• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
L1b1pn2.jpg

Nomura kinda looks like a little boy here who likes kawaii stuff.

Play as him? That dude is one of the main villains...

I don't think any of the old guys are going to be playable, honestly. Maybe King Regis for a very short amount of time or during a flashback, but I'm fairly certain he's gotta die fairly early in the story...
What you think is the "Main Villain" can become a friendly...

Edea and Golbez come to mind.

Replicant

Stella isn't from Niflheim though. She's from Tenebrae, a country that gets conquered by Niflheim when they go after its Crystal. She's probably being forced to work with them against her will.

But in that case I don't understand the Romeo/Juliet angle. She'd have no qualm in killing Nifheim or siding with Noctis.

Mario007

But in that case I don't understand the Romeo/Juliet angle. She'd have no qualm in killing Nifheim or siding with Noctis.
There's never been an officially confirmed Rome and Juliet angle. People just assume it because Nomura used one Shakespearean quote for the game and the fact that Noctis and Stella are seen fighting each other in one sceene.

Voror

Stella isn't from Niflheim though. She's from Tenebrae, a country that gets conquered by Niflheim when they go after its Crystal. She's probably being forced to work with them against her will.

Curious what the details are on that then such as whether they are forcing her or if there is some other factor to it. We don't really know much about the other kingdoms aside from Noctis', correct?

sappyday

Looking at it, it might be:

Top right corner seems to be where the Leviathan battle was going on.

It will only be my dream come true if all that is explorable. I seriously doubt it that it will be but imagine. Those places that are separated by water can be explored by swimming all the way there.

That would be amazing.

Stark

Banned
Yeah...dat GTA-like map!

Better quality:

Going by the small portion shown, it looks like a bunch of interiors are explorable, too.

It will only be my dream come true if all that is explorable. I seriously doubt it that it will be but imagine. Those places that are separated by water can be explored by swimming all the way there.

That would be amazing.

I think what they did is just expand on everything when transferring over to next gen. I'm sur there's some scale-factor, but after seeing how good The Division looked and how freaking big it was, you can go quite far.

I might be wrong, about it being the same since a lot of it looks like Vatican city, but it still looks like a mega-city, lol.

No, that place is where the battle with the military army happend. Remember the very first trailer?

Which, Leviathan battle or Lucis Kingdom? I dunno since Noct's assumed Kingdom had some European like architecture in the trailer, did it not?

yami4ct

OP list obviously missed the best character. 90% sure I heard Hiroaki Hirata's voice in that Sony trailer. Man, really hoping Sony finds a way to squeeze the Japanese VA into the English VA. If not.....I may have to take advantage of PS4 being region free. Solid voice cast all around.

Stark

Banned
Lucis kingdom. The last trailer they showed was that place in day/night time.

Ahh okay. So it was a mix of both locations. That's pretty neat though, both areas look massive.

that's INSANELY good.I assume the big marker on the map represents the airship you are hanging onto not Noctis himself.Cuz its kinda big relative to the map. :V

I think so. I don't think it's relative to the symbol, but he was going pretty fast, as well.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope this game is R-18. You know, nekkid stuff, gore, saying bad words all the time.

Stark

Banned
Really curious to know how much of this area is explorable cause that city seems to stretch really far off into the distance.

It already looked pretty big back in 2011. I wonder how large its gotten now. :eek: Surely you cannot enter every building.

Hopefully, someone asks about it.

jett

D-Member
Those high quality pics are making me doubt the veracity of the visuals. :lol It looks really good there, there's a CGI-like quality to the lighting.

HeelPower

I hope this game is R-18. You know, nekkid stuff, gore, saying bad words all the time.

No.Maturity =/= this stuff.I hope they manage to keep it classy.

Really curious to know how much of this area is explorable cause that city seems to stretch really far off into the distance.

Yeah it seems like you will be able to get really high up on top of buildings thanks to warp and airships as well.That's impressive.

I really like the new HUD. I hope they don't change it much.

Maybe a little bigger (or adjustable to taste)..It seems so hard to see in that size to me.

Shinta

Banned
Those high quality pics are making me doubt the veracity of the visuals. :lol It looks really good there, there's a CGI-like quality to the lighting.

Have faith Jett! I've seen you say it's CG a few times but I really think the game just looks that good!

Even Agni's Philosophy wasn't CG, and this isn't up to that level yet. Deep Down wasn't CG either.

XV is running on a PC though. I don't think they've ported it to either PS4 or Xbone yet.

Luminous, Panta Rhei, Fox Engine, I'd say Japan is back with a vengeance.

Top Bottom