• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So just over 56 hours sunk into my first, long drawn out, playthrough. I'll probably finish up the three, or four Paralogue chapters I have left and put the game down until midyear. By that time, hopefully enough of the DLC is out and I'll give it a second go. I really enjoyed the game; Likeable characters everywhere, lots of great things about Sacred Stones complimented with more difficulty, Street/Spotpass and DLC. Definitely my favourite Fire Emblem.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Might have over leverled on my second playthrough lol. Chapter 8 and my avatar and Chrom are already level 20. Cordelia, Lissa, and Lon'qu are 15.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
What's the deal with the green chick at the shop? Does that just mean there's a sale?

Sometimes items are slightly cheaper, they'll be marked with "sale."

But Anna at the shop means there are also special items, often master/second seals included, once you visit the shop and leave she disappears, so buy anything you want right then.

ohlawd

Thanks for this break down. I had the same question.

just to clarify, the last point at least applies for dual attacks

so like
unit 1 attacks
unit 2 attacks right after
enemy attacks
unit 1 attacks
unit 2 attacks right after

I've never seen it happen for blocks but I assume it applies there also. Unit 2 can both attack and block in the same battle if the percentages are in your favor.

Pairing up also gives a unit a hit, crit, avoid boosts

Mr. Fix

I promoted Owain on my last run into a Swordmaster, but his STR was unbelievably ass. I had to juice him up with 4 energy drops.

Severa as an assassin is super duper cute (and :chet)

BCyyrm3CQAEPHdA.jpg:large

And pretty damn deadly with lonqu pops. Crazy high skill/speed + Astra + lethality + galeforce+ a crit sword.

Can someone link me the map music (along with the battle version if it's available) that plays a few times on/prior to chapter 11? It's dramatic and has vocals. I really, really need to listen to it some more.

ohlawd

yeah... i just recruited batman... (actually he looks more like the guy from wonderful 101)

on like one of the hardest maps so far lol.

I made it through that map with Severa handling all the wyverns.

She is way too good. I don't have any good skills on her except Galeforce but even then, she's a super cute killing machine.

vall03

Severa as an assassin is super duper cute (and :chet)

And pretty damn deadly with lonqu pops. Crazy high skill/speed + Astra + lethality + galeforce+ a crit sword.

I was wondering what class I'd change her after Hero. Looks like it will be Assassin.

yeah... i just recruited batman... (actually he looks more like the guy from wonderful 101)

on like one of the hardest maps so far lol.

That wasn't a particularly hard map tbh. It was hard for me though, because I only had Cherche and one other Dark Flier which made movement in the map fucking difficult!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What determines what stuff shows up in the Barracks? I've noticed a Christmas Tree, for example, and a little cat banner. Is it random?

Also, when a character gets a Surge of Power and their Stats go up during a Barrack Event, how long does that last?

-may give a unit enough of a stat boost to KO an enemy they otherwise could not by themselves
-a unit has low HP and pairing it with another and switching can save it from enemy reach
-easy way to transport units, especially the slow moving ones, to a farther location
-best way to develop relationships
-nulls damage of one attack if they block
-can attack right after you for more damage
There are some minor things in Pair Up that Rescue does better, though.
1. If you have an exposed unit, and you've already used that unit's turn, you can't Pair Up and swap to the support character to protect him.
2. You can't Pair Up with suicidal NPCs.

What determines what stuff shows up in the Barracks? I've noticed a Christmas Tree, for example, and a little cat banner. Is it random?

Also, when a character gets a Surge of Power and their Stats go up during a Barrack Event, how long does that last?
The furniture represents the units you recruit, starting from when you first unlock the barracks.

afaik, stat ups only last for one map.

Is it just me, or are mages kinda terrible? Dark mages got megadrain, but other mages got decent damage but with everyone in later chapters having ranged weapons, you get your ass handed to you instantly cuz you lack avoid and def.

Maybe my miriel and henry just have shit rng, or I'm using them wrong :/

Each character you recruit can add stuff to the Barracks. But not all of them have stuff to add. Also, one mission.

As much as I'm liking this game, the story hasn't really clicked for me yet. It's feeling more like FE8 then FE7 or FE9 to me. Perhaps I just need to give it more time.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is it just me, or are mages kinda terrible? Dark mages got megadrain, but other mages got decent damage but with everyone in later chapters having ranged weapons, you get your ass handed to you instantly cuz you lack avoid and def.

I tend to agree, although the end game surprised me with Ricken being second on the team in terms of battles won. He and Tharja were the two mages I focused on. I had Henry up to a level 5 Sorcerer, or so, but his speed was so brutal that he good defenses didn't matter. Mostly, they made up for my lack of natural archers early on and later they were only good for hitting something that was veeeery weak to magic. Tharja could at least hold her own in the middle of the battle field as a Dark Knight with good defenses. Ricken was often seen behind everyone else, picking off weaklings.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
well, at least the character/s I want are still available! too many waifu candidates to be honest.

I wish the after game would let you see / obtain all the S ranks you wanted across various characters. But I guess there's always Youtube, or hundreds of hours of grinding in my second playthrough.

I have a Dark Knight and I just stick a Knight on her for the defense boosts.

TWILT

Banned

That was beautiful.

Need advice: promote Gaius to Assasin or Trickster?

Gregor to Hero or Bow Knight?

Depends on what you want really. I made my Gaius an Assassin, and he's destroying everything with an S rank support (for me, it's with Olivia), though I think you lose the ability to open chests/doors if you promote to that (with Trickster, you can).

Gregor, I'd go with Hero, though I never used Bow Knight. I haven't had a Hero let me down yet though.

ohlawd

Thank you.

can't really say for certain since I don't know how your other units are set up. Gregor might already be your 4th Hero or something.

Depends on what you want really. I made my Gaius an Assassin, and he's destroying everything with an S rank support (for me, it's with Olivia), though I think you lose the ability to open chests/doors if you promote to that (with Trickster, you can).

Gregor, I'd go with Hero, though I never used Bow Knight. I haven't had a Hero let me down yet though.
Once a unit's learned a skill they'll never forget it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Need advice: promote Gaius to Assasin or Trickster?

Gregor to Hero or Bow Knight?

Assassin and Hero are the 'better classes', but I made Gregor a Bow Knight for variety, with Donnel being the only Hero my team needed. Gaius was sort of left behind with Anna taking the role of Trickster and Morgan being a god-tier Assassin.

But don't fret on it too much. If you change your mind later you can reclass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom