• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to the children, the only thing that matters about obtaining them is who the mother is and if the avatar is the father/mother.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Picked this up off the eShop and played a few missions.

I haven't played much Fire Emblem in the past, but why do the 3d model characters in this game have no feet? Is that a long-standing tradition with the series? Every cutscene that uses those models leaves me distracted staring at all the peg-legs.

They have feet they're just tiny, and no it's not a series tradition.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
God damnit, I JUST got the OT title.
One RNG to bind them all.

yami4ct

When it comes to the children, the only thing that matters about obtaining them is who the mother is and if the avatar is the father/mother.

While, other things do matter, they just don't affect getting all the characters. Fathers will determine stats, skills, available classes, etc. You can get all children regardless of the fathers, though.

Rarutos

Planning out my relationships too, looking like this

Chrom x Olivia (already done)
My Unit x Vaike (already done,
just recruited Morgan
)
Maribelle x Donnel (done)
Lissa x Libra (done)
Cherche x Virion (done)
Sumia x Gaius (done)

and for future relationships...

Miriel x Gregor (almost done)
Cordelia x Frederick (almost done)

and looking at...

Panne x Stahl
Tharja x Henry
Nowi x Lon'qu

And Sully gets no one :( Is Sully's kid any useful? At least compared to those who will soon be paired up?
But you still have Ricken and Kellam for Sully! Poor Kellam, forgotten about even outside the game...

Mmm... what to do? I'm in chapter 15, but I stills haven't picked up a partner for my avatar. With who should I go?

Choices that I still have are:
-Cordelia
-Cherche
-Tharja

-Anna
-Tiki (although I stills haven't recruited her)
-Any of the second generation characters.

Opinions, GAF?

Any one of those three, if only because then
Morgan
will have a
brother/sister

So I just got the game last night via eshop... Holy... I was playing the first real mission (with the Risen first appearing and the forest on fire) and had 3D on, and I thought there were some bugs flying across my screen, I literally swatted at them til I realized they were birds on the screen.

This game is absolutely BEAUTIFUL with the 3D on, it's the first 3ds game that I not only PREFER to play with 3d on, but I feel like I HAVE to. The effects are perfect and just feel right and unlike other games, I've yet to have a single headache or anything no matter how long I sit and play it.

Awesome visuals aside, the game is as good as any other FE game I've played (really good) but I haven't played it enough yet to call it my favorite of all time, though the potential is definitely there.

Spent some time pairing people off and this is what I got:

Lon'qu - MC
Chrom - Sumia
Stahl - Lissa
Frederick - Olivia
Valike - Maribelie
Donnel - Sully
Ricken - Cordelia
Gregor - Cherche
Virion - Panne
Kellam - Miriel
Gaius - Sariya
Henry - Nono

Mostly done to give the kids more class choices though the Donnel and Gaius pairings were for more Galeforce children. Sucks that there are three female children who can't access Galeforce and only two fathers who can provide the class barring your avatar. :/

Esura

Banned
Random Number Generator. Determines who lives and who dies in Fire Emblem.

Random Number Generator. Basically, a computer dice roll. Determines all the random elements for a game like Fire Emblem.

And I wager it always favors the house too. :(

It also determines the increase of your attritbutes upon level up.

No, I do not want nor need Strength for my Mage, thank you very much!

Wait, that seriously can happen?

Oh crap....

Midou

Oh crap....

It's also possible to get NO stat-ups in previous games, but I've never seen it happen in this, but there were times where they only get a single stat, and one not that important to them, but it doesn't seem to happen too often.

yami4ct

Oh crap....

Each character has growth rates. Each level up, they have a certain percentage chance of adding to a certain stat. Most characters have chances that favor whatever class they are. IE, a mage may have a 60% chance to add to magic and only a 15% chance to add to strength. It used to matter more before you got unlimited reclasses. Now, if you have a bunch of bad rolls, you can reclass back to level 1 and continue growing instead of being stuck.

yami4ct

Nope, they dead. They're my only two casualties so far :( Is Sully's kid better than the kids of any of the pairs I listed?

She seems pretty great so far on my game, but don't have that many other kids to compare her to. Seems like she's going to be a hell of a great knight or general.

VICI0US

Picked this up off the eShop and played a few missions.

I haven't played much Fire Emblem in the past, but why do the 3d model characters in this game have no feet? Is that a long-standing tradition with the series? Every cutscene that uses those models leaves me distracted staring at all the peg-legs.

artistic design choice.

"chibi" type models with nub legs, I honestly didn't even notice until people on various forums started posting about it.

Midou

"chibi" type models with nub legs, I honestly didn't even notice until people on various forums started posting about it.

Yes. Then when I saw what everyone was talking about, it made no difference to me.. it doesn't look super different from some other similar art styles.

NeonZ

Huh... They've just sent a message about new uploads for spotpass, the second bonus team (Sacred Stones) and Tyrfing, a legendary sword from FE4 are available from the wireless menu. This also means that all 10 characters from FE7 are available to everyone. It also confirms that they're using the fan translation (Genealogy of the Holy War) as FE4's official subtitle.

Roto13

The Spotpass says the Champions of Yore pack is $4.00 until March 6th. So I guess it's only that cheap because it's taking the freeness of the first Champions of Yore into account.

So I just got the game last night via eshop... Holy... I was playing the first real mission (with the Risen first appearing and the forest on fire) and had 3D on, and I thought there were some bugs flying across my screen, I literally swatted at them til I realized they were birds on the screen.

This game is absolutely BEAUTIFUL with the 3D on, it's the first 3ds game that I not only PREFER to play with 3d on, but I feel like I HAVE to. The effects are perfect and just feel right and unlike other games, I've yet to have a single headache or anything no matter how long I sit and play it.

Awesome visuals aside, the game is as good as any other FE game I've played (really good) but I haven't played it enough yet to call it my favorite of all time, though the potential is definitely there.

Yea i feel the same.. I've only played through the gamecube version which i absolutely loved! bought the wii version and a day later it went missing.. I think my son who was 2 at the time tossed it in the garbage not realizing what it was.. Or my wife realizing exactly what it was and knew it would take up too much of my time so less for her! hahah

Anyways yea the 3DS game is sick! Lovin it so far!

Giolon

You'll recruit them if you fight them, or you can just pay to recruit them if you don't want to fight them.

Either way, you can resummon them after they leave the map. It doesn't really matter what you choose to do with them. They come back an infinite number of times.

Thanks for the info. Now I know I won't waste them by making a wrong choice.

I know I listed two of my pairings as Stahl x Panne and Henry X Tharja

But then I remembered that Tharja and Henry have the same skills...

So I'm considering doing:

Stahl x Tharja
Henry x Panne

Anyone think that would turn out well?

I know I listed two of my pairings as Stahl x Panne and Henry X Tharja

But then I remembered that Tharja and Henry have the same skills...

So I'm considering doing:

Stahl x Tharja
Henry x Panne

Anyone think that would turn out well?

The only negative out of that is that Panne's child will have less class options with Henry compared with Stahl.

Think that's worse than Henry and Tharja's kid having the same skills?

Well you could have different skills if you change classes since you have until you start the sidequest to recruit the kid before the child's stats are set.

It's up to you as it will depend on how much reclassing you want to do.

Who is a better healer, Lissa or that Mirebelle girl?

Having a horse makes it easier to get to people who need healing... unless you're in a desert. But also it's a good idea to have multiple healers, especially in chapters where you split up your party.

I'm at work and have a quick question about fairly early in the game (a few chapters in)

In the mission with the cutscene where Crom gets spears chucked at him but he gets swooped up by Sumia, can you get the Ally guy to join your team? If so how

Thanks y'all.

Midou

I'm at work and have a quick question about fairly early in the game (a few chapters in)

In the mission with the cutscene where Crom gets spears chucked at him but he gets swooped up by Sumia, can you get the Ally guy to join your team? If so how

Thanks y'all.

Talking to him with chrom.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I went the road less traveled and made Lissa a War Cleric. Stats actually look pretty decent.

NeonZ

I went the road less traveled and made Lissa a War Cleric. Stats actually look pretty decent.

Well, she has unique models for both of her promotions, but it's pretty clear that War Cleric was the one actually intended for her here. She changes appearance but remains recognizable, while Sage turns her into a mini-Emmeryn. It makes her 3d model look really out of place during the CG-in game transitions and even her portrait becomes really out of place.

I actually really like her looks as a sage, but it's annoying when her old design pops up...

chrono01

When you use a Second Seal does your previous class' level stay the same or does it reset?

When you return to the previous class your level will always be reset to level 1. They will, of course, keep whatever skills they gained along the way, as well as attributes gained upon level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom