• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier

Besides, if you want the 100% complete ending, then you have to
pair all the females characters, including the loli dragon.

Makonero

Just played through the demo and now I'm sad to see that I have to wait a WEEK to actually buy it! Oh well. I'm pumped. This will be the first actual 3DS game I'll have bought since Mario Kart 7. I've been picking up eShop games and DS games I missed though, so I still have a bit of a backlog, but I'm ready for some sweet, beautiful 3D Fire Emblem.

That's racist
That's the joke haha.

Pretty much paring with Nono simply because that's the only way to have 4 DRAGONS. Hell that's like half the army! Combined with the fact that you can actually buy the dragonstones in this game and it's an awesome proposition.

Not to mention they'd all be chicks.
Sad though that I can't pair with Tiki, she's nicer.

Chrom

Wow, I actually got mentioned in the OP. :eek:

Does anyone know if Serenes Forest is down due to some kind of server overload and not a DOS attack or something? Personally I imagine it'd likely be the former but I sincerely wish nothing bad happened to the site either and would like to know for sure.

I know you're reading this, Vincent!

It'd be funny if Vincent was a gaffer.
Lunar, it's not really the "core" of the game or anything, it's there, it's prominent, but with the exception of one case it's just to get more characters, totally optional. And hell, even in the one case you don't have to actively try to do it. It's just Supports from the previous games with a little extra if you support two different gendered characters. It's not with some weird conversation love meter thingy or anything like that.

Honestly the waifu bits in the conversation seem more like joking than anything.

Does anyone know if Serenes Forest is down due to some kind of server overload and not a DOS attack or something? Personally I imagine it'd likely be the former but I sincerely wish nothing bad happened to the site either and would like to know for sure.
I've been told it's a hard drive failure, which doesn't sound too bad, but there will be some lost data (around a day's worth) and it'll time to transfer the backups to the new hard drive.

All this talk of "waifu's" is really turning me off from the game.
You could play as a female Avatar if it really bothers you : P

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I am kinda interested in this game but I left Shadow Dragon unfinished and the completionist in me wants to finish that first except not really. :(

Shadow Dragon needed more moé.

Side note, is that Lucius as your avatar?
Afraid not. It's Elena from Ys: Oath in Felghana.

(I'll probably change to a FE:A avatar as soon as SF is online again. There was an image I was going to use, but I can't access it anywhere else >___<)

Mupod

Just a heads up for people who ordered from EB in Canada - I ordered online and live in Northern Ontario, and they just shipped my order. So it's not just instore orders in Toronto.

FREE THE LOLIS! STOP THE HATE :V!
iXwSvLb58mwg8.gif

Takuan

Anyone know if there are plans to localize the Japanese art book for this game? Might be the first I try to import if not. Really dig the artist's designs.

I haven't heard of any plans to bring over Knights of Iris, but who knows. I'd love to get it myself as well.
I really hope someone picks it up. We need more 300+ page art books; preferably in hard cover.

Holy crap. I just tried ordering from Amazon Japan... 3800Y for the book, 3000Y for shipping. Too rich for my blood.

Chrom

Anyone know if there are plans to localize the Japanese art book for this game? Might be the first I try to import if not. Really dig the artist's designs.

I haven't heard of any plans to bring over Knights of Iris, but who knows. I'd love to get it myself as well.

In UDON we trust =D, do it UDON.

I'd actually like to figure out how UDON selects which art books to translate. My friend showed me the Atelier Rorona/Totori one in English last night and considering how niche that series is makes me very curious about the possibilities of the chances of the official Fire Emblem artbook coming out here...

I'd actually like to figure out how UDON selects which art books to translate. My friend showed me the Atelier Rorona/Totori one in English last night and considering how niche that series is makes me very curious about the possibilities of the chances of the official Fire Emblem artbook coming out here...
I think they target the gaming audience that they know will buy art books lol, specifically the types who may buy the merchandises if given the chance XD. For example, the Persona fans, Valkyria Chronicles and such =D, or maybe cause they know some art are too good to be passed up XD.

Same here. What about the games with artbooks that aren't out in English like Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Shining Force Feather?

It's still really cool of them though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Anything I need to know if I want to get all the characters? Do I need to be playing with a guide, so I make sure to bring everyone on the right missions, and get to any gaiden chapters, etc? Or can I figure it out in-game?

Same here. What about the games with artbooks that aren't out in English like Valkyria Chronicles 3 and Shining Force Feather?

It's still really cool of them though.

Well to be fair I'm sure that UDON will only really bother to localize an art book if the game's been released in the States. I'm sure that they have to consider how many copies X game sold since they're a small company. Although again...they released the Atelier artbook and while it's been a decent seller for NISA it isn't exactly a world beater.

Jarate

Banned
My local gamestop stopped taking pre-orders for the game

Luckily I picked mine up a while ago

but that's probably a good sign and saying that the game is selling beyond expectations.

Although I could live in Weaboo central, as I wasn't able to get the Ni No Kuni Steelbook case either

Also, fuck Nintendo for releasing the fire emblem 3ds so late. I would've picked that shit up at launch

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Considering the Zelda art book is the #1 selling book period on Amazon right now, I'm sure there's a very keen interest at the publishers of those sorts of things in localizing other Nintendo art books of any significance.

Well to be fair I'm sure that UDON will only really bother to localize an art book if the game's been released in the States. I'm sure that they have to consider how many copies X game sold since they're a small company. Although again...they released the Atelier artbook and while it's been a decent seller for NISA it isn't exactly a world beater.
They're releasing the Valkyria Chronicles 3 artbook here in a few months. So your theory falls apart.

Anything I need to know if I want to get all the characters? Do I need to be playing with a guide, so I make sure to bring everyone on the right missions, and get to any gaiden chapters, etc? Or can I figure it out in-game?
Think you should be able to easily get every character by just playing through it, just make sure characters get married and thus children characters.
Like most Fire Emblem games, some recruitments may require you to check certain buildings, talk to a character with a certain character to convince them to your team.

Unlike other Fire Emblem there will be characters that will be unlocked through spot pass, so don't worry if you see like 5 or so shadowed characters that you cannot seem to find. They will be released in due time.

Considering the Zelda art book is the #1 selling book period on Amazon right now, I'm sure there's a very keen interest at the publishers of those sorts of things in localizing other Nintendo art books of any significance.

Yah, I'm fairly confident they'll at least LOOK into this release. I mean, FE does have a pretty big fanbase so there's $$$ to be had.

I'm surprised that publishers they didn't tried this before. Maybe there is no a fanbase as big as Japan for the franchises but there is a market for this kind of books

Despera

Banned
Just finished the demo for the 2nd time. Loving this shit. Add me to the list of people who are experiencing Fire Emblem for the first time.

btw, this Marth person's voice sounds like a kid trying to be all grown up or something. Typical effeminate JRPG dude haha

Busaiku

Anyone know if the preorder book are selections from the full artbook, or are something different?
I saw the pics here, but I dunno what's in the big artbook or anything.

Last night I had a dream. A dream of weaboos and anime. Long, spikey hair and the smell of turnips and catfish. I awoke to the sound of my brother gnashing taro root in his teeth, and headed downstairs for my morning miso. But instead of slurping it gleefully as I usually do, I took the miso paste and began to rub it ok my face, pushing it in to the creases of fat rolls that encase my neck.

mollipen

Well, the marriage and support system are mechanics/features. Waifu fantasizing, "shipping", and generally talking about video game characters as if they are actual sexual entities is a voluntary extension of the Fire Emblem universe.

I have to say, as somebody new to Fire Emblem, I find it far creepier to come at the marriage/child system on a technical "what would give me the best results" lever, versus getting into a bit of shipping. In the latter, I'm still thinking of my characters as characters with personality and whatnot. In the former, it's like looking at them simply as baby factories.

Jarate

Banned
Last night I had a dream. A dream of weaboos and anime. Long, spikey hair and the smell of turnips and catfish. I awoke to the sound of my brother gnashing taro root in his teeth, and headed downstairs for my morning miso. But instead of slurping it gleefully as I usually do, I took the miso paste and began to rub it ok my face, pushing it in to the creases of fat rolls that encase my neck.

So Kawaii ~ Desu!

I have to say, as somebody new to Fire Emblem, I find it far creepier to come at the marriage/child system on a technical "what would give me the best results" lever, versus getting into a bit of shipping. In the latter, I'm still thinking of my characters as characters with personality and whatnot. In the former, it's like looking at them simply as baby factories.

You need to control your power gaming and just go after your waifu/husbando

scy

I approve of this message. I think.

They are merely stats.

Stats and better hair color options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom