• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can anyone check the eShop or the Outrealm Gate to see if a new DLC was added today? It's been a week since Champions of Yore 1's release.

Just checked, didn't see anything.

Also, my first class change...Lissa to Sage! I think I'm going to marry her with my Avatar, but does support raise for healing characters with Lissa, or do I need to do some fighting alongside my dude?

Chrom

There's Champions of Yore 2 (with Roy) for $2.50 or a bundle of all three Champions of Yore maps for $4.00. I don't know if buying that opens up Champions of Yore 3 right away.

You sure it's for all three CoY maps? $4.00 for all three sounds way too good to be true.

There's Champions of Yore 2 (with Roy) for $2.50 or a bundle of all three Champions of Yore maps for $4.00. I don't know if buying that opens up Champions of Yore 3 right away.

Just picked up the Champions of Yore pack and no early access. You'll just have access to it when it's officially released. Really good deal though.

Awesome, that's the one I wanted the most from the first batch.

And yeah, it sounds too good to be true. If true I see no reason to not wait for the bundles. Seriously it's not even 3 for the price of the 2. Maybe it's because the first one is free? Did the Japanese get bundles too? I don't recall hearing about that.

Hugstable

Banned
Champions 3 is showing up for me after I purchased! It seems playable as well. Guess they released it early for those that buy the pack.

GeekyDad

Local Wallyworld had three copies. Yay!

YRyklIb.jpg

Roto13

You sure it's for all three CoY maps? $4.00 for all three sounds way too good to be true.

Well the first one is free anyway. So it's really $4.00 for two maps. Any other bundles of three maps will probably be $6.

Just picked up the Champions of Yore pack and no early access. You'll just have access to it when it's officially released. Really good deal though.

I was wondering. :p I'll probably wait for Champions of Yore 3 to be out before I buy the bundle.

Chrom

Is the new DLC useful for leveling or just to have Roy on your team?

CoY2 is not really much different from CoY1, it's actually kind of a reversal of CoY1 that takes place on the same map, but the enemies are slightly more stronger.

Marche90

Roy and Micaiah, huh?

Still, I think that this time I'm going to pass. Not that I don't like them, but most likely I'll save my money to buy other DLC chapters.

Although I might bite at a later date

I already want Future of Despair, damnit!

NeonZ

Is the new DLC useful for leveling or just to have Roy on your team?

I haven't gotten it yet (I'm at work right now), but based on what I saw from Japanese videos, it's basically just a slightly higher level version of Champions of Yore 1, now with the girls on your side and the male heroes as enemies. The first map which has some significant jump is Micaiah's (Champion of Yore 3), which places both heroes and heroines against the player and has enemy units wielding legendary weapons (That map also has a book which teaches a new skill to any character - All stats +2). Afterwards, there's another jump, with the next DLC character map having some promoted enemies and featuring a map from FE4, which is much bigger than this initial one.

I finally started this game on normal / casual I am new to FE and hard was really kicking my ass and hard does not have tutorials that pop up, you have to open and find the correct slides. I am going to enjoy the story and learn everything I can on normal first and then play it again on hard classic.

If they put out all the DLC in three packs at that price I'd be totally down to buy all of them. I was worried it would come to like $50 to buy everything, but if its more like $25 I'd be happy to buy them.

Javier

Purchased the CoY pack. It's $4.00 for all 3 maps (although I'm guessing the bundle will go up in price when the CoY1 stops being free.

BTW, it seems the reason the Micaiah map is not visible at first is because you have to buy the Marth and Roy maps first to make it appear. The three maps are a continuous story.

Chrom

With the Japanese release, I know that none of the DLC was ever sold in bundles, and the way they handled the CoY series was that CoY2 and CoY3 required the preceding DLC already purchased to purchase them.

This might be a tricky question to answer since CoY1's free, but is CoY1 required to purchase either CoY2 or the Champions Pack? Curious to know.

Javier

In Japan, CoY1 was required for CoY2 and CoY2 was required for CoY3, I assume it's the same here. You can go ahead and buy the pack even if you already downloaded CoY1.

The CoY pack is $4.00 right now, but as I said, I'm guessing they'll raise the price of the pack when CoY1 is at full price.

EDIT: Tried to play CoY3. Anna says it's not available yet.

Delio

CoY2 is not really much different from CoY1, it's actually kind of a reversal of CoY1 that takes place on the same map, but the enemies are slightly more stronger.

I haven't gotten it yet (I'm at work right now), but based on what I saw from Japanese videos, it's basically just a slightly higher level version of Champions of Yore 1, now with the girls on your side and the male heroes as enemies. The first map which has some significant jump is Micaiah's (Champion of Yore 3), which places both heroes and heroines against the player and has enemy units wielding legendary weapons (That map also has a book which teaches a new skill to any character - All stats +2). Afterwards, there's another jump, with the next DLC character map having some promoted enemies and featuring a map from FE4, which is much bigger than this initial one.

Meh I might hold off on the DLC then till pack 3 is out then.

Ri'Orius

Alright, let's talk about the shapeshifters: are they viable in the long-term?

As I understand it, they don't promote and their shapeshifter class only goes to 30. So presumably if I want to use Panne, I'll want to change her to a normal class? But then she can't shapeshift any more, right?

And is it worthwhile to level her up to 15? Looks like the Taguel second skill only applies while you're a Taguel, so it seems like I should swap her as soon as she hits 10... Unless Taguel stat growths are significantly better than stat growths for normal classes?

Oh, and one more question: her stat page shows some bonuses that I can't explain. Are those from shapeshifting?

CoY full pack for $4 is really good considering $4 is about the tax I would've paid if I purchased the game retail instead of eShop (no tax on eShop!)

To look at it a different way, it's as if the eShop version has it's own exclusive deal away from the retail way of purchasing.

Well, oops, got my first death with Kellam. Didn't notice one of the enemies had a Hammer. Oh well, I got some sucky level ups that chapter too.

In better news, got an email saying HLJ stocked the artbook. Just gotta see how tempted am I to wait and finish the rest of the order or spend more on shipping to get it now.

scy

Well, oops, got my first death with Kellam. Didn't notice one of the enemies had a Hammer. Oh well, I got some sucky level ups that chapter too.

The best is when you notice it and then forget because you took like an hour to do the map due to randomly putting the game down.

;_;

I lost the thief guy who likes sweets, but no regrets because I like the red haired shop girl better for unlocking things anyway. Plus she can hold her own in a fight, which makes her high tier as it is. I hate playing babysitter with new units that like to die in 1 or 2 hits.

Argh! These paralogue missions are going to be the death of me. It took me like four tries before recruiting Donny and now I'm on my third attempt in the second mission. On my first attempt, Anna dodged almost every attack and I made it with plenty of time but made a careless mistake at the boss. Now I can't even get to her without her dying.

NeonZ

Oh, and one more question: her stat page shows some bonuses that I can't explain. Are those from shapeshifting?

Yes, Taguel's and Manakete's weapons give them various stat boosts. There are improved versions of their weapons later which increase their stats even more.

I got so lucky on that mission, the guy came up to Kellam and just whiffed with something like a 75% chance of hitting. When he attacked Kellam and I saw the potential damage my eyes just bugged out and I knew I had screwed up badly. There was a big sigh of relief after that miss, haha.

OOOohhohohohohoho Pair Up makes desert chapters a whole lot less annoying! Now I can pair up movement-impeded units with mages and flyers so they don't get stuck!

So why'd they get rid of the magic triangle for this one?

They got rid of the triangle because they can't have a triangle because there's no light magic. There's no light magic because... well, just think of it as payback for not having dark magic in Path of Radiance.

They got rid of the triangle because they can't have a triangle because there's no light magic. There's no light magic because... well, just think of it as payback for not having dark magic in Path of Radiance.

I guess there's no light magic because the DS games didn't have it and there are enough random clues pointing towards this game being set much further in the future from those games.

That and this will bring rise to the WAR CLERICS.

Esura

Banned
Every character has a set of other characters who they can support with. You can as many A supports as you want with the compatible characters, but only one S support per character. The Avatar is a special case in that he or she can support with everyone in the game.

Any pairing with your avatar allows their children to have all the classes exclusive to their gender. So if you pair Tharja with the Avatar,
Noire
has the ability to gain a lot of good skills like Galeforce, which is extremely useful especially for a Dark Mage/Sorcerer.

Since once you change her from an Archer to a Dark Mage and slap the Nosferatu tome (This is the game breaker tome) on her, watch as she basically obliterates all the other enemies especially on the easier difficulties. This also applies to
Morgan
as well.

This is important to note because of the fact of how good the Dark Mage/Sorcerer class is and having one (besides your Avatar and
Morgan
) with access to many skills is always helpful, especially when on a difficulty like Lunatic (where having a good Sorcerer is almost required to have).

Mind you this isn't exclusive to Tharja alone (All Avatar children can do this) and
Noire
herself will always have access to that class, but it is useful since a lvl5 Tharja does give her and
Morgan
the skill Vengeance (Avatar can do this as well but you should have him give your children another skill) early on and I believe (not entirely sure on this) good growth rates on MAG and SKI for them.

And this is kinda unrelated but here's a video showcasing why the Sorcerer is one of (if not the best) class in the game. Featuring a Female Avatar Sorcerer (w/ Nosferatu) paired with Chrom, absolutely demolishing a map with enemies stronger than ones you face on Lunatic+.

Video does contain spoilers on an upcoming DLC chapter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaqA4JmXmQ0

Ohhh, ok now this stuff makes much more sense. Thank you. Any future child of the Avatar is bound to be good I see.

And damn at that video. :O

IS THERE MORE ARTWORK LIKE THIS

That's actually someone else's avatar here. I'm not sure where that person got it from though.

Depends on how much you like the characters and history of Fire Emblem. I expect people to at least get these first 3 because of Marth and Roy.

I kinda lost interest when I learned you can't support or bang them. Any dlc give something practical, like high tier weapons or a lot of gold or what not?

I kinda lost interest when I learned you can't support or bang them. Any dlc give something practical, like high tier weapons or a lot of gold or what not?

There's one for farming gold, one for grinding exp, one gives you legendary weapons, Alm's and Eirika's give you new classes, and the others are pretty much meant to be a challenge, to socialize with your units more, or have something extra together with the character like Lyn also giving you the skill to negate the bonus damage of bows on flying units.

There's one for farming gold, one for grinding exp, one gives you legendary weapons, Alm's and Eirika's give you new classes, and the others are pretty much meant to be a challenge, to socialize with your units more, or have something extra together with the character like Lyn also giving you the skill to negate the bonus damage of bows on flying units.

and none of those are the ones out this week?

Okay I'm a little bumed I thought Roy was going to have a unique look like Marth does, but sadly he looks just like a standard Mercenary. That's a real bummer. Why create new art for the the portraits if you aren't going to make a new model to go with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom