• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Can you get yourself screwed in this game, similar to like FF tactics? Should I be using multiple save slots?

Not really. You could create a second save slot before you start pairing people up, in case you didn't want to fully replay the game to match make. Otherwise, you can't really 'screw things up'. Even poor RNG rolls can be repaired with reclassing and maxing out stats.

Roto13

Can you get yourself screwed in this game, similar to like FF tactics? Should I be using multiple save slots?

Only if you let all of your characters die.

Certainly nothing on par with that Final Fantasy Tactics oops-you-saved-in-a-tower-before-a-difficulty-spike-difficulty-curve-what's-that nonsense.

Busaiku

Also, I chose HP as my weakness because I'm the best.

This is the worst thing.
Instead of a good character that excels in one trait, you get a terrible jack of no trades.

Especially if you chose Speed as your plus.
This stupid character can't do anything.

Not like Donny.

Moonlight

Banned
Severa has Sol and Luna right now, and it's surprising how often they activate in succession. It's like having Aether on a fourth character.

Severa is awesome, love her hair flick when she wins :p

BCxrQmUCAAAgsb8.jpg:large
Father and mom are awesome in speed and skill.

Gonna make her a kickass assassin

And then marry my main to have an even speedier skillful Morgan.

OceanBlue

Blue are Forged items. It just means that they're more powerful.

Oh, that's weird. I didn't expect them to give forged items to enemies.

My Maribelle consistently gets the least stat growths out of everyone on my team. At least there are second seals in this game...

massoluk

Banned
Im on hard casual for saving in the chapter and reloading when someone died. But fuck chapter 17 and its never ending gazillion reinforcement of snipers and mages. A few dozen reloads and 2 deaths as well as my pride, but by god I cleared it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I just paired Henry and Tharja together for my second playthrough. Poor Noire.

This is the worst thing.
Instead of a good character that excels in one trait, you get a terrible jack of no trades.

Especially if you chose Speed as your plus.
This stupid character can't do anything.

Not like Donny.

I chose Speed as my plus yeah, and I paired him with that shitty-ass pegasus knight that I'm never gonna level up for the speed boost :)

HARD MODE LET'S GO

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Assassin or Swordmaster for Lon'qu? Leaning toward the latter, but was wondering if the former is better.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Assassin or Swordmaster for Lon'qu? Leaning toward the latter, but was wondering if the former is better.
Gaius is the only Assassin you need.

SolVanderlyn

Second seal, bro.

I made my avatar be skilled in magic and I constantly pair him up with Tharja. Here's to hoping they marry each other.
That's what I did. Paired up, they're unstoppable. Tharja with Ruin equipped + the crit boost my avatar gives = 80% crit chance for me.

I've married:

Vaike/Sully (loved their S conversation)

Lon'qu/Cherche (I was going to marry him to Cordelia, but Cherche came around right after and I love Wyvern riders and I love Lon'qu, so...)

Avatar/Tharja (the conversation was funny, too)

Gonna do Lissa/Kellam next.

I've done the Paralogues to see what the children look like, but exit right after to continue leveling the parents up so they get the skills.

I'm somewhat confused about when to use a second seal, is there any way to know which characters get skills at 10, 15, 20 without actively "cheating" by looking it up? Have Lissa at 19 now so once I get her to 20 I'll use my first I suppose. Healers level up so much faster than everyone else, nice though as I can send her into enemy heavy areas now and she won't take much damage.

Edit: Also, will no class automatically upgrade to another? As in do you always have to use a Second Seal to move on.

More than twenty hours in and I forgot that Kellam existed. It's hard to fit the guy in when the primary tactic is to blitzkrieg the shit out of the opposition

So my avatar is level 10 and only has 17 hp

I know the feel, my avatar got screwed the first 8 or so levels, and it was always in battles where everyone else got amazing level ups, so it just wasn't worth it to restart. The one thing he does have going for him is excellent def, which has been his saving grace

ohlawd

I'm somewhat confused about when to use a second seal, is there any way to know which characters get skills at 10, 15, 20 without actively "cheating" by looking it up? Have Lissa at 19 now so once I get her to 20 I'll use my first I suppose. Healers level up so much faster than everyone else, nice though as I can send her into enemy heavy areas now and she won't take much damage.

Edit: Also, will no class automatically upgrade to another? As in do you always have to use a Second Seal to move on.

Unpromoted - 1 and 10
Promoted - 5 and 15
Special (Manakete, Taguel, Dancer, Villlager, Demon Fighter, Bride) - 1 and 15

Second Seals don't promote units; they reclass units into another.... class >_>
Using a SS on your Lissa will just reclass her into another base class like Troubadour or something.

You'll have to always use a Master Seal to promote from a base class to a promoted class. Special classes like the above don't promote, that's why you'll have to use a SS to change them into something else. (Panne: Taguel -> Wyvern Rider, dah dah dah)

Ketch

Dude Pegasus knights suck. I've only had two and they both died from full health the first time they ever got attacked.

OceanBlue

More than twenty hours in and I forgot that Kellam existed. It's hard to fit the guy in when the primary tactic is to blitzkrieg the shit out of the opposition

I'm not careful enough to blitz through enemies, unfortunately. Luckily for me, +DEF Robin is hilariously tanky.

Unpromoted - 1 and 10
Promoted - 5 and 15
Special (Manakete, Taguel, Dancer, Villlager, Demon Fighter, Bride) - 1 and 15

Second Seals don't promote units; they reclass units into another.... class >_>
Using a SS on your Lissa will just reclass her into another base class like Troubadour or something.

You'll have to always use a Master Seal to promote from a base class to a promoted class. Special classes like the above don't promote, that's why you'll have to use a SS to change them into something else. (Panne: Taguel -> Wyvern Rider, dah dah dah)

Ah, thanks a lot. Had a big misunderstanding of the seal system it seems. Will master seals become more common soon? On chapter 8 at the moment and Lissa should hit 20 within the battle. And just to confirm Donnel is a villager class so as such I should use a second seal after he hits level 15 to get him on a more productive path? Only bronze lances is a rather weak path at the moment.

mollipen

Fire Emblem is more popular with females than most smaller RPGs, that's why the results aren't what you'd expect given all the archetypes present.

Then maybe they should actually put the same effort they put into the game's female characters into its male ones. I had a hell of a time picking a husband due to how little I like most of the male cast.

zroid

Banned
I was forced to grind a few times on the free DLC map because I'm finding it impossibly hard to complete any chapters, paralogues, or spotpass challenges with anything but a team of all my strongest units and pairs. Sigh. (._. )

Effect

Wow. Normal difficulty is so easy. :(. Didn't expect the gap between Normal and Hard to be this wide.

Think I'll be going back to Hard Classic or maybe Hard Casual. I breezed through the first few fights within minutes on Normal. :( Hard might be to hard but at least there is a challenge there.

Dude Pegasus knights suck. I've only had two and they both died from full health the first time they ever got attacked.

Try and get them up a couple of levels in relative safety. Once you hit level 10 or so and their speed starts to kick in... THAT'S when they get awesome. Getting double hits on nearly every unit and having insane dodge is just love.

ohlawd

Ah, thanks a lot. Had a big misunderstanding of the seal system it seems. Will master seals become more common soon? On chapter 8 at the moment and Lissa should hit 20 within the battle. And just to confirm Donnel is a villager class so as such I should use a second seal after he hits level 15 to get him on a more productive path? Only bronze lances is a rather weak path at the moment.

You can buy Master Seals soon. Just a few more chapters to go.
Enemies will start dropping them soon, too.

Yeah, that's what I did for Donnel. Reclassed him the second he got his 2nd skill.

Neiteio

I just end up using Donnel/Nowi to spearhead the offense then everybody else picks off the survivors.
You paired up Donnel and Nowi? Pedophile -- Nowi is 1,000 years old! Go with Best Husband Gregor.

(I'm setting up Donnel with Cherche, cause she seems like a Best Friend's Hot Sister sort of deal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom