• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for those of us who bought the game on the eShop, how to I redeem it for coins on Club Nintendo? I can't seem to find any evidence that it's been registered with them.

A part of it might be because I only just linked my Club Nintendo account to my 3DS, after I had bought the game. . .

Venfayth

You should play the game Calssic with Lunatic mode then :p

This game has a hilarious number of ways to grind. There are Risen that naturally appear on the map, there are infinite number of 'Bonus Box' teams you can summon to grind against anytime you wish, there are Reeking Boxes to buy/find that put more Risen on the map, and there are StreetPass teams to fight against as well. Not to mention the free/paid DLC from DLC Island.

i use/abuse the 'wireless/bonus box/bonus teams' feature, which lets you fight unlimited battles with teams led by different characters from previous games...

There's these things called Reeking Boxes that summon Risen, normal "random encounter" Risen, and DLC teams with older FE characters and Spotpass teams.

Thanks all!

Roto13

So for those of us who bought the game on the eShop, how to I redeem it for coins on Club Nintendo? I can't seem to find any evidence that it's been registered with them.

A part of it might be because I only just linked my Club Nintendo account to my 3DS, after I had bought the game. . .

So you've screwed yourself. :p

I'm considering making a team of absurdly fast units for Streetpass that all of them have the _____Breaker Skills and no weapons. I wonder how that would go over with people.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Paralouge 3, every villager DIED.

Does this affect anything in the long run? I don't really care since I got some great EXP from it.

Roto13

Paralouge 3, every villager DIED.

Does this affect anything in the long run? I don't really care since I got some great EXP from it.

Any time there are villagers to save, they give you stuff when they make it to the end alive. Some of it's pretty useful but there's nothing important.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, seriously, they literally ran RIGHT for the enemies.

But I've got plenty of great items, so, eh, fuck 'em.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Man, it might be because I'm playing on Hard, but money is pretty tight here (I just completed Chapter 4). I've only had one Risen encounter (and it was a hellish map full of Risen Mages using Elfire and Arcthunder dealing 15-20 damage per attack to my low RES units) and it yielded one Bullion worth 1000 gold. I'm down to about 2.5k after giving everyone Vulneraries and Iron weapons and I don't know when I'll get more, which sucks because one of the stores has Beast Killers in stock right now but they're 1.5k each.

Are all Risen encounters designed to be really challenging or was that just bad luck that I encountered a map of powerful enemies so early?

Watch Da Birdie

Did you do the Risen Encounter in the Chapter 4 (?) arena? That one's incredibly difficult. You're surrounded on both sides, and if you don't have a level advantage, you're screwed. Others tend to be more spread out.

Man, it might be because I'm playing on Hard, but money is pretty tight here (I just completed Chapter 4). I've only had one Risen encounter (and it was a hellish map full of Risen Mages using Elfire and Arcthunder dealing 15-20 damage per attack to my low RES units) and it yielded one Bullion worth 1000 gold. I'm down to about 2.5k after giving everyone Vulneraries and Iron weapons and I don't know when I'll get more, which sucks because one of the stores has Beast Killers in stock right now but they're 1.5k each.

Are all Risen encounters designed to be really challenging or was that just bad luck that I encountered a map of powerful enemies so early?

That mage one is pretty tough especially at the beginning where most of your party doesn't understand the word, resistance.

Uh, since reeking boxes are expensive in hard, you could always try the DLC maps. They net you some decent items from the villages which you can always sell and there are suicidal NPCs that you don't have to protect and can take all your blows.

Oh man Owain is the best. I didn't think I'd be replacing my mainstays with the kid units, but some of the kids are just beastly. Lucina and Morgan are already to their advanced class and since he's a Myrmidon (now Swordmaster) they're basically the Pain Train on everything and nothing can touch them. They're going to be so married.

Another question, though: once you get a pair's support to S rank, can they still be improved? It seems like the more I keep S ranked pairs together, the higher chances of a dual attack and blocking, but I could be misinterpreting.

Another question, though: once you get a pair's support to S rank, can they still be improved? It seems like the more I keep S ranked pairs together, the higher chances of a dual attack and blocking, but I could be misinterpreting.

Not directly, but it could just be the increased skill and def/res that are increasing the chances of them.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Did you do the Risen Encounter in the Chapter 4 (?) arena? That one's incredibly difficult. You're surrounded on both sides, and if you don't have a level advantage, you're screwed. Others tend to be more spread out.

Fortunately I didn't have that one, otherwise it probably would have been impossible for me to survive. It was either the Chapter 1 or 2 map (a field divided by a bridge with a mountainous section to the north) and I just barely avoided getting slaughtered after several failed attempts to beat it.

That mage one is pretty tough especially at the beginning where most of your party doesn't understand the word, resistance.

Uh, since reeking boxes are expensive in hard, you could always try the DLC maps. They net you some decent items from the villages which you can always sell and there are suicidal NPCs that you don't have to protect and can take all your blows.

Are DLC maps replayable?

She's probably got more money than any of the Lords in the game.

Lol. This game is so weird but in a good way. I never thought I'd care about stuff like playing match maker in a video game, but the minute Anna started going on about how important money is it was a major red flag for me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Is there any negative pairing up the Avatar with Lucina? Not sure if I want to do it.

Just the weird feeling you get knowing the the Avatar is going to be banging his best friend's daughter. Who will probably grow up looking at him as an uncle....

EDarkness

Just the weird feeling you get knowing the the Avatar is going to be banging his best friend's daughter. Who will probably grow up looking at him as an uncle....

Heh, yeah. I had that feeling, too. But from the support conversations it seems like she never even knew the guy when she was growing up. Honestly, they shouldn't have had the options for the two of them to hook up....

Either way, I'm worried about any story issues as well as do they have children?

Doorman

Muahaha, the reclassing carousel goes round and round...maybe it's a good thing my second seals are limited right now. Maribelle was promoted to Pegasus Knight because she's been getting some pretty great level ups, even at level 1 her stats are nearly comprable to level 11 and 13 Sumia and Cordy. Miriel then slid over to take Mari's place as troubadour, and Libra took a little step back to fill in Miriel's spot as mage. Take that, Ricken!

Is it odd that I was seeking potential pair-up partners for Libra by going "okay, which of these girls could I see having a thing for a really effeminite man...?"

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Went back to my older save for a bit to kill some time and made Henry a sage. This guy has a 80% critical rate with Ruin when partnered up with Maribelle and 62% by himself O_O. Well, I know who I'm adding to my permanent team this time around.

I'm so weak.

Downloaded this last night. Today i checked best buy and they had a physical copy.

Bought that too :(

Join the club ;_;

Although, I caved and bought it right when it showed up on eShop.

so if Chrom and Sumia have a C rank, but I attained S "marriage" with Gaius and Sumia, I don't have to worry about her outranking Olivia for Chrom right?

Item Box

Finally got Donnel to level 10 and reclaased him to a mercenary. Armsthrift and his high luck stat is gonna be so good together :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally got Donnel to level 10 and reclaased him to a mercenary. Armsthrift and his high luck stat is gonna be so good together :D

I forged him a maxed out Brave Sword called Infinity. I think over the last five chapters it lost three durability, with Donnel slaying dozens and dozens of foes.

So I just unlocked the paralogues where
you recruit the children
and aside from the Owain chapter, I'm getting raped in all of them. Should I not be doing these right now? The Cynthia and Severa chapters just seem impossible right now.

Especially since Cordelia, Sumia, and Cherche are my best units and the Cynthia chapter is just full of badass snipers with silver bows everywhere

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Inigo makes a really interesting
son for Chrom.
His recruitment dialogue was awesome. I can't wait to see his support convos with his sister.

On that same note, his chapter is ridiculous. Not as bad as Severa's or Noire's, but still much harder than the story chapters so far (I'm on Chapter 17 at the moment.) Severa's is nearly impossible.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
you recruit the children
and aside from the Owain chapter, I'm getting raped in all of them. Should I not be doing these right now? The Cynthia and Severa chapters just seem impossible right now.

Especially since Cordelia, Sumia, and Cherche are my best units and the Cynthia chapter is just full of badass snipers with silver bows everywhere

Yes, early on, some of them will just be impossible. You can go in, check enemy levels and make your decision from there. There are a few where you'll be fighting non-promoted units that you can probably handle, but there are also some with promoted units with forged weapons, that you'll want to avoid. *All this is from what I experienced on Hard. Normal or Lunatic might be an entirely different story.

cjkeats

you recruit the children

I got the Severa chapter this morning and it's killing me. I can't keep up with her.

Hum, how embarrassing.

Turns out I'm on chapter 14 and I've somehow managed to miss recruiting Libra in chapter 9 (but I got Tharja??). Kind of stings, I was actually in need of a healer at one point. Additionally... I've made some class change choices that I don't really like after trying them out.

I am pretty seriously thinking about starting over at this point, even though it seems rather late in the game :p What I'd like to know is if I am close enough to the end, such that finishing the game would probably take less time than starting over, or if Libra has any significance to the story.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hum, how embarrassing.

Turns out I'm on chapter 14 and I've somehow managed to miss recruiting Libra in chapter 9 (but I got Tharja??). Kind of stings, I was actually in need of a healer at one point. Additionally... I've made some class change choices that I don't really like after trying them out.

I am pretty seriously thinking about starting over at this point, even though it seems rather late in the game :p What I'd like to know is if I am close enough to the end, such that finishing the game would probably take less time than starting over, or if Libra has any significance to the story.

This is what you're looking at
Story-wise you're just over half way through, although later battles can take much longer than earlier ones. You also have a dozen Paralogues to do, although they are optional. If you reeeeaally want to start over, it'll probably take you much less time than it did original, knowing the maps, skipping story scenes. Or just play the game out and take up a second playthrough later

Sallokin

Hum, how embarrassing.

BEATTTTENNNNN LIKE DONNEL

Kenai

Hum, how embarrassing.

25 chapters in the main story, and that's not including the extra chapters like Paralogues and Outrealm DLC. You aren't really that close imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom