• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so in the previous Fire Emblems it's better to level the character up to level 20 before promoting them, but is it better to promote them earlier in this game since you can reclass at any time? So they have a bigger selection of skills?

If you are basically looking to learn as many skills, then yes.

Busaiku

Ugh, Chapter 11...
They had to get criticals, not on the 1st or 2nd turn, but on the 3rd turn...
All the time...

So much time wasted...

Hylian7

Did anyone else catch the reference of the boss and his brother in paralogue 2? They seem to be just like those two guys in the desert in FE7.

ohNOitsRO

This is my first fire emblem and I refuse to play any games I buy on anything but the highest difficulty, and holy shit lunatic mode is pretty hard guys..

ohNOitsRO

Whoops wrong thread

Edit: and I had to do lunatic man.. It's the only way I can enjoy a game.. It's to have the game mentally abuse me into pure joy

Does anyone know the name of the song that plays during the skirmishes? Or at least the first skirmish...I've only played one so far, so I don't know if their are different tracks for the skirmishes.

So danged good. The way the FE theme was worked into it was just brilliant...

leehom

Will the cart be rare? My PX has 15 copies...and it looks like no one purchased a single one. I think the FE 3ds console might be rare tho...

TWILT

Banned
Does anyone know the name of the song that plays during the skirmishes? Or at least the first skirmish...I've only played one so far, so I don't know if their are different tracks for the skirmishes.

So danged good. The way the FE theme was worked into it was just brilliant...

This one? You can also change the music that plays during a skirmish in the options menu.

Roto13

Does anyone else keep getting a bug in the barracks that causes one person to face away from another when having a conversation?

Midou

Fuck Donny, I let him die in his first mission. I don't need no kids in my herd.

Also, I chose HP as my weakness because I'm the best.

The kid who grows up to be the best party member. That feel when the kid with a pot on his head says yee haw after trashing an end-game boss.

GeekyDad

Just finished chapter 9. WOW! This game... I really don't want to stop playing to go grocery shopping.

Yeah, it just occurred to me why I've suddenly been feeling fatigued. I've been playing this game almost nonstop in 3D for roughly 30 hours in the span of three days. Finally had to turn the 3D off. But I ain't gonna stop playing.

The kid who grows up to be the best party member. That feel when the kid with a pot on his head says yee haw after trashing an end-game boss.

O_O He wasn't just a guy who loved bowling? I threw his ashes into the wind, but if what you're saying is true, then they're blowing right back into my face.

Mmmkay, I just opened up Outrealm and did the free scenario a few times. My weapons are starting to wind down to breaking and I can't seem to find a way to earn money. I heard you can earn some gold in these DLC maps. How, exactly?

Fuck Donny, I let him die in his first mission. I don't need no kids in my herd.

Also, I chose HP as my weakness because I'm the best.

Behold the farmboy's might. If I had my 3DS with me I'd post a screen of a maxed out of every stat except magic and res Hero at level 15.

mVWsfJK.png

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I dunno. Donnel and Panne (I thought the trap support conversations were hilariously weird) are both rocking house as a Hero/Assassin respectively, but it takes them forever to get a level up.

Granted, it's the equivalence of something like an extra 20 levels worth of xp slowdown, but why use them when I need to get Lissa to 15 Dark Flier (she's at 9 :/) for Owain to get Galeforce, level up Cherche/Virion and Miriel/Gaius more to get their kids better starting stats/skills, and keep filling out the support convos between kids and parents, while trying not to overly abuse the DLC maps and keep to the story (of which I'm failing).

Incidentally, there's almost too much to do in this game, lol. Gonna have to save a seperate playthrough for when more DLC is out, I think.

chrono01

I just got Henry [focusing on leveling my Units further, now, to get the Skills needed before starting the children Prologue's] and...wow. What a dark sense of humor. He makes me laugh, though, especially his "hee hee" after battle. Oh, and his conversations with Maribelle [his soon-to-be wife] have been interesting.

A quick question about the "Counter" Skill. Does it affect magic, as well, or just melee weapons? I already know that you can't counter with Nosferatu and heal when your enemy attacks, but can you at least hit them back with spells? If not, it seems to be pretty useless for my purposes since I'm planning on making my two children to be amazing spell-casters, just like their parents [MU/Tharja].

Roto13

Just recruited Gaius, the only character I let die in my first file. I never even got the chance to see that his single character trait is an obsession with sugar.

A quick question about the "Counter" Skill. Does it affect magic, as well, or just melee weapons? I already know that you can't counter with Nosferatu and heal when your enemy attacks, but can you at least hit them back with spells? If not, it seems to be pretty useless for my purposes since I'm planning on making my two children to be amazing spell-casters, just like their parents [MU/Tharja].

It is just adjacent attacks. If it is ranged, Counter won't activate regardless if magic or physical.

creid

I played the easiest "Bonus Box" battle a 2nd time, and it told me that by doing it I'd be able to improve the stats of the character you recruit. However after I finished the mission, they just asked me to choose between the character I already had, and another one with identical stats. What's the story?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
WHY

Still wouldn't use him.

It's hard to get him to a usable point but once you do it's yee haw!

Anyway my Gaius almost died today. Some ass with a lance poped up randomly and tried to kill him. He would have done it too if Lethality hadn't proced when Gaius counterattacked. Can you say goddamn?

chrono01

It is just adjacent attacks. If it is ranged, Counter won't activate regardless if magic or physical.

Thanks, but can you counter back using magic, or just via actual weapons [swords/axes/etc.]? I'm trying to decide if it will be worth anything for my Mage, since she won't be using actual weapons much.

Are you going to let all the child characters die? It would be an.. interesting.. second half of the game for you.

SPOILERS

And yes. I guess there's a new one following me that's a mage, which hurts me since I love magic users. But I have to trim the hedges.

If it was up to me, my whole team would be magic users paired with generals.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Donnel is so powerful that I'm fairly certain he could solo the remaining story missions with a single sword.

That's Morgan for me. Donnel is solid, but still takes some hits, whereas almost no enemy can even hit Morgan.. and Ignis activates every-single-turn. I can sent Morgan into any group of enemies in the later Paralogue and story Chapters on Hard and nothing is a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom