• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeekyDad

Just got Nowi in my entourage. She sure helped me get over the loss of Cordelia in a hurry. Love that dragon-form shit.

Doorman

Just for fun...has anybody with a female avatar tried to marry Donny? I would imagine that
Morgan having access to his growth rate-boosting skill
would make for a pretty godly unit later on.

Is Mirirel ever suppose to get good? Even as a sage she's not that potent :/

And it's weird, is it just me or are assassins more useful as bowmen than swordsmen?

GeekyDad

Just for fun...has anybody with a female avatar tried to marry Donny? I would imagine that

Hmm...I do have a female MU. I hadn't really considered it, but yeah, that could be fun.

So did anyone else just curbstomp Chapter 12 into oblivion? I just stuck Kellam and Gregor at the chokepoint right where you start with Miriel and Ricken behind them, and they formed an indestructible wall as all the enemies impaled themselves on Kellam and Gregor instead of going around to the side and attacking my squishy units. Eventually I replaced Gregor with Cherche paired with Myself, and she killed about 10 units on one enemy phase. And then probably another 10 after.

So i did this paralogue and got Donnel after having to reload several times. The dude is level 2 while most everyone is above level 8, hes a pain in the ass to do anything with. Im assuming because he seems weak and i had to go through alot to get him that he may be worth leveling up. Do i and what should i do with him? Also my god im already freaking out about who to add to my party and leave behind, i want to show them all some love. Is it a good idea not to waste time with these extra non story charachters from dlc and spotpass?

He's worth it.
hKOEe2j.jpg

Get him to level 15 villager and then change to a mercenary for armsthrift and them promote to Hero or Bow Knight.

Or better yet, have donnel marry a girl, and have his kid marry your avatar for super baby.

TWILT

Banned
Alright, just need to have someone marry Panne, and I have access to all the kids. Who out of Henry, Frederick, Libra or Ricken shall be the lucky winner? Hmm...

ampere

I haven't been interested in a hardcore permadeath rpg lately, but the 'casual mode' this game sports might make me pick it up.

I haven't been interested in a hardcore permadeath rpg lately, but the 'casual mode' this game sports might make me pick it up.

You should definitely get the game even if you're going to play on baby mode. :p

It's easily become my favorite game in the series and my favorite game on the 3DS.

How is this game? Is it actually great or is it another case of Sticker Star/Ni No Kuni where it's amazing until people get to spend 20 or so hours with it?

chrono01

How is this game? Is it actually great or is it another case of Sticker Star/Ni No Kuni where it's amazing until people get to spend 20 or so hours with it?

The more time you spend with it, the more amazing it becomes. Also, considering how addictive it is, it will not take long before the your game-time reads double [or even triple] digits.

So yes, it's as incredible as everyone would lead you to believe.

Marche90

Awesome until the end.

Some people over here have already finished the game, and liked it very much. I am in the end-chapters, but I don't want it to end, if that's worth something.

I'm on Chapter 8 now and I'm in love with this game. Seriously. Fire Emblem always hooks me and gets me addicted, but the pair/dual mechanic in this is off the charts.

Chrom/Sumia: already married, fucking whirling dervish of pain between the two of them. Nothing can touch them while they're paired up. Chrom sat through an assault of five wvyerns and fighters and only got hit once, and killed every single one.

Lon'Qu/Vaike: Bash Bros! Pretty much destroy everything in their way, although recently I've been switching it up and pairing Lon'Qu with my avatar so I can have lovely Myrmidon babies.

Sully/everyone: Sully is my most badass unit by far. Usually rocks it solo but has three A rankings already simply from standing near people most of the time.

God I love this game.

Wilsongt

Who's everyone currently curbstomping with?

Rolling out into story missions with:

Chrom - Great Lord
FeMU - Grandmaster
Lissa - War Cleric
Virion - Bow Knight (He's not pulling his weight all that much... May be benched)

Stahl - Paladin
Sumia - Dark Flier
Donny - God
Lon'qu - Sword Master
Ricken - Sage
Maribelle - Valkyrie
Gaius - Assassin

Rolling out sometimes with:

Nowi
Cherche - Wyvern Lord
Morgan - Calvalier

chrono01

My Donnel is past 15 already and I never class changed him into anything. Is it too late to do this?

Nope, you can change class whenever [after level 10] as long as you have the Second Class Seal to do so.

Actually, it's good that you did level him to 15 before class-changing, since you ensured that he'd have both of his Villager Skills before re-classing.

Midou

So second seal to Mercenary? And then Master Seal to promote. Okay thanks.

Yeah, and you can basically master seal even at 10, to get level 5 Hero faster for Sol, cause it's super useful. He'll stat cap easily enough even promoted.

Comet

I just got done with the game. Final save had me at about 24 hours before the last fight. And of course the last fight is classic kamakazi Fire Emblem finale. I could plow through most story missions, but I ended up losing 3 characters on that last fight, and had I not gotten a lucky critical on the final boss, I probably would have lost another 3-4 characters just on the next turn.

I already started a new game, I'm tempted to start a run-through on insane, but I just know that would be impossible for me to beat. This time I'm doing a run through with a female avatar (since I think the male models are boring) and I'm going to use characters I didn't touch on my first run-through. I'm thinking about using Donnel, I had no idea you could practically promote him two times. That should result in some sexy stats! I love this game btw. I hope we get a sequel on the 3DS. These characters were really good.

Which do you guys prefer, Sol or Counter?

Depends on the character I guess.

Sol is skill based, but works with any weapon. Counter is always on, but only on adjacent enemies and only if hit.

So high skill or good dodgers will probably go towards Sol while low avoid could have Counter.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So I need some help (CH 11 spoilers):
So I want Chrom to marry Olivia. I married off Sumia, Maribelle, and Sully before CH 11. However, at the end of CH 11, it seems as though Chrom married some nameless "Maiden." Do I have to support Chrom with Olivia during the battle like 10 times?

zroid

Banned
oh wow

I got a Fire Emblem streetpass, and I wasn't even downtown! I rarely get any streetpasses in the 'burbs, let alone ones for specific games. Awesome~~

Setre

Got two questions.

Can you marry the
future
characters to each other?

If the Avatar doesn't marry anyone does
Morgan
still show up?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm on chapter 12 now and I've only gotten around 3 master seals, many of my units are close to level 20, any way to nab more :(?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
How is + MAG - RES for asset/flaw? I want my tactician to be a mage, and it seems that I at least negate some of my stat losses this way while still getting a modest magic boost.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How is + MAG - RES for asset/flaw? I want my tactician to be a mage, and it seems that I at least negate some of my stat losses this way while still getting a modest magic boost.

That works, I would say don't mess with his str stat since he'll get an ability after his class upgrade that will add the str and mag stats together (it'll proc more the higher his skill stat is).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If you're aiming for Mage, Strength seems like it'd be less useful than RES

I wanted to avoid cutting into skill or defense if at all possible, but I suppose the losses are negligible.

That works, I would say don't mess with his str stat since he'll get an ability after his class upgrade that will add the str and mag stats together (it'll proc more the higher his skill stat is).

Hmm, noted. Sounds like - STR hurts more in the long term.

chrono01

I'd recommend +MAG/-LCK, personally.

The reason being, +MAG/-RES has the following +/- Stats at Maximum Level:

MAG +3, SPD +1, RES -1

whereas +MAG/-LCK has these:

MAG +3, STR -1, LCK -3

You lose on STR with MAG/-LCK, which you won't need anyway as a Mage [it will help a bit with Ignis, but -1 STR won't be terribly noticeable], but you keep your +1 SPD [every little bit helps!] and don't lose any RES [which is definitely appreciated]. You do lose -3 LCK, but honestly, it's not as important a stat as the others [in my opinion].

I just got done with the game. Final save had me at about 24 hours before the last fight. And of course the last fight is classic kamakazi Fire Emblem finale. I could plow through most story missions, but I ended up losing 3 characters on that last fight, and had I not gotten a lucky critical on the final boss, I probably would have lost another 3-4 characters just on the next turn.

Holy hell. 24 hours? I'm at 16 hours and not even half way.

Currently it's sitting at third on average time played with 40 minutes each session.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wanted to avoid cutting into skill or defense if at all possible, but I suppose the losses are negligible.

Hmm, noted. Sounds like - STR hurts more in the long term.

Yea, even if you go mage there will be times when it'll be best to use a sword (mostly against other mages) as well so keep that in mind.

When I play this again, I'm going to play in classic mode and not start over whenever a character dies. I tend to do that a lot when a favorite character dies in battle, reload a save, etc. I won't. I want to really feel what it's like on a emotional level during the adventure.

I think the game does more than enough to provide enough characters in the cast. Playing on casual, I see myself using only a handful of characters and ignoring others that I also want to use. It's too hard to give everyone equal playing time. I think this game is designed to play in classic. Next playthrough, I'll do that.

When I play this again, I'm going to play in classic mode and not start over whenever a character dies. I tend to do that a lot when a favorite character dies in battle, reload a save, etc. I won't. I want to really feel what it's like on a emotional level during the adventure.

I think the game does more than enough to provide enough characters in the cast. Playing on casual, I see myself using only a handful of characters and ignoring others that I also want to use. It's too hard to give everyone equal playing time. I think this game is designed to play in classic. Next playthrough, I'll do that.

You're going to feel an unwanted emotion when an enemy spawns out of nowhere behind you, and then oneshots one of your key squishies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom