• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiteio

I play Casual but still reset when a unit goes down, since all of my units are pairs and I don't want to lose their support progress earned in that mission.

Ketch

Avoid Bows and Wind Magic and their life expectancy will increase.

No it was just an axe dude. She was the second one I've had die all early, and the only two units I've ever lost where both Pegasus knights. Do you even get another one?

Also, I think I want to match my character with Lissa... you know, chance of being KING.

Ha! So true, and the fact everyone resets to cheat the system makes me question why they play Classic in the first place.

Depends... if it's someone I personally find important I'll reset. I've let others who I've had no attachment for though die. I see a lot of Donnel love in this thread... but I let the farmboy die after 3-4 missions of super-subparity. Also what's-his-face who lost his axe. He died in a chapter and I just shrugged and moved on.

Likewise, I would not even pause to mourn my "card" people. Lute died a horrible multi pronged death and the only thing that made me sad was the thought of losing that 7k worth of gold I spent getting her to begin with.

Solune

More than twenty hours in and I forgot that Kellam existed. It's hard to fit the guy in when the primary tactic is to blitzkrieg the shit out of the opposition

He really helps with tanking / baiting swordsmen or other units that do 0 damage to him. I abused him to complete Xenologue 2 early on.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Ha! So true, and the fact everyone resets to cheat the system makes me question why they play Classic in the first place.

I agree with a post I saw a while back, it's like a puzzle. And if someone dies, I failed to solve it. It doesn't matter that they come back at the end of the chapter. The point is for none of my units (or the AI allies, like those dumbass villagers) to die.

And my Kellam is garbage. Dropped him. I've been babying him a little but most of the time he just ends up paired up for a str+def boost on someone who can actually fight. He's constantly gotten RNG screwed, I wanted to use him as a tank, but other units were able to hold their own better than he was. I've been more comfortable sending Miriel off on her own than him.

Wouldn't Kellel and nowi make a super tank baby?

Hmmm. Matchmaking is funner than I thought.

Main unit makes a good dark knight due to the same weapons. Lvl 15 skill is badass too.

Is there a way to play after the final chapter? Beat the game (really enjoyed the end by the way), but just not sure if I can continue after the credits. Or do I just exit out of the last chapter?

massoluk

Banned
I just finished Chapter 17 Hard. When do you guys start collecting 2nd Gen paralogue children? I could only get Sully's kid, the rest are too hard for me to tackle :\

Is there a list of class traits out there so I don't have to second guess my class promotion? -_-

Cheska

Who the hell did you guys pair Donny up with in the beginning to have him level up? Because right now he's my weakest link.

EDarkness

How do you guys feel about hooking the Avatar up with Lucina? I think she looks cool and would be be awesome with the Avatar, but on the other hand I'm kind of fond of Anna and Tharja. I figured I'd get some opinions before I continued.

Roto13

Who the hell did you guys pair Donny up with in the beginning to have him level up? Because right now he's my weakest link.

First few levels are basically getting someone down to 1HP and having him finish them off. Then pair him with Frederick or something. He should be able to hold his own pretty quickly.

Smilax

I had him team up with Frederick and then have someone weaken something to like 7 or less HP and then I let Donny finish him. It was not easy.

Effect

Yup. Hard casual is seemingly like the right choice. Good challenge and if I get hit by a random crit I'm not going to go crazy like I was before. I can even have that character sit out the next battle and pretend they're to injured. haha.

Is there a way of telling the difficulty of the current dlc? Or does the Champions of Yore maps not have any ratings but others to come do?

KarmaCow

When is the cut off for when kids start appearing? I paired up Lon'qu and Sully before getting some good skills on them. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother min/maxing since Hard's diffculty seems to have dropped off but I wouldn't mind trying to get some good skills on the kids.

And my Kellam is garbage. Dropped him. I've been babying him a little but most of the time he just ends up paired up for a str+def boost on someone who can actually fight. He's constantly gotten RNG screwed, I wanted to use him as a tank, but other units were able to hold their own better than he was. I've been more comfortable sending Miriel off on her own than him.

Kellam and Sully are my two main tank units, I pair them up and Sully charges around the field, and then they separate to blockade off enemies if needed. Also their support conversations were cute. Although I have to say that in all situations, Sully should be the one proposing not the other way around.

I was reading the upcoming Spotpass teams and I thought the Shadow Dragon one was kind of interesting because it has Tiki in it, as in thousands of years younger Tiki.

Neiteio

Oh, please.
Well think about it: If people were to treat it like a puzzle and consider a mission not "solved" until one beats it with all units intact, as one argued earlier... they could do this just as easily on Casual. Classic, then, is only distinct if you play it so that the dead truly stay dead -- or in other words, not resetting to salvage cherished units.

Doorman

I paired him up with Kellam for a long while, because that way he could get in some support hits while Kellam tanked stuff, or on occasions where I could bring Donny in to finish an enemy off, Kellam gave a nice defense bonus to aid in his survivability if another enemy did happen to be in range of him.
Now the two of them are A-support best farming bros and Donnel is on the verge of reclassing into a Mercenary, probably the best territory-control units that I have for the time being.

Well think about it: If people were to treat it like a puzzle and consider a mission not "solved" until one beats it with all units intact, as one argued earlier... they could do this just as easily on Casual. Classic, then, is only distinct if you play it so that the dead truly stay dead -- or in other words, not resetting to salvage cherished units.
Masochism.

batbeg

I can't get behind this. If I were playing on casual I would not reset the game 12 times over to make it through a grueling mission, I'd probably instead give into the temptation of just finishing the fight.

So I have been reading this thread trying to decide if I really want to drop $40 on this (that's really high for a handheld game when compared to a $60 console or PC game).

I have played the demo countless times (I just close the 3DS and never exit the demo to avoid the silly demo limit). It seems that the game is alot more complicated than I am seeing in the demo.

Compared to the first Final Fantasy Tactics, how complicated is this game. How steep is the learning curve?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I can't get behind this. If I were playing on casual I would not reset the game 12 times over to make it through a grueling mission, I'd probably instead give into the temptation of just finishing the fight.

Perhaps a person is more tempted to continue than restart on casual rather than on classic.

Tan

Sully, partly to get him to move around faster and get last-hit kills, partly so they could hook up.
Their child is about as OP as Frederick was at the beginning of the game, it's ridiculous.

Midou

When is the cut off for when kids start appearing? I paired up Lon'qu and Sully before getting some good skills on them. I'm not sure if I'm going to bother min/maxing since Hard's diffculty seems to have dropped off but I wouldn't mind trying to get some good skills on the kids.

Kids appear after chapter 13, but the skill inheritance can be any time until you actually ENTER their paralogue yourself. So if you married 2 characters but their low level and don't have any skills worth inheriting, unlocking the paralogue won't force the kid to inherit what they have, you gotta actually enter the map, then skills are transferred.

vall03

Paired him up with Nowi, and my Nah is basically Godlike. No one can barely touch her, and Sol activates almost all the time.

Hylian7

Chapter 6 spoiler:
I knew it seemed weird that Marth's VA was a woman! I still wonder if Marth is actually her real name.

36 hours in. At this point, this is me and Donnel:

0jBw1vt.jpg

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just wanna say that as of Chapter 8, the
time traveling
plot really works well with the general idea of the game.
Cameos of old characters and the event tiles dropping cameo weapons is a very nice touch. Gonna miss it in the next FE.

j-wood

I've never played a fire emblem game before, but I tried this demo and loved it. Are there any deals out there currently?

Roto13

In this case, why does it matter what mode people play? Why is resetting on Casual any more practical than resetting on Classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom