• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

nomura is legit pretty

why do they both like horrible t shirts

That seems to be a game dev thing really.

So....if you put their names together then it became

NOJIMA :OOOOOOOO

tumblr_lm9xqmyYRk1qc48tao1_400.gif

ZiZ

dudebro? how is this dudebro? they're a bunch of pretty boys.

judging by his animation Prompto looks like he'll be the most feminine square character to date.

Stella=motherly Yuna/Terra type
Hime-cut=Sexy/older like Fang and Quistis
No little girl yet...unless that's what Prompto is for :\

denx

Man, I don't really care about Final Fantasy that much, but I'm actually kind of excited for this game. Maybe because it looks like a different and somewhat novel take on FF.

sappyday

IGN has this on their site.

Story:
Set in modern times but with a touch of medieval influences, the story focuses on Noctis Lucis Caelum, the prince of a dynasty which rules a city state that has the last remaining crystal. After the crystal is stolen by an invading nation, a global conflict ensues with all other nations wishing to gain it for themselves. Alongside the main protagonist, Noctis is joined by a military tactician Ignis Scienta, who can deftly handle a katana in battle, a melee fighter named Gladiolus Amicitia, gun-wielding Prompto Argentum, and head of the Royal Family Guards Cor Rionis.

Against this backdrop of a world at war, Noctis Lucis Caelum and his closest friends embark on an epic journey to try and get the crystal back.

Gameplay:
The gameplay is more action based instead of the traditional turn based or active time battle Final Fantasy is known for. It looks similar to the upcoming Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII battle system or Kingdom Hearts.
Like Kingdom Hearts, characters can perform actions like double jumps according to player input and move with great speed. [1] Nomura confirmed that there will be summon elements in the game. [2] Plus enemies will be tied to specific job-types like dragon knight or summoner.

True to Final Fantasy fashion, the world map is an open environment that the player is free to explore and roam about via a car, an airship, or a famed Chocobo. Players will also be able to ride Magitek Armor mechas

Development:
Game development began shortly before Final Fantasy XV was unveiled back in May 2006 under the previously known title of Final Fantasy Versus XIII, announced alongside Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Type-0. During E3 2013, Square Enix renamed it to Final Fantasy XV.

Directed by Tetsuya Nomura of Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy XV is currently being developed by Square Enix's First Production Development team. The story and characters were conceived by Tetsuya Nomura and written by Kazushige Nojima, with the Kingdom Hearts II team in charge of the in-game action and the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children crew handling the in-game cinematic scenes.

The original world and story concepts have continued as envisioned. The First Production Development team has expanded development to take full advantage of the next-gen consoles' capabilities to match enhanced action, gameplay and graphical fidelity of next-gen technology

A lot of it sounds like stuff we've known from the past but I don't know if they got confirmation if it's still in.

You don't move to more powerful hardware to cut things, so I'm gonna say not only in, but in and better than ever.

Look at me being optimistic about an SE game, I must have a death wish. I don't want to be a victim of fan death like kayos. :p

Apoc87

Banned
can anyone tell me if this will be more of an action game or more of an rpg?

not really a fan of rpgs, but this looks like something I can sink my teeth into if its heavy on the hacknslash side, and light on the rpg elements.

Stark

Banned
So I was right hopefully. They pretty much expanded all game design stuff. And yeah, you don't cut stuff when moving to better hardware.

not really a fan of rpgs, but this looks like something I can sink my teeth into if its heavy on the hacknslash side, and light on the rpg elements.

It's an action RPG, so it's both.

Apoptomon

Personally I like the designs of Ignis, Cor, and the dark-haired girl. I wonder what roles the other characters in that montage will play. I guess
King Caelum is not long for this world
if the crystal is stolen in the first act? Also, probably wrong thread to ask, but this looks like Kingdom Heats style gameplay. I've not played a KH game, what are they like? Otherwise I think I am looking forward to this one more than Lightning Returns.

Soriku

It's a main FF title. Still an RPG, just now it's an action RPG.

it's a final fantasy game with a more action oriented battle system.

Personally I like the designs of Ignis, Cor, and the dark-haired girl. I wonder what roles the other characters in that montage will play. I guess
if the crystal is stolen in the first act? Also, probably wrong thread to ask, but this looks like Kingdom Heats style gameplay. I've not played a KH game, what are they like? Otherwise I think I am looking forward to this one more than Lightning Returns.

I wouldn't look to closely at Kingdom Hearts as a reference, they're both action RPGs but this game looks very different.

As to what KH is like, they're...well...fun. Decently challenging on higher difficulties.

sappyday

Button mashers with little bit of depth and a lot of flashiness.

IGN has this on their site.

Story:
Against this backdrop of a world at war, Noctis Lucis Caelum and his closest friends embark on an epic journey to try and get the crystal back.

Gameplay:

Development:

A lot of it sounds like stuff we've known from the past but I don't know if they got confirmation if it's still in.

Yes! Epic journey is what FF is about. Not coming down from the clouds, finding a huge deserted plain, then going back to the clouds.

She tells him to stop worrying about her and go out and live his own life.

Eh, I get the impression that the little romance there is in the game starts with leaving her at the beginning, then going back to her at the very end.

Wazzy

Banned
I hope Ignis isn't evil. He's like my brown haired Zell. Already one of my favourite designs.

Ignoring clothing, this game is becoming one of my favourite for designs, it's giving me some VIII vibes which is my favourite. It's why I'm hoping there's some more females because I already like Stella's look and would love for more.

It could have a bit more diversity in race but I'm not gonna discredit the game and not play it especially since we don't know it there's more characters.

I hope Ignis isn't evil. He's like my brown haired Zell. Already one of my favourite designs.

Ignoring clothing, this game is becoming one of my favourite for designs, it's giving me some VIII vibes which is my favourite. It's why I'm hoping there's some more females because I already like Stella's look and would love for more.

It could have a bit more diversity in race but I'm not gonna discredit the game and not play it especially since we don't know it there's more characters.

Ignis is Noctis' second in command, and considering his lines in the last FMV trailer, probably the one most vengeful and hateful against Niflheim for what they did to Lucis. Ignis won't be the traitor, even if he is voiced by the same actor who plays Riku. Why do people get the impression he's evil?

I'd be more worried about Cor or Gladiolus turning on the party.

Voror

She tells him to stop worrying about her and go out and live his own life.

Thank you. Went back and realized I had seen those lines. Kind of sad really, but given the current situation her actions make a certain sort of sense. Given that scene in previous trailers where she seemed forced to fight him, she may have been fearing hurting him.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
how do they get this good quality?

Is there super high-res video on the web? The highest I have is one from gamersyde with french sub.
It's just the YouTube 1080p version.

edit: nvm, it's probably from a direct source. Has it hit PSN?

The old men in this game are SO epic.I cant get over this shot.I want to play as this guy and kick some butt.

Play as him? That dude is one of the main villains...

I don't think any of the old guys are going to be playable, honestly. Maybe King Regis for a very short amount of time or during a flashback, but I'm fairly certain he's gotta die fairly early in the story...

Voror

Pretty sure that dude is a villain. The soldiers behind him were shooting at Noctis.

I think he's either a general or perhaps even the king of Niflheim.

Play as him? That dude is one of the main villains...

I don't think any of the old guys are going to be playable, honestly. Maybe King Regis for a very short amount of time or during a flashback, but I'm fairly certain he's gotta die fairly early in the story...

They do mention him being on the lam so it could be he vanishes, though death is the more likely scenario. Or something worse perhaps.

Honestly, I could easily see Nomura doing a prequel with young Regis depending on how the story in this one shakes out.

Top Bottom