• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrom

If I'm not mistaken Priam and all the special story characters are recruitable from Spotpass missions that are available to "download" once you finish the second to last chapter of the story.

The paralogues need to be individually released first.

Yea that chapter 5 on hard/classic is tough i had to restart so many times because i'd lose 1 person.. i had just completed it near perfectly except i made a mistake with 1 character and they died.. it's a melee axe wielder.. i forget his name.. chromes buddy that always wants to fight him... not sure if i'm going to retry the mission once more or just move on without him. Sigh Hard is nuts on the first playthrough

Wait until Chapter 11. Fuck I've restarted like 20 times now.

Fuck reinforcements. Fuck characters whiffing TWICE at 85%. Fuck enemies hitting you on a <20% shot. Fuck everything.

I love this game.

Mr. Fix

OMG!

Tharja PVC figure announced at Wonderfes! Max Factory is sculpting/releasing it. I will definitely be purchasing that one!

91aqVCJ.jpg

Tharja has power thighs? Who would have thought.

whats that? Some horrible dlc map?

I'm actually looking forward to it. 5 waves, baby!

So how does one get Priam?

Also what is the best way to grind relationships, especially when one of the pair members has a relatively low level?

It took 3 months for Japan to finally get Priam through spotpass.

Also pair up is the way to go to bring up support rank. It's nice if some of your units are too weak.

Delio

Maribelle and Henry seems so weird when I put them together. Lots of talk of death and Henry not seeming to GET it when Maribelle says she loves him haha.

vall03

lol Inigo just shrugged Nah, but failed to hit on Kjelle and Severa. Now I wonder how his supports with Lucina, Cynthia and Noire will be.

Socreges

Banned
Sully is a beast. I was all prepared to use Stahl more, but Sully had the edge in speed and being able to 2x most enemies made a massive difference early on. Now I've crossed that threshold where I start leaning on her too much and she's much more powerful than my other units.

Mr. Fix

lol Inigo just shrugged Nah, but failed to hit on Kjelle and Severa. Now I wonder how his supports with Lucina, Cynthia and Noire will be.

Which reminds me, if the children characters can't marry each other, can they get all their S rank support convos?

So far all my romances have seemed to work really well in the support conversations, aside from "I like your pies."

Cherche and Lon'qu still stands out for me, as do most of the ones that go into the characters' backstory.

Busaiku

So far I've done Chrom/Sumia, Virion/Sully, and Vaike/Mirielle.
They all seemed to work fine thus far.

Going for Lissa/Donny and Maribelle/Ricken.
I was gonna do Tharja with Libra, but now I dunno, she's too obsessed with Robin.

And darn it, I was gonna go with Kellam and Cordelia, but now all these things pop up.

So far I've done Chrom/Sumia, Virion/Sully, and Vaike/Mirielle.
They all seemed to work fine thus far.

Going for Lissa/Donny and Maribelle/Ricken.
I was gonna do Tharja with Libra, but now I dunno, she's too obsessed with Robin.

And darn it, I was gonna go with Kellam and Cordelia, but now all these things pop up.
I have Lissa/Donnel paired in my game, but I feel like going by the supports maybe Olivia/Donnel is a better fit.

Virion x Panne is a really good one. Lots of backstory for Virion, and character development for Panne.
Virion/Panne is really great and of all the ones I've done it felt the most right to me.

God help me I'm shipping. I think I need to take a break from the game.

Virion/Panne is really great and of all the ones I've done it felt the most right to me.

God help me I'm shipping. I think I need to take a break from the game.
Initially I paired them up because I wanted Yarne to have some specific traits, and wasn't planning to use them much, but after they started fighting together and I read their first support conversation, I was totally on board with the pairing.

To players of the Japanese version (or just those familiar with it): Do the DLC missions get deeper or more substantial as they go on? I bought the first bundle since it's only $4, and so far it's been alright, but I don't feel very compelled to buy another one once they're released. If they get "better" I might stick with them.

Just finished up chapter 5 fight. Lost 2 characters, Ricken and Stahl :( I've decided to soldier on and not replay the chapter. Am I making a mistake? Really liking the game a lot, so far, but don't want to screw myself down the road.

john tv

To players of the Japanese version (or just those familiar with it): Do the DLC missions get deeper or more substantial as they go on? I bought the first bundle since it's only $4, and so far it's been alright, but I don't feel very compelled to buy another one once they're released. If they get "better" I might stick with them.
They get better as they go IMO. The next set after Champions of Yore has chapters for grinding money, experience, and super-weapons (all awesome), and some of the later battles after that are truly epic (and crazy challenging).

They get better as they go IMO. The next set after Champions of Yore has chapters for grinding money, experience, and super-weapons (all awesome), and some of the later battles after that are truly epic (and crazy challenging).

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. I asked because I looked up the descriptions of some of the later DLCs, and they seemed pretty damn cool but I was curious if they actually were.

Not too interested in grind chapters, but i'll definitely keep an eye out for them as they are released.

Lunar15

What's a good way to level up some weaker units?

I was just about to ask this actually. I'm playing on hard mode, and while I normally do a good job of dividing up exp in previous fire emblems, I'm having a tough time with this one. My Sumia and Donnel are pretty under leveled, but I'd love to use them. I'm on chapter 5

Mr. Fix

What's a good way to level up some weaker units?

I use the first DLC chapter to get anyone pre-promoted up to 20. Either that, or you could weaken enemies using some of your stronger characters and have the weaker units finish them off. Also if you can, have a unit that gives STR/MAG boosts pair up with them.

Just finished up chapter 5 fight. Lost 2 characters, Ricken and Stahl :( I've decided to soldier on and not replay the chapter. Am I making a mistake? Really liking the game a lot, so far, but don't want to screw myself down the road.
imo, that's the "true" way to play FE. I can't do it, though. My heart is too weak.

Mr. Fix

For this game, you are seriously not getting the full experience if you don't have every character alive.

Them support convos.

Seriously, I'm even interested in unlocking more Kellam conversations. My favorite has to be the one with him and the Avatar, with rumors going on around camp of a ghost setting up meals and an extra plate always being accounted for. Shit had me rolling.

Chrom

Maybe I'm actually just really late to the party on this, but I find Leif's Blade granting the Despoil skill to be very amusing, because in Thracia 776 (Leif's game), the economy is terrible. I can't believe I'm only just getting this reference until now.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally beat the story in 27 hours.
Now to get to making my ultimate team and then playing the game over and over to get all the supports logged...

Esura

Banned
What's the number next to my weapons? It keeps going down every time I attack or use magic. Do something happen to them if they hit 0?

Chrom

What's the number next to my weapons? It keeps going down every time I attack or use magic. Do something happen to them if they hit 0?

Their usage. A weapon's stamina, basically. Once it reaches 0, it breaks, so be prepared to start using another when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom