• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I recall hearing it's something like 50, with every reclass adding 10 permanent levels to the "internal" level.

The Cumulative Level caps at 20 for Normal, 30 for Hard, and 50 for Lunatic. This combines with your Current/Internal Level. So, at most [at Cumulative Cap]:

As a Level 20 Unit, you'll leve as though you are 40 [Normal], 50 [Hard] and 70 [Lunatic]. But you'll always still be able to gain levels.

Is it worthwhile getting Donny to 15 for Underdog?

I'd say yes. Once he gets past the first few levels he levels fast anyway. It should only take a battle or two to get him to Level 15.

CSX

We need a thread dedicated to Fire Emblem RNG shenanigans.

My avatar's speed has been an extreme case of absolute sadness. promoted at level 20, reclassed at level 15, now at level 10...still only 22 speed

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

My avatar's speed has been an extreme case of absolute sadness. promoted at level 20, reclassed at level 15, now at level 10...still only 22 speed

Wow. Holy shit that's terrible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Two questions

A) Does Gaius suck at the start or am I just fucked RNG? Vaike the same way? Vaike doesn't totally suck for me but like Sully and Lon'Qu are WAY better currently.
B) Do I have to worry about divorces or anything?

Honestly, I feel like the RNG Godess must love me, everyone (except Tharja) has had pretty good growths overall and the one time I had to go for a possibly suicidal move, the character dodged with the odds against it.

The Cumulative Level caps at 20 for Normal, 30 for Hard, and 50 for Lunatic. This combines with your Current/Internal Level. So, at most [at Cumulative Cap]:

As a Level 20 Unit, you'll leve as though you are 40 [Normal], 50 [Hard] and 70 [Lunatic]. But you'll always still be able to gain levels.

Yeah, I didn't remember the exact numbers thanks.

chrono01

Yeah, I didn't remember the exact numbers thanks.

You're very welcome. :)

Two questions

A) Does Gaius suck at the start or am I just fucked RNG? Vaike the same way? Vaike doesn't totally suck for me but like Sully and Lon'Qu are WAY better currently.

A) Hmm, I can't recall. By "suck" do you mean they don't do damage, or are they just extremely fragile and die in 1/2 hits? Maybe try pairing them up until they level a bit more? Sully/Lon'qu were beasts right from the start though.
B) Nope, no divorices, and if they die in battle you can never re-marry [so much for "until death do us part..."]. Do keep an eye on Tharja, though. She has some strange hobbies...

My Tharja has hilariously terrible hit rating (except against other tome users thanks to a special skill). He misses against everyone else just about half the damned time.

This is Severa for me. She's been reclassed 3 times and her magic is only at 12 when she's a Sorcerer. I want you to be a Dark Knight damn it!

Two questions

A) Thief in general start out very weak, but grow into good units. I'd still probably use Anna for my lockpicking needs if I was you and turn somebody else into an Assassin. Vaike paired with somebody who gives him a healthy speed boost is unstoppable I suggest Lon'qu.

B)Nope divorces aren't an issue

PBalfredo

Any advice for saving both Anna and the village in paralogue 2? I've gotten my strategy to the point that I can use Sumia to get Chrom across the river and into the woods near the village within two turns, but then I have to switch to Chrom since archers arrive. I can get Chrom into the village in another two turns (darn woods slowing me down) but by then Anna is either dead, or about to die. Lissa has a physic, but Anna is way out of range and she'd probably die if she hitched a ride on Sumia instead of Chrom.

Is there any penalty to skipping a paralogue for a bit and coming back to it later?

For some reason I chose speed as my avatar's weakness. I have no idea why but I am regretting it constantly.

chrono01

Any advice for saving both Anna and the village in paralogue 2? I've gotten my strategy to the point that I can use Sumia to get Chrom across the river and into the woods near the village within two turns, but then I have to switch to Chrom since archers arrive. I can get Chrom into the village in another two turns (darn woods slowing me down) but by then Anna is either dead, or about to die. Lissa has a physic, but Anna is way out of range and she'd probably die if she hitched a ride on Sumia instead of Chrom.

Is there any penalty to skipping a paralogue for a bit and coming back to it later?

If you want to make things easy, get Rescue for your Medic. Use it on Anna for an easy win.

Also, you should be able to leave/come back without issue, although I haven't done it personally.

KingK

Two questions

A - Gaius sucked for me too and had terrible stat growth so I gave up trying to use him. Vaike is pretty good and I still use him, but he's not as good as my best characters like Sully.

B- No divorces, afaik

Okay two questions and then a statement.

Question #1: I finished Chapter 13, and because nearly half my cast is already married, I had a whole bunch of paralogues pop up. However I've only been remotely successful in one, the others are severely kicking my ass because they're all advanced units that are anywhere from three to four levels higher than my advanced units. Is it better to do a story mission or two and then go back to the paralogues, or am I just doing something wrong?

Question #2: How do I active the SpotPass/Bonus Box stuff? Is there a specific point in the game I have to get to before it's allowed?

Statement: Goddamn my Lissa is fierce. I was upset early on because she was a healer but she was getting the best RNG god blessings of my team (I think three levels in a row she got upgrades in every stat) and when I finally figured it out and turned her into a Sage, she's beasting everything even with the most basic of magic. What a surprise out of nowhere.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Okay two questions and then a statement.

Question #1: I finished Chapter 13, and because nearly half my cast is already married, I had a whole bunch of paralogues pop up. However I've only been remotely successful in one, the others are severely kicking my ass because they're all advanced units that are anywhere from three to four levels higher than my advanced units. Is it better to do a story mission or two and then go back to the paralogues, or am I just doing something wrong?

Question #2: How do I active the SpotPass/Bonus Box stuff? Is there a specific point in the game I have to get to before it's allowed?

Statement: Goddamn my Lissa is fierce. I was upset early on because she was a healer but she was getting the best RNG god blessings of my team (I think three levels in a row she got upgrades in every stat) and when I finally figured it out and turned her into a Sage, she's beasting everything even with the most basic of magic. What a surprise out of nowhere.

1.) They're supposed to kick your ass. Either farm or just proceed and come back to them.

2.) You can get them using the wireless section in your menu.

I started on hard and had to give up because of how overwhelmed I felt by chapter 6.

It is a very defensive game on Hard, and not being able to control when characters strike twice and just run through reinforcements until they themselves are killed is infuriating.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

You can leave, it isn't an issue.

Henry Tharja is hilarious.

I would totally have paired the two of them up if I hadn't already gotten Gaius and Tharja together. But the two of them work well so I'm not disappointed.

But on the subject of support conversations, holy crap at the FemaleAvatar/Lucina C support conversation!
"You're fucking my dad aren't you!" "No I'm not!" "You are too! You want to!" "Fine just follow me around and you'll see I'm not boning your dad." "Fine! I will!"

Tom_Cody

If you don't get easily frustrated, Hard / Classic is probably the way to go. You'll get a good challenge, but can learn along the way. By the end of Hard, you'll probably have an easy time unless you limited yourself on battles outside of story missions (DLC, spotpass, random Risen spawns), but it will be much more satisfying than Normal. On Normal you'll just be steamrolling maps and you might not even develop some of the most basic FE strategies. I wouldn't play Lunatic on your first playthrough; Save it for the second go around.

And I say choose Classic because it will give you a real feel for the series, and it'll most likely change your approach to maps when there is permadeath present. This will also give you a significant bump in difficult, if you're planning on playing without letting anyone die.
If you're going to play Casual, Hard is probably better for you. Classic Normal is also no cakewalk if you don't grind.
Probably casual/hard. That way it isn't too easy, but you also don't have to worry about wasting time resetting.
I'd go hard/casual, with limiting grinding unless you really run into trouble.
Thanks guys. Casual/hard seems like the way to go for me. I will make it a goal to make sure no one dies. Knowing myself at this point in my life, if I play on classic I will never actually finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom