• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marche90

^What this guy said. Morgan with Aether? Hell yeah!

Now that I tried playing on hard, and seeing how I was only on chapter 6 and clocked 4 hours, now I can see why people are playing the game slowly, especially if you aren't used to SRPG's

Also, thanks Busaiku. Will do that.

I think marrying my Avatar with Lucina has some interesting implications
being Grima incarnate, after all. I want to see what she says when she tries to assassinate you if you're her husband. It's like, the one guy who takes away everything she has and destroyed the world is the one guy she loves. How awful is that?

blackflag

This game is awesome. I've played many other srpg and love the genre but never played Fire Emblem.

I have soapy questions that I wasn't given slides for and that I can't find in the manual. Is there a good resource for things like this without asking a million questions to the thread?

Things like:

Is there a way to avoid weapons breaking? Like repair or something?

What is forge?

My silver spear broke and I'm annoyed.

Playing on normal mode where units stay dead. Only to chap 6 but I haven't lost anyone so far. Getting attached to these characters but I'm really going to try and resist reloading saves.

Neiteio

This game is awesome. I've played many other srpg and love the genre but never played Fire Emblem.

I have soapy questions that I wasn't given slides for and that I can't find in the manual. Is there a good resource for things like this without asking a million questions to the thread?

Things like:

What is forge?

My silver spear broke and I'm annoyed.

Playing on normal mode where units stay dead. Only to chap 6 but I haven't lost anyone so far. Getting attached to these characters but I'm really going to try and resist reloading saves.
New to Fire Emblem? Share the love!

I think marrying my Avatar with Lucina has some interesting implications
being Grima incarnate, after all. I want to see what she says when she tries to assassinate you if you're her husband. It's like, the one guy who takes away everything she has and destroyed the world is the one guy she loves. How awful is that?

*SPOILERS*
The dialogue does change for that scene. She can't go through with it because she loves the Avatar. There's probably a different set of lines for being her mother as well.

What is forge?

Forging is useful for leveling up characters that start off really weak and have a low rank in their current weapons.

ohlawd

Things like:

Hammerne Staff can restore weapons back to their full use. Be warned that these staves are one time use only. The skill "Armsthrift" prevents weapon use if triggered (learned by lvl 10 Mercenaries, activates based on 2x Luck %

What is forge?
Makes a weapon's stats better by improving power, hit and critical chances. Costs a lot of money the more you bump up stats.

Answers in bold.

Some supports become accidentally funnier after one of the characters involved is married. Like, "Virion why are you flirting with her, she's married. Not just married, but married to Donnel AKA God in the making, why are you tempting the wrath of God?"

Also, all of Kellam's supports are great, I need more of them.

Saving Anna on Lunatic is impossible. wtf

Paralogue 2 or 4? If 4, why not just use a Rescue staff?

Mr. Fix

*SPOILERS*
The dialogue does change for that scene. She can't go through with it because she loves the Avatar. There's probably a different set of lines for being her mother as well.

Well fuck, I was thinking of marrying Say'ri but now I'm curious. Also, are the child support convos with their fathers always the same?

Neiteio

Ugh, I just don't know who to pair Gregor and Nowi with.
It's too awkward to match them up with anyone at this point.
I married Gregor and Nowi -- GREAT pair. And they go so well today since they're closer in age than anyone else in the game, Nowi being 1,000 and all!

ohlawd

Well fuck, I was thinking of marrying Say'ri but now I'm curious. Also, are the child support convos with their fathers always the same?

Think they're the same in content mostly. There'd be some obvious changes like the mother's name.

Ugh, I just don't know who to pair Gregor and Nowi with.
It's too awkward to match them up with anyone at this point.

I made them pair up together. Surprisingly, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
hey Donnel had some good convos with Cordelia

Donnel: "Cordelia you so perfect. You're beautiful, smart, beautiful, perfect and beautiful."
Cordelia: "yeah? here's 10,000 things wrong with you."
Donnel: "oh hell naw"

Sounds good to me =P

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Yeah, I plan to marry Lucina for that certain scene. Maybe I'll rush through another playthrough on Normal after this one is done. Would do it this time, but I'm using this one to fix up the marriages and skills I messed up the first time.

Also, why does Lissa keep getting Strength for me this time instead of Magic? OTL

Lunar15

I figure they'll rotate out Ike for Chrom. Shame though, I really love Ike and feel like with a few improvements he could be amazing in smash.

Mr. Fix

I figure they'll rotate out Ike for Chrom. Shame though, I really love Ike and feel like with a few improvements he could be amazing in smash.

I'm wondering what the new meme will be for Chrom. Ike's was pretty hard to top. Though smash does in someway create an identity for the characters.

Marche90

I want her to replace a certain someone in Smash Bros. IV.

I dunno. He is totally a mainstay in SSB. Maybe as an additional character or even a full pallete-swap in the worst-case scenario (long hair and all)

Also, I'm wondering. Would that many people miss Ike from the roster? I'm not saying "remove him", but rather asking who would mind here.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about Tharja + Lon'qu. Once the kid maxes his stats as an assassin (or with limit break as any promoted class) vengeance could activate 100% of the time. Then add vantage to always attack first with low HP.

There's probably some sort of flaw here. Like the fact that's not really useful until stats are really high.

Thinking about Tharja + Lon'qu. Once the kid maxes his stats as an assassin (or with limit break as any promoted class) vengeance could activate 100% of the time. Then add vantage to always attack first with low HP.

There's probably some sort of flaw here. Like the fact that's not really useful until stats are really high.

Outside of the fact that 90% of the enemies in the game can't even come close to touching the kid :p

Lunar15

I do feel like the development team really likes Ike though. He seems to turn up a lot in the DLC from what I've seen, and not to mention,
he's the only lord who gets a descendant in later DLC.

Neiteio

What if Smash featured a new two-in-one Fire Emblem characte via the pair dynamic? You could switch them like Zelda/Sheik, but the non-lead character would follow like the non-lead Kong in the DKC games.

The question, then, would be which characters?

Mr. Fix

What if Smash featured a new two-in-one Fire Emblem characte via the pair dynamic? You could switch them like Zelda/Sheik, but the non-lead character would follow like the non-lead Kong in the DKC games.

The question, then, would be which characters?

I'm looking at Chrom/Lucina or Marth/Roy.

I wish I could sell party members that I'm not using into slavery. I could really use the gold.

They're not expendable, dammit!

What if rather than selling them, you could like, have your team be more like a mercenary squad and be able to sell a unit's services or something though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom