• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the guide is says you can highlight an enemy unit to see their attack range, you can select them with A and they turn red, I would assume you can select multiple units and make them red, showing their combined radius of movement/attack, then you toggle X to show everyones range? Well this seems to not work at all. Whether they are red or not, it only shows the radius of the one that my curser is over, and X seems to do nothing.

Also, when tips pop up at the bottom right, is there a button to hit to pull it up immediately? Or do I have to go to the guide and find it?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
In the guide is says you can highlight an enemy unit to see their attack range, you can select them with A and they turn red, I would assume you can select multiple units and make them red, showing their combined radius of movement/attack, then you toggle X to show everyones range? Well this seems to not work at all. Whether they are red or not, it only shows the radius of the one that my curser is over, and X seems to do nothing.

Also, when tips pop up at the bottom right, is there a button to hit to pull it up immediately? Or do I have to go to the guide and find it?
Are you very early in the game? I'm not 100% sure, but I know that some functions are disabled in Normal mode until they "introduce" it to you during the story chapters.

Were wyren lords always tanks? Why even mess with generals.
image.php
cieaUl3.gif

Giolon

Is there any deadline that characters have to be married by in order for them to have kids? I want to know if I need to start buying Reeking Boxes to farm Support levels...

Are you very early in the game? I'm not 100% sure, but I know that some functions are disabled in Normal mode until they "introduce" it to you during the story chapters.

image.php
cieaUl3.gif
3rd Chapter I think on Hard/Classic. I swear the little tip for it popped up at the bottom right making me think I can now do it. Maybe I'm wrong, that makes more sense. When I hit X I can hear it toggling something, I guess its just visually disabled.

Miriel just hit 20 as a Dark Knight, not sure whether to keep her or reclass her. The whole reclassing thing-- especially for promoted units, is a bit confusing to me. And I'm not sure if I should reclass her to a Dark Knight again, or to a Valkyrie, Sage, or Sorcerer... Any suggestions on the matter?

TWILT

Banned
Is there any deadline that characters have to be married by in order for them to have kids? I want to know if I need to start buying Reeking Boxes to farm Support levels...

No deadline (outside from completing the game I guess). Earliest chapter you can get the kids is chapter 13 I believe.

Miriel just hit 20 as a Dark Knight, not sure whether to keep her or reclass her. The whole reclassing thing-- especially for promoted units, is a bit confusing to me. And I'm not sure if I should reclass her to a Dark Knight again, or to a Valkyrie, Sage, or Sorcerer... Any suggestions on the matter?

If you want to keep her as a Dark Knight, but still gain EXP/level up, you can reclass her to Dark Knight again. Otherwise, if you want to try something new, reclass her to something else.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
3rd Chapter I think on Hard/Classic. I swear the little tip for it popped up at the bottom right making me think I can now do it. Maybe I'm wrong, that makes more sense. When I hit X I can hear it toggling something, I guess its just visually disabled.
Hm, I don't think it's supposed to be like that on Hard mode. Maybe fiddle with your options?

OceanBlue

Haha, I think I relied on my avatar and Chrom too much to reach chapter 5. The avatar is an impenetrable wall of magic and Chrom double-hit kills everything, but other than that...

If you want to keep her as a Dark Knight, but still gain EXP/level up, you can reclass her to Dark Knight again. Otherwise, if you want to try something new, reclass her to something else.

She'll keep getting stat ups then? Will she retain her same stats from when she was level 20 when I reclass her back to 1?

So...what is the point of forging weapons?

Donnel's Luck + Mercenary skill where weapons might not break = weapons that last forever.

I have this sword that sometimes produces a Bullion(S) that not only procs more because of Donnel's Luck, but also is taking 5-10x longer to break because of Donnel's Luck + Merc skill. I'm rolling in the money.

Haha, I think I relied on my avatar and Chrom too much to reach chapter 5. The avatar is an impenetrable wall of magic and Chrom double-hit kills everything, but other than that...

I think I spent one after just using reeking boxes to make everyone at least level 10 by chapter 7 so I could look at the maps and have my pick of who I wanted without worrying about that.

Does anyone ever play without reclassing? Was thinking of trying it but wasn't sure if it dooms me in any way. I'm not aiming for anything in particular on this play through; I mostly just want to complete the story.

Donnel's Luck + Mercenary skill where weapons might not break = weapons that last forever.

I have this sword that sometimes produces a Bullion(S) that not only procs more because of Donnel's Luck, but also is taking 5-10x longer to break because of Donnel's Luck + Merc skill. I'm rolling in the money.

Interesting...so it really comes down to finding synergies and exploits. Thanks man.

Saprol

MU is already level 17 before starting Chapter 5. I think I need to rebalance my team just a little using the free CoY1 map.

Doorman

Argh...I'm getting to that point now where a number of characters are hitting level 10/11, which means if I want them to start going after some other class skills, now would be a good time to switch them over. But I can't decide on who to change, or to what! I feel like there's no way most of these people would become more useful as a class outside of what they start as, unless I'm mistaken in thinking that switching classes also significantly changes their growth rates somehow [non-edit: looking over Seneres Forest, it appears that growth rates to change, but I still wonder how well that affects characters on a practical level]. I mean sure, I could make Lissa a pegasus knight or something, but with her strength gains being as pitiful as they have been, it feels like all I'd be doing is handicapping myself.

And another Panne-related question, I'm seeing that her level 15 skill is something that deals extra damage to beasts "when the user is a Taguel." Does that mean she needs to be the specific Taguel class for the skill to work, or is it only referring to the fact that only Taguel-based characters can use the skill? Basically if I waited until 15 to gain the skill and then reclass her, would the benefit of waiting to learn the skill already be nulled out?

And another Panne-related question, I'm seeing that her level 15 skill is something that deals extra damage to beasts "when the user is a Taguel." Does that mean she needs to be the specific Taguel class for the skill to work, or is it only referring to the fact that only Taguel-based characters can use the skill? Basically if I waited until 15 to gain the skill and then reclass her, would the benefit of waiting to learn the skill already be nulled out?

I believe that she'll always be a Taguel regardless of what class she becomes.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Whoa. Paralogue 17 was nuts compared to the story chapters 17-18.

Like holy shit.

And from what I'm hearing, the other paralogues can be similar, though I've been avoiding them until I make sure I have the right skills to pass on. I accidentally made Lissa a War Cleric.

Getting her to a 15 Dark Flier is going to take forever.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I found a Hammerne being sold at one of the random merchants. Luuuuuucky me.

Whoa. Paralogue 17 was nuts compared to the story chapters 17-18.

Like holy shit.

And from what I'm hearing, the other paralogues can be similar, though I've been avoiding them until I make sure I have the right skills to pass on. I accidentally made Lissa a War Cleric.

Getting her to a 15 Dark Flier is going to take forever.

On Hard for me, I've only been able to do a few of the children's paralogue chapters. Some of them with an insane amount of troops and forged weapons are just too much right now.

I was thinking of going the canon route with Chrom and Sumia, but I realized since I was planning to hook up MU with Cordy, that might be a little too much P.K. action.

I'll probably switch gears. Sumia with Gaius and Sully with Chrom.

Sumia and Gaius is the best.

A kid that has Lethality AND Galeforce is too good.

image.php
cieaUl3.gif

Generals were badass in the gba ones, they look terrible in this. knights and generals are too top heavy. Like a weird SD mecha, or a medieval 'space marine'

I figured out a great way to farm money on hard. I assume other people have figured it out, but just in case.

Make Donnel a Mercenary and teach him Armsthrift(Attacks do not reduce weapon usage, Trigger % = Luck*2) then rank him up and cap his luck at 48, which should be easy. After doing that equip a Leif's Blade (May yield a Bullion S if the target falls, Trigger % = Luck) that should allow you to get one Bullion S roughly every other kill and will almost never deplete the sword. This would work better on any of Donnel's children since they cap their luck at 53 instead.

I figured out a great way to farm money on hard. I assume other people have figured it out, but just in case.

Make Donnel a Mercenary and teach him Armsthrift(Attacks do not reduce weapon usage, Trigger % = Luck*2) then rank him up and cap his luck at 48, which should be easy. After doing that equip a Leif's Blade (May yield a Bullion S if the target falls, Trigger % = Luck) that should allow you to get one Bullion S roughly every other kill and will almost never deplete the sword. This would work better on any of Donnel's children since they cap their luck at 53 instead.

Hahaha, so that means Donnel's kids' weapons will never break if they are maxed out in Luck and have Armsthrift. What a gloriously overpowered skill.

Ponn

Banned
So i did this paralogue and got Donnel after having to reload several times. The dude is level 2 while most everyone is above level 8, hes a pain in the ass to do anything with. Im assuming because he seems weak and i had to go through alot to get him that he may be worth leveling up. Do i and what should i do with him? Also my god im already freaking out about who to add to my party and leave behind, i want to show them all some love. Is it a good idea not to waste time with these extra non story charachters from dlc and spotpass?

jwhit28

If I learn Donnel's 2 villager skills, then 2 fighter skills, does that mean I can only learn one Warrior skill or do the newest skills replace the oldest ones?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
If I learn Donnel's 2 villager skills, then 2 fighter skills, does that mean I can only learn one Warrior skill or do the newest skills replace the oldest ones?

You can pick and choose which 5 skills are active. There's a menu option for swapping them.

I think if you get a 6th skill when 5 are already active it goes into the skill "bank", instead of replacing one of the currently active ones.

Doorman

So i did this paralogue and got Donnel after having to reload several times. The dude is level 2 while most everyone is above level 8, hes a pain in the ass to do anything with. Im assuming because he seems weak and i had to go through alot to get him that he may be worth leveling up. Do i and what should i do with him? Also my god im already freaking out about who to add to my party and leave behind, i want to show them all some love. Is it a good idea not to waste time with these extra non story charachters from dlc and spotpass?
Whether you want to level him up or not is totally a matter of opinion. He has amazing growth rates but yes, it does take investment. There are plenty of other viable units if you don't want to go through the trouble, so don't sweat it too much either way.

You can learn as many skills as you care to put the time into, on a menu on the world map you get the option to select which skills you want to equip.

Just to clarify, you can only S class relationship with one character, correct? I just wanna make sure before I end up having my MU marry Miriel prematurely.

Chrom

I think if you get a 6th skill when 5 are already active it goes into the skill "bank", instead of replacing one of the currently active ones.

I think the game gives you a choice on what to do with your skills when you learn a 6th one. You could have it go straight to your bank, or have it replace one of your current ones if you're full. Not entirely sure, though.

Ketch

I can't seem to find any girls who can have a support relationship with Chrom... I heard if you don't get a support with a girl he'll marry a nonamed npc'd and that would be bad some how.

I'm in Ch 6 and Sumia died earlier in my game.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I can't seem to find any girls who can have a support relationship with Chrom... I heard if you don't get a support with a girl he'll marry a nonamed npc'd and that would be bad some how.

I'm in Ch 6 and Sumia died earlier in my game.

These are Chrom's potential mates and the priority they have when the time comes
Sumia > Maribelle > Sully > Olivia > Avatar (female). If Chrom hasn't started any support relationships with a female, for whatever reason, he will marry a nameless village girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom