• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
That's also true. I definitely don't prefer fiddling with digital manuals, but then again, you don't always have the booklet on-hand, especially in the case of portables. There are advantages to both. I would rather have both, if possible!
Oh right. Some of you actually take your portables outside. Hah. Weirdos.

JordanN

Banned
i might just go with digital dl for this game. its probably going to take me all year to play and I can just keep OoT in the cartridge slot. do I purchase those prepaid DS cards or do they not work on 3ds?
Any prepaid card that has the 3DS on it works with the Nintendo eShop. You can also use credit card.

Prax

I can't believe you guys broke Serenes Forest. You monsters.

Anyway, here's part of the artwork for the countdown I'm doing... It's me as the Avatar Unit! Other characters are in the final thing.
prax_emblem_awakening_by_meibatsu-d5t45zj.jpg

I live in Toronto, so I guess I COULD have picked the game up today, but ALAS.. Q___Q I ordered the thing ONLINE to be delivered! ... Maybe my brother can go pick it up tomorrow if there are still some left? I will need a copy for myself in the future anyway. >_>

mollipen

Anyway, here's part of the artwork for the countdown I'm doing... It me as the Avatar Unit!

That are is gorgeous. So jealous! (>_<)

And as I said in another thread, good lord almighty, playing this game is turning me into a shipper. I'm having nearly as much fun deciding who I'd pair up with who as I am actually playing the game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
There is no way for a harem route, isn't it? Hoooooooooooo boyyy can't imagine how many time I will replay this hoooly crap I am OCD like that.

Roman

I wonder how Cherche is pronounced. Like Share-shh? Or Keer-shh? (Or Kerr-shh?)

It's straight up French for the conjugated verb 'search'...which weirdly is close to the fan translated Serge.

The pronunciation of the French word is &#643;&#603;&#641;&#643;.

Mr. Fix

It's almost impossible for me not to pair Sumia with Chrom. I'll probably do the obvious pairings on this run, saving some of the more obscure ones for later. Controlling a female Avatar and having her marry Chrom should be interesting.

Roman

That's where I got it from. Sadly, I'm not fluent in archaic runes.

The last e is (almost) silent so I don't think what you suggested fits.

Also I sort of doubt some of these names will stay in the European version (this and Stahl).

Socreges

Banned
I feel like we should create a separate Awakening thread for all the 'waifu/husbando' garbage.

At least it didn't make it into the title. Small victory.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I feel like we should create a separate Awakening thread for all the 'waifu/husbando' garbage.

Man, sorry for that, I just want to have a little fun that's all :\

If people really are that pissed off about it here then I won't mention it ever again.

Kenai

One of the threads had a pretty decent vote going, although they were going by numbers since no one really knew names yet. Can't say I remember which one it was though.

The waifu stuff is a little creepy. I'd just hate for people to be turned off to a great series because of it.

Personally, I'm not an RPG fan, and I play the games solely for the gameplay. If there are others like me, it'd be a shame if they never found out that these games are actually really in depth strategy games and not Nintendo's version of Love Plus.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
The waifu stuff is a little creepy. I'd just hate for people to be turned off to a great series because of it.

Personally, I'm not an RPG fan, and I play the games solely for the gameplay. If there are others like me, it'd be a shame if they never found out that these games are actually really in depth strategy games and not Nintendo's version of Love Plus.

Some might boo me for this, but I think no one can deny that the "Love Plus elements" of Fire Emblem Awakening is not something that Nintendo hasn't tried exploiting for more sales.

One can even argue that for this game those elements are exactly the kind of thing that push the sales, especially in Japan.

Ah well, not a big deal either way. Just because it has "Love Plus elements" doesn't mean that Fire Emblem Awakening is a lesser product anyways.

Roman

Some might boo me for this, but I think no one can deny that the "Love Plus elements" of Fire Emblem Awakening is not something that Nintendo hasn't tried exploiting for more sales.

One can even argue that for this game those elements are exactly the kind of thing that push the sales, especially in Japan.

Ah well, not a big deal either way. Just because it has "Love Plus elements" doesn't mean that Fire Emblem Awakening is a lesser product anyways.

I don't think anything you wrote is controversial. That's exactly what they are doing.
Supports have been a gameplay element for a long time, but not this heavily featured since FE4 (the other most popular one). Add in DLC and fanservice of all possible kinds and you get the best selling FE yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't think anything you wrote is controversial. That's exactly what they are doing.
Supports have been a gameplay element for a long time, but not this heavily featured since FE4 (the other most popular one). Add in DLC and fanservice of all possible kinds and you get the best selling FE yet.

Oh no, Fire Emblem will get more popular. What a shame. It's just like I can accept Persona's 'waifu' elements because it gets more money to the SMT titles, so we can get stuff like Soul Hackers localized. And it helps that Persona is a great game, just like Fire Emblem. It seems ridiculous to be upset by the fact that people talk about 'waifus'

Socreges

Banned

Agreed completely. I'm sure some people do think the main reason for the series popularity is its 'waifu stuff', particularly with how often people talk about it in that way, as if that's the main appeal.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh no, Fire Emblem will get more popular. What a shame. It's just like I can accept Persona's 'waifu' elements because it gets more money to the SMT titles, so we can get stuff like Soul Hackers localized. And it helps that Persona is a great game, just like Fire Emblem. It seems ridiculous to be upset by the fact that people talk about 'waifus'

When people do this it's all in good fun anyways :)

And like it or not, the dating elements are especially important in this game too! So yeah.

When people do this it's all in good fun anyways :)

And like it or not, the dating elements are especially important in this game too! So yeah.
And there is a large precedent for these elements to be included in the game. Marriage and children have been a theme in the series since almost the beginning of the series.

It just happens that relationship elements in games happen to be very popular right now (and will be for the foreseeable future), so it was the perfect opportunity for Nintendo and IntSys to combine precedent with opportunity.

I don't think they are saying it is a bad thing that the game put some emphasis on relationships, but rather when the thread becomes about that, or rather the only thing it is talked about.

Many voted for the waifu thread title, and that would have been terrible. I do appreciate the small jokes and fun poking though.

Roman

Not sure if you're referring to me but I didn't make any judgment in any direction. If anything I welcome new fans no matter how they find their way to this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom