The Time between the Seconds" is now having the same problem as Cold Steel.

It's a congestion problem; it's going to happen to any solo story instance that crosses the mystery congestion threshold, and they're pretty frequent throughout the story. It's why Pipin was error-free until a bunch of people got past Raubahn. It's part of why the "wait it out" response is so awful.

Everyone getting leveled up before getting past Cold Steel is going to ultimately make it worse, because there's the potential people won't even be broken up by dungeon grinds for XP if they're all overleveled already.

Whoa, that is the error I ended up getting after I got back in after getting booted out of the Raubahn instance. The crash was so bad that I had to log out of my account for my Laptop and reset everything.

I tried logging into the game again, tried getting into Raubahn's instance a few times, and got the same error again. I have never, ever seen an error like that but I essentially called it a day after getting those errors back to back.

Is this a common problem people are seeing? I've been trying to figure out if I had some sort of hardware or driver problem with my PC for the past couple of days after seeing these things.

Sometimes (maybe due to the way memory gets cached by Windows?) I have to reboot the PC to get the game to work again.

Berordn

I was hoping to jump in and finish up ARR and HW's content but now I've hit the instance bug on the ARR postgame quest slog.

This is really awful.

So I was in Mor Dhona doing the SMN 60 quest (and died, poison + no titan = me dead) and I go to warp back in but as soon as I load into Revenant's Toll I get a Direct X error and now loading up I also get it. Is this the same as people are getting post Susano-o?

1Zmjbz6.png

4DGtPPZ.png
Can confirm that's the Susanoo shit

iammeiam

So I was in Mor Dhona doing the SMN 60 quest (and died, poison + no titan = me dead) and I go to warp back in but as soon as I load into Revenant's Toll I get a Direct X error and now loading up I also get it. Is this the same as people are getting post Susano-o?

1Zmjbz6.png

4DGtPPZ.png

FWIW, the guy in my static disabled DX11 on his Game Configuration screen and is able to get back in.
I have no idea if people with the Susano issue have tried that or anything, but it's worth trying

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

1Zmjbz6.png

4DGtPPZ.png

Can confirm that's the Susanoo shit

But the lvl 60 SMN quest isn't an instanced event. It's just spawning mobs in the zone...

That problem is spreading.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Interesting. I shared the above solution in my LS and someone mentioned that they often have DX11 errors and have to temporarily turn it off.

KuroNeeko

Just hit 3.0 last night and unlocked the three new jobs.

Really in NO hurry to go through HW just to reach SB, but I would like to take crafting to Max. Is it possible to raise an omnicrafter / gatherer to 70 without completing HW, or do I need to finish HW first?

Edit: ah, a gatherer would be impossible without the new areas...lol

Just hit 3.0 last night and unlocked the three new jobs.

Really in NO hurry to go through HW just to reach SB, but I would like to take crafting to Max. Is it possible to raise an omnicrafter / gatherer to 70 without completing HW, or do I need to finish HW first?

Edit: ah, a gatherer would be impossible without the new areas...lol

Theoretically you could just keep grinding HW nodes to get gatherers to 70, but it'll probably take you a while!

Matriox

Just applied to the guild. Been playing this game on and off solo far too long, figured it might be fun.

EDIT: So I'm trying a new class.. My only high level was a white mage, not looking forward to playing that anymore. Trying archer to be a bard and the level 10 class quest seems to be bugged on the archery targets. Any suggestions?

EDIT2: Im a dumbass. I got it.

Going to dive back in to the expansion, most likely stick with my paladin main. I'll try samurai as well, but I get spoiled by the instant tank queues and struggle to play DPS classes.

Two questions:
1) Did they reduce the overall number of skills? I never had any issues with paladin, but my hotbars got bloated when I played Dark Knight.

2) Any limitations to me tanking end game content on a PS4 controller? I can pick this up on PC, but my rig is ancient and I prefer gaming on the console. Should I setup a wireless keyboard and mouse instead?

Omni

Going to dive back in to the expansion, most likely stick with my paladin main. I'll try samurai as well, but I get spoiled by the instant tank queues and struggle to play DPS classes.

Two questions:
1) Did they reduce the overall number of skills? I never had any issues with paladin, but my hotbars got bloated when I played Dark Knight.

2) Any limitations to me tanking end game content on a PS4 controller? I can pick this up on PC, but my rig is ancient and I prefer gaming on the console. Should I setup a wireless keyboard and mouse instead?

Seems to be about the same, honestly. Well at level 70 anyway.

Controller support in this game is very well done. No limitations that I can think of. Just make sure to set up your hotbar shortcuts and stuff accordingly.

Okay so. You know samurai? Well when it gets to 62 it becomes a whole new thing.

Be still my beating heart. So much kenki. SAM is gonna get nerfed.

iammeiam

Interesting. I shared the above solution in my LS and someone mentioned that they often have DX11 errors and have to temporarily turn it off.

They mentioned that they thought the fix for this would require a new build of the application, and technically the dx9 is a separate executable so seemed worth trying.

Literally no idea what would trigger it but I'm happy it did a thing

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
They mentioned that they thought the fix for this would require a new build of the application, and technically the dx9 is a separate executable so seemed worth trying.

They said that reinstalling the game wouldn't help because it's not that the data is broken. If using the DX9 build actually solves the problem (need more data!), I guess it shouldn't happen on the PS4 and you could use that version to "fix" your character if you have it and DX9 is not enough?

Zomba13

FWIW, the guy in my static disabled DX11 on his Game Configuration screen and is able to get back in.
I have no idea if people with the Susano issue have tried that or anything, but it's worth trying

This worked for me.

And yeah, the SMN quest isn't an instance (just a spawned mob) but I wasn't even there when I got the issue. I was just at the aetheryte in Revnant's Toll so not sure what was going on there. Maybe a new ability has an effect that is causing issues and that same effect is used in the Susano-o cutscene?

I decided to help my friend through some HW content with DRK so he could get that short queue time. Holy hell what did they do to it? They've basically simplified it, and not in a fun way at all. And MP management (while I do admit, this isn't the full lv70 DRK, so no blackblood stuff) feels nonexistent. Siphon Strike has a dark arts now which is messing me up a bit.
All tanks seemed to get a big nerf on their ability to self heal, which I'm not a huge fan off.

I dunno, I'm really not a fan of the changes they made to DRK.

Got RDM to lv59. So far I've enjoyed that quest line.
It feels like a well done 50-60 DRK, though the reason DRK sucks is because 30-50 is amazing. The RDM level 56 instance is rather cool.

Still torn on what to use in Stormblood. I've been on Odin so actually I've got nothing stopping me from progressing. I'll probably end up sticking with Monk. And I'll grind Dark Knight and Red Mage on the side.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Any one in the FC who's unlocked flying in the Fringe and has a 2 seated mount willing to fly me over to the crystal on the other side of the bridge?

Assuming I can get back into the stupid game, that is.

iammeiam

They said that reinstalling the game wouldn't help because it's not that the data is broken. If using the DX9 build actually solves the problem (need more data!), I guess it shouldn't happen on the PS4 and you could use that version to "fix" your character if you have it and DX9 is not enough?

Right, not reinstalling but an actual new version of the application would need to be released in their explanation.

If whatever's happening is triggering something DX11-specific causing an error maybe? If it's actually just something that is a bug that got fixed in one version and not the other, it would depend on what's in the PS4 version?

I just like trying random things that kind of make sense and kind of don't

I feel like switching on either the culling or Level of Detail Graphics settings may have alleviated the problem for me, but I haven't played enough with those on to be sure.

The one that does the culling is really annoying though since you can see things blink into existence sometimes

Tentative measures for addressing disconnection from servers when logging in:

We have confirmed that the issue from yesterday wherein for some characters, error 90006 and 90002 are displayed when logging into the Gaia data center and users cannot log in for a while, is also occurring on Aether/Primal data centers, so we have taken the same tentative measures.

Some time will be required to investigate the cause and address the issue completely, so we will continue to monitor the situation and quickly implement tentative measures when we confirm that this issue has occurred.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing and thank you for your understanding.

Reszo

So do the people that are spamming the npc to get into the instance have a chance to get in or is nobody getting in?

Bowlie

Banned
So do the people that are spamming the npc to get into the instance have a chance to get in or is nobody getting in?

They do, but it's a very very very small chance. Some people are trying over 10 hours and not getting in, others tried for 10 minutes and moved forward.

Aeana

Story mission "The Time between the Seconds" is now having the same problem as Cold Steel.
Which one is this again?

Is that the
Yugiri one
? If so, the issue with that one was the same one that was affecting the regular instances...and it should be fine now.

Welp, I now have the 90002 error. I can't log in. :(

Just started happening to me too. Got booted trying to get into an instance, and haven't been able to get back in since.

:edit:
If you were trying to enter an instance, then you'll get 90002 for basically as long as the time limit is on the instance you were trying to enter... it's lame.

That's an odd decision. Whelp, might call it for the night then.

IvorB

Man, what a messy launch. HW was so smooth. Luckily I haven't been affected that much yet. Did the first dungeon and got to Kugane. Kugane is gorgeous. I can't stop dipping back into red mage though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Whelp. Was having no issues all day, but now I'm getting disconnect errors in POTD.

butts

iammeiam

Can't stay connected for more than two minutes on Leviathan without getting 90k'd right now.

Levi's been okay for me.No issues staying connected once in; able to get into and out of Lakshmi without issue, too, even though it involves The Fringe which I just assumed would be death.

KuroNeeko

I unlocked the class today and it was more fun than I thought. How are you guys liking it in 4.0? Is it still on par with Bard? Is the ammo mechanic fun or a nuisance?

AgeEighty

I don't understand how so many of you have gotten past Raubahn. I spent literally 12 hours hammering away at him today, starting at 5 am, and never even sniffed the inside of that instance.

Top Bottom