• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Hum, how embarrassing.

Turns out I'm on chapter 14 and I've somehow managed to miss recruiting Libra in chapter 9 (but I got Tharja??). Kind of stings, I was actually in need of a healer at one point. Additionally... I've made some class change choices that I don't really like after trying them out.

I am pretty seriously thinking about starting over at this point, even though it seems rather late in the game :p What I'd like to know is if I am close enough to the end, such that finishing the game would probably take less time than starting over, or if Libra has any significance to the story.

RESET NOW
YOU MUST GET

Setre

Finally beat it. In game time says 41:50:09, activity log says 53:41 so not that far off. Now for some spoilers regarding the end!

I went with the ending where the Avatar sacrifices him/herself and beats Grima once and for all. If this is the canonical ending for the game whose going to be the main bad guy from now on? Awakening was my first Fire Emblem so I'm just assuming Grima is always the one pulling the strings at the very end.

cjkeats

Rescue makes any mission that involves protecting NPCs so much easier. It allows you to recover from a mistake as well. Never leave home without it.

And here I was relying on my Pegasus knights to fly me around. Funny because in the brief time I spent with shadow dragon right before I snagged this early, you get a character who can rescue almost right away. Don't know how I forgot about it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Finally beat it. In game time says 41:50:09, activity log says 53:41 so not that far off. Now for some spoilers regarding the end!

I went with the ending where the Avatar sacrifices him/herself and beats Grima once and for all. If this is the canonical ending for the game whose going to be the main bad guy from now on? Awakening was my first Fire Emblem so I'm just assuming Grima is always the one pulling the strings at the very end.

There's always some sort of
great evil that's awakened within these games it seems. Demon Lord, Fell Dragon, etc, etc. as well as the political power struggles. I went with the MU sacrifice ending too.

Midou

Technically, I think while it tries to make all the fire emblems in one universe
the story is only directly tied to the first and third games

Thankfully some of them are about less generic subjects..

VICI0US

So did nintendo release a bundle with all of the DLC packed together in japan? or are these packs of 3 maps the best we're going to get?

Delio

Piti9dhl.jpg

Yup

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Technically, I think while it tries to make all the fire emblems in one universe

I think it's also tied to the ninth and tenth games because of
Paris/Priam's appearance as Ike's descendent
. Really looking forward to that DLC! (Or is it SpotPass?)

Mr. Fix

I chose that too. I'm wondering how much different the other ending is. I hope that everyone still has a piece of dialogue.

Spotpass.

Roto13

If you want to see the other ending, just load your save and do the last level again.

Spotpass. So he's an actual character and not just a card. (Also free.)

It's directly tied to Fire Emblem Gaiden (2) as well. The entire continent of Valm is named after the hero Alm from Gaiden, and his unification of the continent.

Quick question about the mid-game paralouges

I know you recruit the kids then but lets say I grind and get the parent's stronger and some skills before doing the paralouges...do they get those skills or it is only the skills at the time of marriage support rank? I gotta get my Donnell to beast mode first

Quick question about the mid-game paralouges

I know you recruit the kids then but lets say I grind and get the parent's stronger and some skills before doing the paralouges...do they get those skills or it is only the skills at the time of marriage support rank? I gotta get my Donnell to beast mode first

Until you actually start mission you can grind away :)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, he basically ran to Chrom the moment he was in range instead of trying to kill himself against the enemies. It was a welcomed change.

Seconded.

I also liked how, in the same chapter, Tharja ranged attacked my characters to prevent them counter-attacking and killing her, unlike Gaius who ran right up to Chrom, attacked him, and, luckily, barely survived.

This is what you're looking at
Story-wise you're just over half way through, although later battles can take much longer than earlier ones. You also have a dozen Paralogues to do, although they are optional. If you reeeeaally want to start over, it'll probably take you much less time than it did original, knowing the maps, skipping story scenes. Or just play the game out and take up a second playthrough later
25 chapters in the main story, and that's not including the extra chapters like Paralogues and Outrealm DLC. You aren't really that close imo
RESET NOW
YOU MUST GET
Okay then, guess I'm probably starting over :p It's oddly not all that bitter though, I kind of look forward to trying again, with what I know now.

And if I'm going to start over, might as well discuss my game plan beforehand and see if there are any holes I can patch up.

Basically I want to try an army with mostly fliers, cavalry, archers and magi, with one or two tanks in cases where I can't avoid damage. An ideal case would be like Cherche (Griffon Rider) + Virion (Sniper), with Deliverer and Long Bow, allowing the pair to attack up to 13 spaces away or something weird like that.

I'm assuming such an army would be mostly sound, but is there anything I should look out for, anything I might need to worry about?

I realize that due to being able to SS/MS indefinitely I can pretty much do anything, but I figured I might ask for opinions :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Okay then, guess I'm probably starting over :p It's oddly not all that bitter though, I kind of look forward to trying again, with what I know now.

And if I'm going to start over, might as well discuss my game plan beforehand and see if there are any holes I can patch up.

Basically I want to try an army with mostly fliers, cavalry, archers and magi, with one or two tanks in cases where I can't avoid damage. An ideal case would be like Cherche (Griffon Rider) + Virion (Sniper), with Deliverer and Long Bow, allowing the pair to attack up to 13 spaces away or something weird like that.

I'm assuming such an army would be mostly sound, but is there anything I should look out for, anything I might need to worry about?

I realize that due to being able to SS/MS indefinitely I can pretty much do anything, but I figured I might ask for opinions :p

With lots of fliers you'd need to watch for wind magic and bows.

Roto13

Best thing ever: Sticking a General or something on a Pegasus Knight, flying next to a bowman, and switching to the General and taking it out. Bonus points if there are other archers in the area.

Marche90

I call Second Seal.

Where's the Tiki love?

Working on it.

Started again, but I'm trying to cram as many S supports as possible. Easy way to keep them in the Support Log: Save in an empty save file, delete later, keep playing as normal on your original save file. The S support stays in there.

Mr. Fix

Working on it.

Started again, but I'm trying to cram as many S supports as possible. Easy way to keep them in the Support Log: Save in an empty save file, delete later, keep playing as normal on your original save file. The S support stays in there.

I'm really glad they let you do that. Even I don't think I could cover enough separate playthroughs for them all.

Also my Sumia is actually gaining STR? Fuck yeah!

There are choke points in this game? It's like Kansas out here, flat and open for as far as the eye can see.

Depends on the map I guess.

Been grinding on Paralouge 4 and due to where you start there are a good number of places to intercept the enemies. Tossing Kellam and his wife pretty much means I don't have to pay close attention to them unless I'm fighting a mage encounter.

Mr. Fix

No. But you can use the temporary boosts to go over the max.

Do you still keep gaining invisible attributes if a class has already reached its cap? An example would be if my General hit its STR cap, will it still be the same number if I use a Second Seal to change him into a Great Knight, who would have a higher STR cap?

Item Box

I forged him a maxed out Brave Sword called Infinity. I think over the last five chapters it lost three durability, with Donnel slaying dozens and dozens of foes.
:O
Sounds tempting to do, but he would probably over level everyone in no time. I'm trying to keep my whole team on equal footing.

Do you still keep gaining invisible attributes if a class has already reached its cap? An example would be if my General hit its STR cap, will it still be the same number if I use a Second Seal to change him into a Great Knight, who would have a higher STR cap?

I believe so, but unsure of the specifics behind it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Working on it.

Exactly what I'm doing, having t playthrough the game twice more to the end shouldn't be too hard after amassing most supports the first time.

Goddamnit, Sumia is literally blocking me from using the barracks because she wants to have a conversation with Chrom.

Not going to happen though. Because in this playthrough, Chrom is Olivia's man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom