• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

B.K.

I tried the new PVP today. It had two sets of combos for PLD actions. When I use one ability, I can use the other from the same button when GCD is up, and then I can use the third from the same button when GCD is up again. Can something like that be done with macros with PVE abilities? It would really help cut down on all the abilities on the cross bars.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I am liking Red Mage more and more as I play it. Usually I get tired of POTD on other jobs quickly but today I am just busting through and having fun.

Luminaire

Oh? I haven't even seen her yet cause Pipin.

I like her quite a bit. Her voice actress does a great job getting her character across.

I tried the new PVP today. It had two sets of combos for PLD actions. When I use one ability, I can use the other from the same button when GCD is up, and then I can use the third from the same button when GCD is up again. Can something like that be done with macros with PVE abilities? It would really help cut down on all the abilities on the cross bars.

The dev team said they won't do this for PVE due to branching combos. PVP is focused on mobility, quickly reacting to rapidly changing situations, constantly adjusting. PVE is more about strategy, rotations, long term battles that don't have you running across entire battlefields or retreating.

EDIT: I see your macro comment, I skipped over it for some reason.

There are ways to make 'transforming' hotbars that may due this, but there would be a lag/delay likely.

Well shit. I barely touched Heavensward when it was released so I thought I might be safe from any of these MSQ issues I'm reading about, but I just ran into a Level 51 or 52 quest that disconnected me after a prolonged black screen. Logged back in after a 10 minute queue and it immediately disconnected again.
Blah.

KanameYuuki

Welp, I just can't take it anymore, I'm going to move to a server that doesn't have 3k people queues, time to search for a new place.

If anyone has any suggestions on Aether data center I would love to know.

Sephirus

Got D/C'd as I was loading into a PoTD run, now I get d/c'd every time I get past the queue on Ultros. I think I'm done for tonight...

iammeiam

Got into the 67 dungeon. Was a little scared because long load, but it worked out.

If this is what they meant about dungeons getting harder in the back half, I'm interested. They definitely seem to be better than the first set, but at the same time either I'm mentally thinking they're harder than they're going to be long-term/if people are in better gear due to giant def/mdef bumps or they're going to be really interesting over the next few months.

Also because I was yelling it during the fight: WHO PUTS THE A8S
CHARKAM DODGE
IN A DUNGEON??

I'm not supposed to have to positioning awareness in dungeons... It was fun but not the realm of what I was expecting.

I feel like maybe I should stop doing sidequests.

I'm level 64, close to 65, and I'm still doing level 63 stuff.

Though, I thought I should have stopped doing sidequests in HW as well, and I just barely squeaked by on exp to level to 60, so...

Gojeran

Went and finished ARR 2.0 MSQ and then tried again to access my lv 50 warrior instance. 90K disconnect and now in 1100 queue. Simply stunning.

Luminaire

I feel like maybe I should stop doing sidequests.

I'm level 64, close to 65, and I'm still doing level 63 stuff.

Though, I thought I should have stopped doing sidequests in HW as well, and I just barely squeaked by on exp to level to 60, so...

Same here, wondering if I should save some for others classes...

iammeiam

Dammit... got greedy and tried to do the 66 solo instance... got slammed.
Time to go for a walk, I guess.

Level 67 solo instance is back in The Fringes. This is going about as well as you'd expect.

Although I think it's still the more generic "servers are dying" thing and not the Pipinban infiniclick problem.

Kremzeek

WTF I just went into the Aquapolis and we were still level synced!?

The patch notes said they took out level sync for treasure map dungeons!......?

We were synced down to 180, and so the 2 of us got destroyed.

n7pIhF.png

Buckle

Can't even log in right now.

So close to getting RDM to 60. So close.

Glad I didn't plan to jump into the new story content right away though, seems like all the instance blocking going on due to server shenanigans would have drove me crazy.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Has there been a confirmation if skipping cutscenes after that problematic Trial makes the chance of not being locked out of your account higher?
After getting past Cold Steel I've had 0 problems and I was watching every single cutscene, but if it's actually dangerous in that case, I'm totally fine with skipping it.

Aeana

Has there been a confirmation if skipping cutscenes after that problematic Trial makes the chance of not being locked out of your account higher?
After getting past Cold Steel I've had 0 problems and I was watching every single cutscene, but if it's actually dangerous in that case, I'm totally fine with skipping it.

It's hard to confirm either way since we don't know the cause. I personally jammed skip and didn't get the bug, but I'm not sure if I would've gotten it otherwise or not. Since it's a directx error, though, I wonder if it doesn't happen on PS4.

I played the game for a month at the initial release and am thinking about jumping back in. Do I just need Stormblood and a month's subscription to get started? Also do folks think it would be better to start a new character due to my time away from the game?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's hard to confirm either way since we don't know the cause. I personally jammed skip and didn't get the bug, but I'm not sure if I would've gotten it otherwise or not.
I thought that maybe there has been another reply from the devs clarifying the problem a bit more while I was asleep, but if it's all one big unknown, I guess I'll skip it too...

Zomba13

So I was in Mor Dhona doing the SMN 60 quest (and died, poison + no titan = me dead) and I go to warp back in but as soon as I load into Revenant's Toll I get a Direct X error and now loading up I also get it. Is this the same as people are getting post Susano-o?

1Zmjbz6.png

4DGtPPZ.png

iammeiam

So I was in Mor Dhona doing the SMN 60 quest (and died, poison + no titan = me dead) and I go to warp back in but as soon as I load into Revenant's Toll I get a Direct X error and now loading up I also get it. Is this the same as people are getting post Susano-o?

1Zmjbz6.png

4DGtPPZ.png

I don't know if it's the same as Susano, but it looks a hell of a lot like what somebody in my raid group started getting ~30 minutes ago after a Raubahn 90k and is getting on subsequent login attempts.Trying to find Susano screenshots, because if it's spreading it's bad.

edit: fuck it, I don't know what's happening but if switching to dx9 is safer I'ma do that

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't know if it's the same as Susano, but it looks a hell of a lot like what somebody in my raid group started getting ~30 minutes ago after a Raubahn 90k and is getting on subsequent login attempts.Trying to find Susano screenshots, because if it's spreading it's bad.
That looks like the error from the original Japanese report from the OF:
「ファイナルファンタジーXIV」でエラーが発生したため終了しました。

ffxiv_dx11.exe+58DEFA
ffxiv_dx11.exe+58B82F
ffxiv_dx11.exe+92C639
ffxiv_dx11.exe+92BAFC
ffxiv_dx11.exe+8B83B1
ffxiv_dx11.exe+8B9322
ffxiv_dx11.exe+901D3D
ffxiv_dx11.exe+5B00D1

MechaX

1Zmjbz6.png

4DGtPPZ.png

Whoa, that is the error I ended up getting after I got back in after getting booted out of the Raubahn instance. The crash was so bad that I had to log out of my account for my Laptop and reset everything.

I tried logging into the game again, tried getting into Raubahn's instance a few times, and got the same error again. I have never, ever seen an error like that but I essentially called it a day after getting those errors back to back.

Top Bottom