• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Picked up my copy today at Queen and Spadina EBgames in Toronto. They had three more non-preorder copies for those interested.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I'm surprised that publishers they didn't tried this before. Maybe there is no a fanbase as big as Japan for the franchises but there is a market for this kind of books
There have been plenty of video game art books localized and released here in the past 5 years, it's hardly a new phenomenon.

There just hasn't been one for as large and rabid of a fanbase as Zelda. And that's not really anyone's fault on the US publisher side, it's just that there was no significant source material to localize. It was a sea change in Nintendo's policy that they even published something like Hyrule Historia in the first place, historically they've always been extremely tightfisted with letting anyone get any peeks behind their curtains. Just a few years ago, hoping to see design docs and prelim sketches from Zelda games would be akin to hoping to see a dodo.

I'm sure HH's success has them rethinking their secrecy a bit.

I find it funny that it seems like this is the game that GAF is most interested in at this particular instance. I haven't been paying TOO much attention but so far the past two weeks I've had a thread on this game on first page.
Just seems weird given I've always felt like FE was something of a niche. At least as far as any Nintendo game would be concerned.

I find it funny that it seems like this is the game that GAF is most interested in at this particular instance. I haven't been paying TOO much attention but so far the past two weeks I've had a thread on this game on first page.
Just seems weird given I've always felt like FE was something of a niche. At least as far as any Nintendo game would be concerned.

Well, lack of big game announcements, some big releases having horrible PR and marketing, a big 3DS release...

Well, how many have you bought? If you want to see more, how are you helping the situation forward?

None, but not because I don't want to (lack of money and I need to import them because I'm not from US or Canada) . And don't misunderstand, I'm glad this boom from Video Game Artbooks, I didn't want to sound ungrateful.

cackhyena

This game has me considering getting a 3DS, even never having played a Fire Emblem before. Are there sales often in the e shop?

I still don't get it though. How come this particular entry in the series just seems so appealing?

This. I've never wanted to play an FE game until this week. I tried the demo and it was great. I think I'm going to have to
return Ni no Kuni to Gamefly and get this for the time being

It's fun!

Mupod

I still don't get it though. How come this particular entry in the series just seems so appealing?

In my case it's just been a really long time since I played one and I kinda feel like it at the moment. The hype
and Tharja
did the rest.

I'm glad it's coming early (fuck yeah Canada) because I have too much stuff coming up. I think this can coexist with Dead Space 3 though.

Good art: Check

Nice graphics: Check

Marriage system: Check

Evolved system: Check

Yah, I'm more excited for Awakening than I ever was for Radiant Dawn on the Wii. Granted, one of my favorite things about the FE series has always been the support system and since they basically went and stripped that away I had no incentive to finish RD.

Definitely like where the series is headed on the 3DS though :).

I just want it for the moé.

Respect points for being honest!

Wilsongt

I totally forgot the return of a decent support system: Check

Perhaps the way Nintendo is pushing this is their way of trying to win over our forgiveness for not giving us the superior Fire Emblem DS remake.

cackhyena

Support system?

I haven't kept up on 3DS things at all. If I were to get one, any highly recommended games to start off with?

JazzmanZ

I totally forgot the return of a decent support system: Check

Perhaps the way Nintendo is pushing this is their way of trying to win over our forgiveness for not giving us the superior Fire Emblem DS remake.

Or maybe they flipped a coin to see if we get Fire emblem or Animal crossing first and FE won.

I will have to wait to get this because I'm between jobs at the moment.

I also really wanted to get the FE 3DS (awesome color of blue) to replace my Zelda 3DS, but I just can't justify it.

I'm super hyped beyond imagination. This game will hold me for awhile.

Someone aks for 3DS recommendations and no one mentions Resident Evil? For shame...

Revelations and Mercenaries 3D are both great, but only get Mercs if you liked Mercs on RE5/4. It's DEFINITELY just to appease to mercs fans, and not for anyone who didn't already like it.

Support system?

I haven't kept up on 3DS things at all. If I were to get one, any highly recommended games to start off with?

Just off the eShop, Crimson Shroud, Pushmo/Crashmo, and our own Beril's game, Gunman Clive. And can buy all of those for less than 1 physical retail release game on sale.

cackhyena

Thanks, all. Don't know whether to get the xl or regular, though. I could have sworn I heard regular was going down even more in price soon.

cjkeats

Just got it. Didn't see anyone else confirm, even though its obvious, there are indeed Club Nintendo points in this.

Effect

Does anyone remember how large of a download Fire Emblem is suppose to be? Speaking of which is there a way of knowing how many MB a certain of blocks takes up?

I wish Nintendo would just display how much storage is being taken up in normal terms.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone remember how large of a download Fire Emblem is suppose to be? Speaking of which is there a way of knowing how many MB a certain of blocks takes up?

I wish Nintendo would just display how much storage is being taken up in normal terms.

1 block = 128 kB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom