• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mad I didn't realize Nono and Grego could actually achieve S status. I no longer use Nono, but that S rank isn't going away and it creeps me out. : (

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm totally enjoying casual mode; it's funny seeing your units die in battle and having their partner pop out in the aftermath.

vall03

God trying to get Galeforce on Lissa. The exp is so..low D:

well, you got it easy only training Lissa, Im actually training four people to get Galeforce. Lissa, Maribelle, Olivia and Lucina. So if the random skirmish I get is full of Archers, Im fucked!

Delio

well, you got it easy only training Lissa, Im actually training four people to get Galeforce. Lissa, Maribelle, Olivia and Lucina. So if the random skirmish I get is full of Archers, Im fucked!

Well earlier I was grinding Sumia and Cordelia to get Galeforce before the kids popped in. Im glad I didnt bother with Lissa till now but..now Olivia..i do need it with her.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Planning to have Chrom marry Olivia. Is this possible as long as he hasn't reached C rank with any of his other marryable characters? I think he might've gotten a few hearts with Sumia so far just from normal play where I wasn't paying attention, but if I just grind hearts by having Olivia dance a million times for him in chapter 11 I should be fine right?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Planning to have Chrom marry Olivia. Is this possible as long as he hasn't reached C rank with any of his other marryable characters? I think he might've gotten a few hearts with Sumia so far just from normal play where I wasn't paying attention, but if I just grind hearts by having Olivia dance a million times for him in chapter 11 I should be fine right?
Yes, you should be fine; I also plan to do that.

vall03

just realized that each character have a limited number of same gender Supports with the exception of the Avatar. I've been pairing Lissa and Tharja for a while and wondering why no support conversations are triggering.

Esura

Banned
just realized that each character have a limited number of same gender Supports with the exception of the Avatar. I've been pairing Lissa and Tharja for a while and wondering why no support conversations are triggering.

So you can only trigger so many support conversations?

vall03

So you can only trigger so many support conversations?

If you look at the support list, each character can have a support conversation for each character of the opposite gender with one or two same gender close friends (Lissa and Maribelle for example). Also, the children characters seem to only have support conversation with their parents and fellow children characters.

rockx4

Wait are character marriages locked when they reach C with some characters?

NeonZ

Wait are character marriages locked when they reach C with some characters?

Chrom is a special case, because at a certain point of the story the partner with the highest support ranking with him jumps straight to a S support, and there's a character who can be his wife who only joins in that very last chapter and can't actually get any support rankings with him before jumping straight to S.

rockx4

Chrom is a special case, since at a certain point of the store the partner with the highest support ranking with him jumps straight to a S support, and that's a character who can be his wife who only joins in that very last chapter.

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification.

I had to restart like 5 times on chapter 5 lol. It's gotten better now that I've built up support and leveled some characters through the dlc like people suggested.

Hard is outside my abilities it seems. I've put 20 hours into this and only made it to Chapter 6 (in contrast, "official" playtime from the title screen puts me at four hours).

Just for shits and giggles I started a Normal save and Chrom and the Avatar were able to solo to the same spot in about an hour.

vall03

Sorry for double post, but how do I grind money? I'm only in Chapter 6 so maybe that is impossible at this point.

Go to Chapter 3 shop and buy a Reeking box. Use it on the map to spawn Risens. Theres always one enemy unit carrying a Small Bullion worth 1000Gold. In later levels there are two. Good luck farming!

Go to Chapter 3 shop and buy a Reeking box. Use it on the map to spawn Risens. Theres always one enemy unit carrying a Small Bullion worth 1000Gold. In later levels there are two. Good luck farming!

Doesn't the box cost like five times the amount I'd recoup? Is that why I need luck lol?

Reeking boxes cost way more than a 1000 gold....

Or are item costs lower on the lower difficulties?

Esura

Banned
If you look at the support list, each character can have a support conversation for each character of the opposite gender with one or two same gender close friends (Lissa and Maribelle for example). Also, the children characters seem to only have support conversation with their parents and fellow children characters.

Ohhh, ok. I just want to absorb all this in before I finish Avatar creating.

I remembered that someone said being a mage is the best way to go for the avatar. What should I pick for asset and flaw?

Ohhh, ok. I just want to absorb all this in before I finish Avatar creating.

I remembered that someone said being a mage is the best way to go for the avatar. What should I pick for asset and flaw?

I'd pick resistance or luck for the flaw. Enemy mages are pretty rare, so resistance isn't as important as you'd think.

Esura

Banned
I'd pick resistance or luck for the flaw. Enemy mages are pretty rare, so resistance isn't as important as you'd think.

And the asset is obviously magic I wager.

I remember reading someone saying that pairing a mage avatar with this....

image.php

...gives you overpowered babies that steamroll the game. Is this true?

Have a question, if either member of a husband/wife team die what happens in particular? Just a throwaway line, do the kids mention it, etc.

eznark

Banned
Sumia wouldn't be able to trip as much if she had feet to balance with.

Yeah, that's what made me notice, hadn't noticed before she showed up. I guess that was the point of her tripping, to draw attention to their no feet revolutionary art style? So weird!

NeonZ

Have a question, if either member of a husband/wife team die what happens in particular? Just a throwaway line, do the kids mention it, etc.

They don't die, just retreat and become unable to fight. They did that due to many conversations from the children mentioning their parents and such. They'd have to be changed to acknowledge their death - Like some of Jill's supports in Path of Radiance, which had slightly different dialogue if they happened before or after the chapter where she had to face her father - but they'd need to do that for 10+ characters here who have more support convos than most characters in Path of Radiance.

Time paradox?

Awakening time travel is the type where the future can't be changed, it just splits into separate timelines.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, ha! Holy shit. What gives them the ability to crit constantly like that?
Seemed like standard crits to me. The skill being used is astra, which lets you attack 5 times at half damage. Looks like Selena has such a high speed stat that she had x4 attacks though, which would've come out to 20 attacks total if the enemy had enough health.

StayDead

image.php

I paired Saria with the archer dude (no idea what his name is in English and the Japanese one is odd to type out) and her daughter was pretty damn good.
Horseback archer
, cute too <3

Time paradox?

Heh, I'm only on chapter 5 so I was asking for future reference because I don't plan on going forward with any character deaths. Knew you could have children so I was assuming you'd continue to fight after their birth so I thought maybe there'd be dialogue from them if a parent did die. Suppose It's understandable why they didn't do so though. Would be a lot of extra dialogue to write.

And it seems there's all sorts of time travel business to come so It'll be interesting to see how all that is handled.

GeekyDad

Seemed like standard crits to me. The skill being used is astra, which lets you attack 5 times at half damage. Looks like Selena has such a high speed stat that she had x4 attacks though, which would've come out to 20 attacks total if the enemy had enough health.

Seemed like every single unit was pulling off a crit, though, without fail. The guy must've re-classed a lot, boosting whatever skill raises crit rate?

Mr. Fix

I'm assuming that video is also on Lunatic + since all the enemies shown (in another video too) have 5 skills each. I probably won't even attempt Lunatic until the xp and money dlc is out.

Esura

Banned
I paired Saria with the archer dude (no idea what his name is in English and the Japanese one is odd to type out) and her daughter was pretty damn good.
Horseback archer
, cute too <3

ooo, that sounds cool. I guess I should just play and not give a hoot but I have a feeling I'll mess up something.

Heh, I'm only on chapter 5 so I was asking for future reference because I don't plan on going forward with any character deaths. Knew you could have children so I was assuming you'd continue to fight after their birth so I thought maybe there'd be dialogue from them if a parent did die. Suppose It's understandable why they didn't do so though. Would be a lot of extra dialogue to write.

And it seems there's all sorts of time travel business to come so It'll be interesting to see how all that is handled.

I can't wait to see whats up. Love stuff like that.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Seemed like every single unit was pulling off a crit, though, without fail. The guy must've re-classed a lot, boosting whatever skill raises crit rate?
There's several AOE skills that raise surrounding units' crit rates and skill value. Didn't watch the whole vid but I'm assuming they're just layering on a ton of buffs.

Draxal

image.php

If you do that gives her the pegasus knight/dark flier class which gives galeforce, and galeforce kicks ass.

Esura

Banned
If you do that gives her the pegasus knight/dark flier class which gives galeforce, and galeforce kicks ass.

Wait, so Avatar M automatically gives the black haired mage chick a kid that learns that class? Or do I have to switch him from Tactician to Peguses Knight and promote him to that class so the kid can learn it? Or should I just make him a Dark Mage?

Draxal

Wait, so Avatar M automatically gives the black haired mage chick a kid that learns that class? Or do I have to switch him from Tactician to Peguses Knight and promote him to that class so the kid can learn it? Or should I just make him a Dark Mage?

He can't learn the class, it's female exclusive, he/she just gives his/her children all of the non-special classes available to his/kids. So whoever his kid ends up being is insanely strong due to all the skill (class) options available to the kid.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about it.

For FE veterans, how hard is Hard? Harder or easier then Hector's Hard Mode in FE7? Harder or easier then Normal in Radiant Dawn?

Harder than Radiant Dawn on Normal for sure. Its been a long time since I played Hector mode and didn't finish it, but I want to say the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom