• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - Main characters and Japanese voice cast revealed

TheLight

That screenshot of Noctis' face in gameplay lacking some detail just hits home that that was in gameplay and that it is real. Holy shit so beautiful. Doubt Ill be looking at his face with all ofthis eye candy on screen.

sappyday

Stella seems to be the only relevant female character which is disappointing. The fact she isn't even on that list makes me worry she isn't even playable.

Still too little info. We don't know what bangs girl's role is in the story. We don't know the full cast and we don't know the rest of the playable characters.

raven777

Dunno, but is it possible to transfer from PS3 to PC?

yes. I put it on my PC and watched it.

some shots
Xx3rVGV.jpg

GvY0MHn.jpg

qcUWF2M.jpg

don't know how much it is better than youtube. Maybe just a bit.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess I meant main games without spin-offs/sequels. Great battle system though.

Sorry if it's late but technically, the entire party of FFI and FFIII (NES) can be all male and Warrior of Light and Onion Knight are depicted as male.

UrbanRats

Those high quality pics are making me doubt the veracity of the visuals. :lol It looks really good there, there's a CGI-like quality to the lighting.

Nomura said they build the game at the best quality possible and then "adapt it" (read: downport it) to various platforms.
I fear it won't look this good on PS4, let alone Xbone.
Maybe on PC, though.

Stark

Banned
Nomura said they build the game at the best quality possible and then "adapt it" (read: downport it) to various platforms.
I fear it won't look this good on PS4, let alone Xbone.
Maybe on PC, though.

Maybe not XONE, but I think it can transfer well enough to PS4. It doesn't look out of reach at all and things like The Division and Watch_Dogs give me quite a lot of hope.

Your probably right, lol.

Troy Baker
Yuri Lowenthal
Steve Blum
Nolan North
Johnny Yong Bosch(Aeana's favorite)

There you go.

The truth is hard to bare here. Ouch.

Is this "bros before hos" the game? I already see the fan fic coming..
I hope the raven haired angel in my avatar is important.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he is much better here

But maybe they changed him due to him being the Bad influence

Maybe they wanted him to be more crazy-like

I don't consider "boring and generic" better.

demidar

I don't see anything wrong with that list. There will probably be more party members who aren't male.

Famassu

She's being shown alongside main characters & kings in the trailer, of course she will have a big role. She won't be playable, I'm quite sure of that much (and neither will Stella be). I'm pretty sure that Noctis' friends will be all the playable characters this game will have, with maybe some (non-playable) guest characters joining your party at times.

UrbanRats

Maybe not XONE, but I think it can transfer well enough to PS4. It doesn't look out of reach at all and things like The Division and Watch_Dogs give me quite a lot of hope.

The Division actually looks better at times, but it's Ubi, so probably bullshit.
Watch Dogs doesn't looks nearly as good.

As always: Hope for the best; expect the worst.

Stark

Banned
The Division actually looks better at times, but it's Ubi, so probably bullshit.
Watch Dogs doesn't looks nearly as good.

As always: Hope for the best; expect the worst.

I dunno, I think Watch_Dogs has some great lighting. Keep in mind this was on a custom engine that used Luminous lighting since PS3 anyway so it has background.

Haly

I mean better looking

That's what I mean too.

Look at the old him. He's your typical animu/JRPG blondie prettyboy #2646. I've seen shitloads of those and don't really need another.

I can get behind that junkie, look though.

Can't stop watching the trailer every once in a while.

Yeah.

Also The Order to me, those character models and the detail on their clothes and weapons in the trailer look up there, even if it's hard to compare the size of the in-game environment since we haven't seen nearly as much of that game, so I guess it may not end up entirely be a good barometer.

Japanese use of pseudo-Latin is almost as hilarious as the best Engrish of the past. Those characters names don't make any utter sense, lol.

Haly

Japanese use of pseudo-Latin is almost as hilarious as the best Engrish of the past. Those characters names don't make any utter sense, lol.

It's certainly better than Rowling's faux-Latin, and I think most people didn't really give a crap about that.

WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Can somebody that knows more about the XV universe so far explain to me why Altair is in the character line-up?

I LOLed at that.

Not that this is surprising, since I've hated every mainline FF since 7 (and the last good one was Tactics), but boy is that cast powerfully bland. Whoever made that boy band joke and pic is spot-on, that was my first thought too.

Guess we'll still just have to cherish the memories of the good old days of colourful, memorable and diverse ensembles... ^^

Final Fantasy: Male Model Cycle activate.

I hope we don't have to use Noctis all the time. Ingis/Gladiolus/Cor FTW.

Prompto's old look was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. I'm not really fond of the tattoos they gave Gladiolus either.

I don't see anything wrong with that list. There will probably be more party members who aren't male.

Do you watch anime? Because the reason a lot of people are tired of these guys aren't a few action game grunts and 2 RPGs every 5 years. It's also that they are every other fucking Sasuke and Ichigo and goddamn Spike (who is awesome) but there hasn't been much new blood in the VA pool for a long while.

demidar

Do you watch anime? Because the reason a lot of people are tired of these guys aren't a few action game grunts and 2 RPGs every 5 years. It's also that they are every other fucking Sasuke and Ichigo and goddamn Spike (who is awesome) but there hasn't been much new blood in the VA pool for a long while.

Not really, but I can see why people would think they are overexposed. I watch with subs anyway.

I am all for new blood in voice acting, but voice acting seems like a club where everyone knows each other making it hard for a new guy to break in as they get passed over because a guy knows a guy.

Not really, but I can see why people would think they are overexposed. I watch with subs anyway.

I am all for new blood in voice acting, but voice acting seems like a club where everyone knows each other making it hard for a new guy to break in as they get passed over because a guy knows a guy.

It infamously is. Hard to break in, everyone already knows/ is married to everyone else and you have to be in either Vancouver, LA or Texas these days to get Video game/Anime work. There used to be a market in New York but...eh that ended not good.

Top Bottom