• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Do you guys know how long it takes to get from chapter 8 to 11? I'm currently at the point where I'm supposed to go to Cape Caem to board the boat or whatever.

2 Malboros, 2 Malborodooms. The former are a piece of piss. The latter are a pain in in the arse with the babies they spawn.

Still, job well done. A couple of high and mega potions, one megalixer (mostly out of laziness), one phoenix down and the monsters are dead. Nice to actually use some of the Mega Potions I have, I keep getting told that I'm full when I kill enemies, especially last week against the cactuars. Unfortunately, these guys are less rewarding for both EXP and AP, so I'll give it a miss. If there's anything I've learnt from these past two times quests, it's that I really need to get a fourth Ribbon. And that all AP will go towards the third accessory slots before anything else.

Interesting that, at least on my file, it says that it's active from Chapter 1 onwards when like the first one you can't actually get there from chapter 1. Maybe it means that we'll see hunts in
Altissia
or
Insomnia
. Maybe we'll return to places we only can get to once. Maybe my update's bugged and it's actually meant to be chapter 11, as mentioned earlier, and I'm overthinking things..

In any case, I might use my gil winnings to eat around and fill up Ignis' recipe list. Anything to avoid doing more of those sealed dungeons.

Or more likely I'll just avoid this game altogether until the next hunt and continue playing Zelda.

I will launch the game again on 14.03 when the 3rd Hunt drops.

What do I do with 1.5M Gil anyway? I have 99x of almost every consumable and most of ingredients.

2 Malboros, 2 Malborodooms. The former are a piece of piss. The latter are a pain in in the arse with the babies they spawn.

Still, job well done. A couple of high and mega potions, one megalixer (mostly out of laziness), one phoenix down and the monsters are dead. Nice to actually use some of the Mega Potions I have, I keep getting told that I'm full when I kill enemies, especially last week against the cactuars. Unfortunately, these guys are less rewarding for both EXP and AP, so I'll give it a miss. If there's anything I've learnt from these past two times quests, it's that I really need to get a fourth Ribbon. And that all AP will go towards the third accessory slots before anything else.

Interesting that, at least on my file, it says that it's active from Chapter 1 onwards when like the first one you can't actually get there from chapter 1. Maybe it means that we'll see hunts in
Altissia
or
Insomnia
. Maybe we'll return to places we only can get to once. Maybe my update's bugged and it's actually meant to be chapter 11, as mentioned earlier, and I'm overthinking things..

In any case, I might use my gil winnings to eat around and fill up Ignis' recipe list. Anything to avoid doing more of those sealed dungeons.

Or more likely I'll just avoid this game altogether until the next hunt and continue playing Zelda.

I think the Cactuar Timed Quest was only 333 AP as a reward with a bunch of EXP, whereas this new timed quest gives 500 AP though a little less EXP.

I think the Cactuar Timed Quest was only 333 AP as a reward with a bunch of EXP, whereas this new timed quest gives 500 AP though a little less EXP.
While that's true, between the skill for getting AP for warp kills, the ability for increased damage with close range warp strikes and the brand new super fancy Ragnarok sword, they were a decent enough source of AP while working on the EXP grind. Nowhere near the whistle trick, but two birds one stone and that. I only got enough to get from level 99 to 101, but I got a couple of hundred AP from killing the Cactus.

Yeah, so I take back what I said before about Ragnarok being weak. Shit is too strong. Like, it's so strong there's little reason to do anything but Warp Strike. It kind of ruins the game, actually.

Minamu

Yeah, so I take back what I said before about Ragnarok being weak. Shit is too strong. Like, it's so strong there's little reason to do anything but Warp Strike. It kind of ruins the game, actually.
Are you saying that the season pass contains items which are of an unnecessary nature and don't add any worthwhile content? :O ;)

Looking forward to the PAX Panel this weekend and seeing a little of the Gladiolus DLC. Hopefully they will give us a hint on some other future stuff too!

So the sword from the booster pack that is supposed to give you a huge advantage in battle...gives you a huge advantage!? :p

I mean, on the one hand, I'm glad that Ragnarok, which has traditionally been one of the strongest weapons of the series, is really strong. But on the other, Warp Strikes all day on everything.

h3ro

I mean, on the one hand, I'm glad that Ragnarok, which has traditionally been one of the strongest weapons of the series, is really strong. But on the other, Warp Strikes all day on everything.

Warp Strikes will be useless in certain cases and against certain enemies. With the right buffs/food, Ultima does just as much damage on initial approach WS as Ragnarok does but really lays it on in subsequent hits where Ragnarok can't match up at all.

Warp Strikes will be useless in certain cases and against certain enemies. With the right buffs/food, Ultima does just as much damage on initial approach WS as Ragnarok does but really lays it on in subsequent hits where Ragnarok can't match up at all.
That's only true because of the 9999 damage cap. Ragnarok's Warp Strike is so strong that it easily hits for 9999 even on flans and stuff, where Ultima Blade would be lucky to break into four figures.

Alastor3

Is there a list of future updates planned with date or approvimative date for my friend? He just bought the game and want to know when is there update that will rework the story at the end with come out.

edit: I just read that it's coming out the 28, is there any other relevant future updates in the future?

Spoilers Warning - Screenshot for
Gilgamesh in Episode Gladio

Credit goes to MisterMegative who is attending PAX.

k7Ok3Wb.jpg

So anyone gotten the bug where their party wont follow em? It's fucking annoying and it's been happening constantly the last few hours. At first I thought it was a fluke, but it seems the game stopped teleporting them back to me if they get stuck on bullshit

Vashetti

Banned
So anyone gotten the bug where their party wont follow em? It's fucking annoying and it's been happening constantly the last few hours. At first I thought it was a fluke, but it seems the game stopped teleporting them back to me if they get stuck on bullshit

Yup had it a few times on certain hunts. Very frustrating wailing on an enemy and hoping for support and then realising your party has glitched out.

The latest patch didn't change anything storywise right? I'm starting ch13 but really don't want to give up the 1.04 pro lite performance, it's really solid.

Minamu

I've had this happen quite a lot in the menace dungeons because a stupid fence locks them out of the combat zone :lol But they usually pop in before the fight is over.

Amon37

I'm chapter 12 and have a question.

is there anything better than the ultima blade?I've had it since like chapter 8 or 9

Minamu

is there anything better than the ultima blade?I've had it since like chapter 8 or 9
I can think of one off the top of my tongue but it comes super late, like end-end-game. I might've forgotten about something inbetween I suppose.

Sort of. The Ultima Blade is the best all-purpose sword, but the Balmung does better damage when you're at full MP (it's got seriously diminishing returns, though, which makes it hard to use if you're warp striking or dodging) and the Ragnarok is better for warp striking (and buffed so hard that you'll 1HKO a lot of stuff with warp strikes that you couldn't with the Ultima Blade).

And, of course, there are arguably better daggers and greatswords for pure DPS but they're less good for aerial combat and/or link strikes.

bigol

Do you think Episode Gladio and others like Episode Ignis and Episode Prompto will be incorporated to the main story or we will have to play them separately?

What is the status on the updates?

Bought it last week and I don't know exactly what changed from vanilla FFXV.

Also, a big update is coming right? I think it's going to change Chp13, can anyone explain why without spoilers?

ramyeon

Do you think Episode Gladio and others like Episode Ignis and Episode Prompto will be incorporated to the main story or we will have to play them separately?
I'm betting separately considering the different UI and mechanics.

This is a good thing IMO. Having to replay to a certain part to play it would be annoying.

Ingeniero

So I returned to the game after a long break and I thinks my game is bugged.
I can't use items in battles. Not Costlemark dungeon, but in all battles.
My save was in Costlemark secret door dungeon but I gave up and returned to entrance... now I can't use items, I press R2 but there is no item menu...
Help!!!

Ingeniero

So I returned to the game after a long break and I thinks my game is bugged.
I can't use items in battles. Not Costlemark dungeon, but in all battles.
My save was in Costlemark secret door dungeon but I gave up and returned to entrance... now I can't use items, I press R2 but there is no item menu...
Help!!!

Apparently it's a know bug, solved by sitting next to Kenny Crow, the carnival thingy.
Thing is, I never played the Carnival, and now it's over....
Can I find Kenny Crow now? Or I am completely fucked and can't use items any more?

Apparently it's a know bug, solved by sitting next to Kenny Crow, the carnival thingy.
Thing is, I never played the Carnival, and now it's over....
Can I find Kenny Crow now? Or I am completely fucked and can't use items any more?
Kenny crow is sitting in multiple outposts.
Can't remember which exactly. Know for sure he's in the one straight after hammerhead

Top Bottom