• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Ho, good news, (Canadian) dudes

jbvsmkFHwugXiu.png

edit: on second thought, I hope they didn't just take it to mean they "will be" selling it on Feb 4. :X

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's just a little bigger screens, right? Nothing else improved? I think I'd rather put extra money towards games.

Much more comfortable. Seriously, OG 3DS felt cheap (especially the SELECT HOME START buttons), the edges of the system were sharp, even the dpad would cute into your fingers after long play periods. XL is far more comfortable. The larger screen wasn't even factored in when I bought it. It's just a far superior unit.

cackhyena

Much more comfortable. Seriously, OG 3DS felt cheap (especially the SELECT HOME START buttons), the edges of the system were sharp, even the dpad would cute into your fingers after long play periods. XL is far more comfortable. The larger screen wasn't even factored in when I bought it. It's just a far superior unit.

Well shit. That changes things.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Well shit. That changes things.

Go to Target online and see if any stores near you still have the 189 MK7 bundle. It was still available online a few days ago but it seems to be in store only now. Thats the best 3DS XL offer out now.

Well to be fair I'm sure that UDON will only really bother to localize an art book if the game's been released in the States. I'm sure that they have to consider how many copies X game sold since they're a small company. Although again...they released the Atelier artbook and while it's been a decent seller for NISA it isn't exactly a world beater.

Besides Valkyria Chronicles 3, they also released an artbook for Shining Force Feather and an artbook for Shining Hearts. I assume they just release whatever they can license from the Japanese companies.

Tex117

Banned
great OP, too bad that I have to wait like 3 months for this. =(

yeah, buy it. if you care about jrpgs you won't regret it.

I am a huge JRPG fan, and I may be traveling for work SIGNIFICANTLY (and thus wanting a portable).

What JRPG's are out/going to come out?

Any other "adventurey" type games coming out?

Should I get this or a Vita?

Im so confused...I want a handheld for business travel, but dont know what to get!

zroid

Banned
Vita has more (localized) JRPGs right now, but most of them are console ports. 3DS has more original stuff; Etrian Odyssey IV is also coming out in late Feb, if you're into dungeon crawlers.

e: ha I always forget about TotA and KH3D. Yeah 3DS probably just has more in general.

Mupod

It's not that unwieldy. For most guys it shouldn't be a problem fitting it in a back pocket or coat pocket.

In my case I carry enough crap around all day that I'd rather keep the size to a minimum.

Although if I could get one that looks as cool as my Zelda 3DS and be 100% assured that all my saves and eshop stuff would transfer I'd consider it. Cloud saving for Nintendo portables is probably a distant pipe dream.

Really sucks, got a great deal on our launch 3DS, in fact that was the only reason I picked it up when I did. It's not horrible, but for instance Code of Princess was a pain to play on it. I don't have the cash to throw at an xl, so I deal.

Jachaos

I am a huge JRPG fan, and I may be traveling for work SIGNIFICANTLY (and thus wanting a portable).

What JRPG's are out/going to come out?

Any other "adventurey" type games coming out?

Should I get this or a Vita?

Im so confused...I want a handheld for business travel, but dont know what to get!

The original 3DS is 129$, I'd definitely get that if I were you. Fire Emblem Awakening, Kingdom Hearts, Tales of Abyss 3D, Etrian Odyssey IV, Project X Zone should interest you on the JRPG side.

Edit : Nvm, still thought I was in the CDN Deals & Discussion thread. It may or may not be 129$ then, in which case go for the XL if you'd like, it's better except for the look IMO (I prefer the sharper edges of the original 3DS)

Quick questions:

I don't imagine there's any way NOA will allow early downloading even with all the broken street dates, right?

Does anyone know how big this game is as a download? How big is the SD card that comes with the 3DS?

Have no idea why people are saying select/start are better on the XL. I mean, I guess they are buttons this time but still feels awful even compared to the DSiXL.

Nonetheless the 3DSXL is awesome

Freezie KO said:
Does anyone know how big this game is as a download? How big is the SD card that comes with the 3DS?

Looking at my two systems with stock cards...

3DS: 2GB
3DS-XL: 4GB

Fey

Banned

I know this isn't the topic for it but good god this cannot be said enough. The difference in comfort was HUGE for me. I literally had marks and cuts on my palm from where I held the OG, and the marks have all disappeared since I started using the XL instead.

Shahadan

XL is the best choice no matter what, especially with that battery life.
The only case where you should be chosing the regular 3DS is if you really want to carry the system in your pocket rather than in a bag.

Kaibutsu

K, can someone explain to me the logistics of using the digital copy that is pre-installed on the included sd card with the Fire Emblem themed 3ds system? The reason I ask is I want to play it on my XL and not on the fire emblem system. So the question is can I move the data from the included card (before I even start up the system) to the sd card I currently have in my xl without having to do a system transfer? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if that digital copy is tied the system even if I never do the out of the box set up? If not can I just pop the sd card into my xl and play it off of that?

edit: also damn nintendo getting me to buy another crappy original 3ds even though I got rid of my launch cosmo black one when I got a XL

Koodo

Banned
XL is the best choice no matter what, especially with that battery life.
The only case where you should be chosing the regular 3DS is if you really want to carry the system in your pocket rather than in a bag.
Honestly, the regular 3DS isn't even that pocket friendly to begin with.

bryehn

It's just a little bigger screens, right? Nothing else improved? I think I'd rather put extra money towards games.

The comfort factor is a pretty big thing for me, the XL is much easier to hold for long periods. I have slightly large hands and arthritis though.

Midou

Picked up one in a smaller town near Toronto without a pre-order, they had about a half dozen for non-preorders and they were going pretty slow. Seems to not be as crazy around here. I'm at the endgame of Radiant Dawn though, gotta finish that first. :p

The comfort factor is a pretty big thing for me, the XL is much easier to hold for long periods. I have slightly large hands and arthritis though.

Yes, I actually find myself more likely to play a random 3DS game now than when I had a 3DS because it no longer gives me eye strain or hand cramps (I know this one is weird).

Riposte

Is it not bad enough she is wearing such skimpy gear that they have to connect the two scale sheets or w/e with a pink bowtie?

Chrom

Quick questions:

I don't imagine there's any way NOA will allow early downloading even with all the broken street dates, right?

Does anyone know how big this game is as a download?

They won't.

8,579 blocks.

K, can someone explain to me the logistics of using the digital copy that is pre-installed on the included sd card with the Fire Emblem themed 3ds system? The reason I ask is I want to play it on my XL and not on the fire emblem system. So the question is can I move the data from the included card (before I even start up the system) to the sd card I currently have in my xl without having to do a system transfer? I guess what I'm trying to ask is if that digital copy is tied the system even if I never do the out of the box set up? If not can I just pop the sd card into my xl and play it off of that?

You must use System Transfer to play the game on a different 3DS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom