• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Downloading what will be my first fire emblem.

Question:

1) Will digital and cart version of game share same game file or does retail version onto cart?

2) I'm hesitant to ask for unit pairing advice but does the game give you plenty of time and space to experiment on pairing? I'm sure about to commit to a lot of trial and error playing this.

There are endless amounts of random battles for you to test out pairings.. as well as match making for Support conversations. Don't fret over it.

I honestly forgot, but with his current stats I don't think I'd be too wrong in assuming it was +SPD -DEF. He's gonna marry Tharja, so it's not like magic's gonna be an issue. Although tomes are pretty much what's he's used like 80% of the time.

If i take a level 20 unprompted class and bring him back down to one in the same class or any other, will the character still lose some xp gains from that p[oint forward, or does it only really start after a promotion?

Javier

1) Will digital and cart version of game share same game file or does retail version save onto cart?

Thanks, evilmario and hawthorne
HOWEVER

Nintendo did say they are planning to release a transfer tool so you can move your saves from the cart to your system to use them in digital copies in case you plan to sell your carts and go all digital. We don't know yet when this will be out, though, nor how will it work.

vehn

mmmm just beat it on hard, very glad I got Donnel to be Morgan's Dad to get the extra stats skill, had Morgan fully maxed out in stats at the end and he never lost more than 5 HP.

watershed

Banned
Is there a useful guide to class promotions/changes and marriages somewhere? I'm new to FE and some of these gameplay systems are confusing to me. I can't tell what is a good idea or not, like pairing mages or like classes together or should I pair them with contrasting classes?

I hate when my units are too strong for their own good. I got to the end of my current mission, only 4 bad guys left. I camp out a bridge with my Sully backed by the Avatar. The enemies rush her, she kills each one with a double strike, taking more damage each time. She gets killed by the last enemy.

JUST HIT THEM ONCE SO I CAN GET ANOTHER TURN WHY

I feel like this is the first Fire Emblem game where I'm making good decisions. The extra maps make it a little easier at times but I loving this game so far. Just finished chapter 10.

hao chi

I've been sick since yesterday, so I've basically done nothing but sit in bed and play this game all day. I think this is my favorite Fire Emblem; it's just too good.

Neiteio

The real question is, who to match Lucina with? I only have her, Owain and Kjelle of the kids so far. I sneaked a peek at the other kids... Not sure yet!

ohlawd

Virion has awesome supports. Really entertaining guy.

hey Donnel had some good convos with Cordelia

Donnel: "Cordelia you so perfect. You're beautiful, smart, beautiful, perfect and beautiful."
Cordelia: "yeah? here's 10,000 things wrong with you."
Donnel: "oh hell naw"

Jarekx

Cordelia + Kellem

And with all the inheritance and skills, I feel like I'm trying to breed super children. I guess it's no different than breeding pokemon for skill but it feels weird since they are people. :p

Cordelia with Lon qu is probably the best (as in Cordelia not gonna NTR the guy in a week after marriage), also their growths work really well together to make you a fast lethal severa :3

I'm an idiot to not realize the best couple ever.

Henry tharja. The world is doomed.

Just got owain, he's fantastic, it's weird that he's a myridon where he gets quite a bit of mag. And his sprite even has his pose <3

BCzGr-SCQAArdIe.jpg:large

This is my kind of kink.

Marche90

... So I tried to play the game on Hard tonight.

Totally got my ass handled, people dying left and right and bailed out at chapter 6 (as in, deleted the save file).

I might play it again at that difficulty later, but not now, at least for a while. Still, tips would be welcome for that time. Suggestions?

Bullza2o

I love this game. My activity log shows I've played for almost 16 hours, but my official save time is 6 hours (chapter 8). This game is either so hard, or I really suck --or both haha.

I'm contemplating buying the DLC 3-pack for $4. Is it worth it?

hao chi

Ha. Me, too.

As for favorite FE, Radiant Dawn is still my favorite. I'm on chapter 17 in this, so, who knows if it'll change. Not looking likely.

I'm at about the same place as you are.

I'm actually playing through Radiant Dawn at the moment (well, I will be again after I finish Awakening). It's pretty fun, but for some reason it's not gripping me like FE games normally do. I'm pretty far in it too, I just started the fourth act. Though maybe that's where the game really picks up.

Bullza2o

The maps themselves aren't that great.
Nor are the characters you can get, cause the models are pretty generic.

However, they're great for grinding.

Which of the DLCs should be the best, or were generally the best according to the JP releases? I think there's a lot that I'd have to choose the best ones to buy to save money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom