• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

Bladenic

There'll be more party members. Right now we only have five members of Team Noctbro, and we've never actually seen Cor fight. For all we know, he could die an hour into the game.

Stella will likely join the team at some point, and I'm sure Noctis will pick up more people (and lose some) along the way. There's no way the party will be the same five guys for the entire story.

Don't even joke about that :'( Cor can't die.

Zoe

Lord of the Rings and Gears of War did it mostly, so no not really. I generally prefer more balanced JRPG teams gender-wise anyway, but they probably do have characters yet to be unveiled that are party members.

To people who mostly stick to JRPG's, it is different.

Tomodachi

Lord of the Rings and Gears of War did it mostly, so no not really. I generally prefer more balanced JRPG teams gender-wise anyway, but they probably do have characters yet to be unveiled that are party members.
Pretty sure he didn't mean "unique" when he said "different".

Soriku

In JRPGs I mean.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yes. It's annoying to see this 'series of similar posts' when people just need to stop for a moment (just a brief moment; not asking for much) and realize there's a lot yet to be shown about this game.... like I said.

Since you seem to be the expert on 'calm' I'll just defer to you in the future to gage the tonal pulse on the community. Deal?

I don't understand why you're having this type of attitude at all when I simply asked you to calm down. If it's annoying you don't respond to it. Simple as that. You're making something a bigger deal than it really is. Not only that but you're shutting down an entire topic of discussion to those who truly perceive the game to be somewhat male-focused. If you don't want variety or whatnot, the door's right behind you.

Kikarian

As party members? Who?
51b7a686_Final-Fantasy-XV-Stella.png

51b7a87d_Final-Fantasy-XV-Unknown-6.png

I am late and this thread is already too large for me to read in its entirety, so I apologize if this joke is already made (fear my two minute photoshop skills):

xfnfVIG.png

Voror

Hood guy's hairstyle is a little too bishounen-y to be Stella's father, considering how (awesomely) old Regis looks. Not to mention the brief glimpse we see of his face looks fairly young.

I really do think it's Stella's older brother. It just makes too much sense with the Hamlet connection and hood guy being positioned as Noctis' rival.

I really like Regis as well, though he looks a bit wacked out with the red eyes and wild hair. Maybe the crystal has some negative effects?

Calling that as well. As soon as I noticed he was blonde and thought on the Shakespeare parallels, him being her brother sprang to me. He'd be the counterpart to Ophelia's brother in sense then and probably the closest thing Noctis could have to a rival.

Anyway, interesting to a degree with most of the currently known party being Noctis' close friends though we knew this already.

Cor seems either likely to die or to be a traitor. Or Gladiolus perhaps. What would be interesting to know is what the betrayal would be about. I'd be a bit disappointed if Niflheim was largely super evil in their reasoning like conquering all, so wondering if there's some other motive behind taking the crystal.

I want to know more about the black haired girl. I can't even see her full design, but I believe I like it.

Stella is just a downgrade looking back now. She looks too young and there's something off about her eyes I think.

Don't even joke about that :'( Cor can't die.

I'm getting a serious Lord Vossler vibe off of Cor so far. Design, personality and role in the group. I may be totally off-target with this theory, but I really feel like he's the number one candidate for a betrayal or a death in the story's first act. Prompto may also die, but his death will come much later.

I don't understand why you're having this type of attitude at all when I simply asked you to calm down. If it's annoying you don't respond to it. Simple as that. You're making something a bigger deal than it really is. Not only that but you're shutting down an entire topic of discussion to those who truly perceive the game to be somewhat male-focused. If you don't want variety or whatnot, the door's right behind you.

You give me too much credit. I'm not 'shutting down' shit... and my point seems to be going so far over your head you're making me feel like a goddamn astronaut.
I have the tendency to post aggressively. So what?

This is a forum- and this is a series that means a lot to me- so you can bet your ass I'm going to voice my opinion when I feel strongly about something. If I feel like people are being dense, I'm going to express that. If you feel I'm being mean or over-exaggerated, you have the right to express that too (as you have), and the mods have the ability to warn me/ban me if they feel I'm taking it to far.

I made my initial post. You seem to be the only one responding to it. I'd love for people that are expressing fears/concerns (i.e. every question example I brought up) expand on why they are worried when there is still so much time between now and release & loads of information for S-E to drop on us.

Now if you want to continue our little bitch-fit, let's take it to PMs, unless you just need to have the last word.
As you can see, I'm also trying to have an actual discussion about what we have seen.

jorgeton

I like the Latin names. Bromance the RPG.

Also hope they go for a mix of British and American accents like in FF12.

I also like how much info we're getting about the game. We have a couple of gameplay videos and a partial cast list already. Good job, SE. More transparency equals a happier fan base.

i-Lo

The flaws in skin texture is no un-FF like. Perhaps this is a sign of progress. Still they're all pretty boys.

Prax

Why do they all have red souls on their feet?
I think the red looks really stylish and nice visually. They have a whole.. muted colours + red graphic design kind of thing going on with the game.

Also, I think all the characters looks vaguely Japanese, which seems about right as they seemed to be modelled after Japanese ideals in aesthetics and anime/manga designs in general. XD

OceanBlue

Who knows? Not us. So why make declarative statements on who is in and out?

Well, the person was asking for party members. Anyway, everyone's right that it's possible that there might be girls in your party, there might not be, and that the only thing we know is that the 5 party members revealed so far are all male.

anaron

I'm so pleased Nomura returned to the more realistic human renders of his earlier stuff.

The skin has blemishes again! :eek:

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would, Would not, Would, Would, Would not.

Now bring on the waifus.

Well, the person was asking for party members. Anyway, everyone's right that it's possible that there might be girls in your party, and there might not be.

weren't Vaan and Penelo shoehorned into FFXII fairly deep into development?

Even if Nomura had no intention of having any female party members, it wouldn't surprise me if S-E insists that some are added for variety.
I know, I know - different circumstances/different management now, but it's still possible.

Regardless, I think there will be some; either central party members or brief controllable characters (i.e. Laguna/Kiros/Ward from VIII).

UrbanRats

That heroin addict skin complexion on some characters looks really silly and out of place.

So they were going for the "Japanese Host Club Glamour" style (hence why all the characters look so similar, btw) but then they add a weird Silent Hill looking layer to some of the characters' skin? I don't know what they're going for, but it looks bad.

As a black man, I liked both Barret and Sazh.

:I
You are entitled to your opinion. :p

Actually i can't really talk about Sazh, since i've only seen parts of FFXIII and haven't played it.

That heroin addict skin complexion on some characters looks really silly and out of place.

So they were going for the "Japanese Host Club Glamour" style (hence why all the characters look so similar, btw) but then they add a weird Silent Hill looking layer to some of the characters' skin? I don't know what they're going for, but it looks bad.

What the fuck?

anaron

So they were going for the "Japanese Host Club Glamour" style (hence why all the characters look so similar, btw) but then they add a weird Silent Hill looking layer to some of the characters' skin? I don't know what they're going for, but it looks bad

What, you prefer creepy porcelain/plastic anime aesthetic?

This 'look' is the best Nomura has offered in years.

I'm a white man and they don't look that similar to me at all. :/

Actually i can't really talk about Sazh, since i've only seen parts of FFXIII and haven't played it.

Sazh is actually one of the best things about XIII.
Great character, honestly.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
weren't Vaan and Penelo shoehorned into FFXII fairly deep into development?
Even if Nomura had no intention of having any female party members, it wouldn't surprise me if S-E insists that some are added for variety.
I know, I know - different circumstances/different management now, but it's still possible.

Regardless, I think there will be some; either central party members or brief controllable characters (i.e. Laguna/Kiros/Ward from VIII).

They were not. The whole Basch being main thing was only at a conceptual period. Matsuno was ready to write the whole story of him becoming a sky pirate before he dropped out.

Top Bottom