• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
henry tharja confession... I feel like bad things will result from this.

Virion and Olivia should be canon based off the kid Olivia has.

What else 'canon' feeling pairs due to kid have yall found?

Think Vaike and Cherche works due to Gerome's hair is pretty much exactly Vaike's.

Is this upcoming 'exp farming' dlc worth it?

Like how much exp do you get?

Thinking of maybe holding off making super babies until then and maybe play some other games lol.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
No, it just means the game will only count the levels you earned up to 20 in normal mode. It is just where it'll stop decreasing the amount of exp you earn. You can still continue to gain exp after that point.

The whole keeping track of what levels you gained is taken into account with your unit's current level in determining how much exp you gain per kill. The game puts a cap on the counting the levels you earn.

It means that in harder difficulties, you'll be gaining less exp the more times you change classes, since it'll keep counting til it reaches the higher cap. This has nothing to do with what stats you'll gain.

So... the only thing I "wasted" by class-changing my guys at level 10 instead of level 20 is that I'll have to pay for another second seal/master seal 10 levels earlier than if I'd levelled them to level 20 before using it? That's very comforting if true. Or do the skills gained change based on whether they level as basic class/advanced class? I'm just letting myself be surprised by skills anyway :D

Instro

Dat feel when you get a single point during a level up.

I'm not too far into the main storyline yet, I've been dicking around with dlc maps and such quite a bit to farm up xp and support. Having a blast so far though.

Not Lon'qu ;_;

I was training him too. But I needed someone to hold off the wyvern reinforcements. So I sent him up there to do the job with a Wyrmslayer and a paring with Gregor.

RNG was not his friend, and Lon'qu got hit with the first 2 30% axe hits they threw at him. Needless to say, Gregor did not make it out alive once on his own either.

Finally got to the dlc pack and was going through the first mission......

iH5UigjUgTXZc.jpg

Holyshitwhatthefuck is that, what is wrong with their faces? Terrifying beyond measure when I saw that face.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... the only thing I "wasted" by class-changing my guys at level 10 instead of level 20 is that I'll have to pay for another second seal/master seal 10 levels earlier than if I'd levelled them to level 20 before using it? That's very comforting if true. Or do the skills gained change based on whether they level as basic class/advanced class? I'm just letting myself be surprised by skills anyway :D

Just quoting myself in hope that someone can confirm this. If that's the case, I'd be super happy, to know I'm not losing out on exp.

Have 1 top2 D-man out for 3 more games, my 2nd best goal scorer out for the whole playoffs, as well as my starting goaltender out for the whole playoffs. -sigh-

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Holyshitwhatthefuck is that, what is wrong with their faces? Terrifying beyond measure when I saw that face.

Is that a character from an early Fire Emblem game? That's pretty much how Japanese fantasy characters looked in the early 90s.

I'm building up support with my MU just to see the dialogue.
Some of the marriage proposals seem rushed, but there are a few that are genuinely touching.

This is a game that you can play forever. I'm 15 hours in and I just figured out how to summon more Risen to the game to grind. I just grinded for over 5 hours and still not bored!

I think I can easily pour in over 80 hours just leveling up everybody.

hey... guys I think I figured out how to grind like a motherfucker.

Equip the preferably promoted guy you want to train with a 1-2 weapon (javelin, handaxe, magic)

Summon florina's spotpass team (which is a bunch of weakass garbage)

turn off battle animations. set skip actions to all.

End turn

end turn

end turn

end turn

At the minimum you get like... what 80% in less than a min it takes to finish the map?

iH5UigjUgTXZc.jpg

Is that a character from an early Fire Emblem game? That's pretty much how Japanese fantasy characters looked in the early 90s.

It's the heroine from the second half of Seisen no Keifu.

And let's just say that art kind of matches her heritage.
emot-v.gif

I'm surprised they used that art for Julia, though, because there's a lot of better pictures of the girl around.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120512125621/fireemblem/images/1/16/Yuria_(FE_Treasure).png

http://images.wikia.com/fireemblem/images/6/65/YuriaTCG.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I've been wondering why my characters and the characters in the art have different hair color. Then I put two and two together and realized that the hair color is dependent on the parents. lol

I've been wondering why my characters and the characters in the art have different hair color. Then I put two and two together and realized that the hair color is dependent on the parents. lol

The kids' hair color got me thinking of what could be the canon parent for each kid. Or is it just the default art is based on their moms?

Yeah, the promotional art gives the kids the hair color their mothers have. In-game, it's based on who their dad is.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah, the promotional art gives the kids the hair color their mothers have. In-game, it's based on who their dad is.

It's not the mom for the promo art all the time. Same for the dad. I have Inigo whose hair is based off the mom rather than the dad... Also Owain.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Geez Chapter 12 was a pain on classic with a bumrushing every turn without time to regroup. I guess I could have cowered my way through, but that's not my style on such a small map. :(

I hate myself.

I was doing absolutely amazing on Lunatic Paralogue 4. I beat the initial rush of tough enemies. I recruited
Anna
. I got some nice level ups. And I was just meticulously luring out enemies, so I could use my new friend to loot all the treasure chests.

Just a great experience after my 18,000 tries on Chapter 9. So I'm about an hour into a single playthrough of Paralogue 4, and I'm grabbing the plunder. I check all the enemies' ranges around the boss, and I think I'm safe. So I move towards the next treasure chest.

But...

I forgot to check the boss himself. And he's a mobile boss. And his range extended through fucking the wall, so he could range attack Sumia with his Tomahawk. And he had a 33% chance of hitting her. And he does. And it kills her.

And I reset. And I hate myself.

I'm excited to see how they implement music from this game into Smash Bros. I'm hoping for some epic medleys!

That also reminded me of how this is the first *real* Fire Emblem iteration since Brawl came out.

Chapter 16 on Hard is killing me. It'd be the easiest map in the world except that I refuse to let those thieves go. The stuff they're carrying isn't even that great.

Any advice? It's the map
at the base of the giant tree.

I think I'm at the point where I'm just going to pick and team and stick with it. Hard mode isn't really challenging anymore, so I don't see much point in grinding to get good skills for all these children when I should probably just finish the game and move onto lunatic. I've kind of soured on the unlimited XP thing. I prefer having to manage your experience and team's leveling, it was a lot more interesting than how it works in this game. I also miss bonus XP for completing objectives/finishing the mission in X number of turns. Now I feel like I can just mess around because there's no reason to finish maps in less turns.

Gestahl

I hope not since as I mentioned before somewhere it's probably my biggest problem with the game. The game is so packed with content (and has several characters with darker skin tones in it) that I really wish they had thrown that in, especially since
both Plegia and Ferox seem to have a lot of dark skinned non-generic characters
. It's a minor complaint for me though, compared to all of the new things they added/old good ones they brought back, so I've forgiven them for now. Besides, the real stirring pot thing has been
no homosexual S class relationships possible (aka gay marriage)
, and from what I can tell that's been a pretty tame discussion too.

I would settle for at least one option beyond sickly pale albino personally.

Chapter 16 on Hard is killing me. It'd be the easiest map in the world except that I refuse to let those thieves go. The stuff they're carrying isn't even that great.

Any advice? It's the map
at the base of the giant tree.

Galeforce. Pair up two characters with galeforce and switch between kills now you've got three turns.

vall03

Finally decided to finish the game, since grinding out Support levels started to be very tedious for me. I guess I'll just wait a couple of months for someone on the internet to compile them all.

Anyway, the games really great and very addicting. Also loved the Casual mode option. For comparison with other Fire Emblem games, I can't say much since I've played all localized games except for Shadow Dragon and I've only finished Radiant Dawn. If theres anything disappointing with Awakening, its the story since theres little to no world-building and the whole Ylisse felt really flat. One aspect I really enjoyed with Radiant Dawn was the exposition on Tellius. I never played Path of Radiance before it, but I really loved the setting which hooked me right away. The game even felt like Suikoden to me.

But for the overall experience, I'd say Awakening is really a solid game. Loved it from start to finish.

KJA

I need to stop playing side quests and risen if I'm ever going to finish this game.

On the other hand, Olivia is now level 18 and is now married to Kellam. They make such a cute couple lol.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished game after marathon.

1. Fuck spawning enemies.
2. Fuck 10 range dark spells.
3. Fuck Sumia.
4. Fuck Olivia.

My avatar was a pretty OP spell caster.

I guess olden times it was OK to marry your 1st cousins.....?

I hate weapon degradation of any kind.

Eyes...hurt.... Kinda dizzy. Sseslskdjflasssleeeeep now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom