• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

hao chi

I'm not trying to brag, because this has nothing to do with my own skill, but I think I broke my game. Just finished chapter 25 in 7 turns and only once came close to losing anyone (accidentally left Cherche near an archer, but she survived despite being hit). I reverted Nowi back to a Manikete and she is practically invincible (maybe literally so), even without an A support paired with her. All my other units dodge nearly everything, and even Virion is pretty durable.

I'm only playing on Normal, but I wasn't expecting this to happen. I haven't been grinding too much either, other than about 15 minutes leveling Nowi after I reverted her to a Manikete, and some occasional random battles (mostly in the beginning).

I think next playthrough I need to play on hard and/or accept any deaths instead of restarting.

BC9dhYHCUAAM5Sv.jpg:large

pray to the cutest god.

Hard is a different beast from Normal. Lunatic even more so.

lol holy shit. Are the rest of your characters as good as your Morgan?

nope, i was watching something while mindlessly grinding, and before you know it!

That 1.5exp boost from Veteran makes training her easy peasy. Same with MU.

lol from johntv's twitter

Not so subtle reference.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hm. Should I reclass lv 15 villager Donnel now, or wait until 30? If I wait until 30, I get 15 level ups for only an 8 level increase in internal level, which is the most economically sound in terms of exp and money spent.

But do I really want to wait 15+20 levels before promoting him to Hero? Hm.

ohlawd

nope, i was watching something while mindlessly grinding, and before you know it!

That 1.5exp boost from Veteran makes training her easy peasy. Same with MU.

lol from johntv's twitter

Not so subtle reference.

ooh nice. So long as she's paired up with someone, Veteran activates its exp boost? I should do that.

lol not so subtle indeed.

so it's just the "last" one in the list of currently equipped skills?

Yes.

For example, let's take chickdigger's Morgan. Ignis will pass down since that's the last skill she has equipped.

If only she had red hair.

I wish my Severa had red hair :/

zroid

Banned
Durrr I changed my mind again. Chrom is hooking up with Olivia, not Sully. Just 'cause I don't want to end up with two pairs of sisters. At least one set of bro/sis support convos is a must!

Yes.

For example, let's take chickdigger's Morgan. Ignis will pass down since that's the last skill she has equipped.

Sweet, thanks. That's what I'd figured to begin with, just wasn't totally sure. D:

So planning out what skills the child will inherit and not sure what will be better:

For Noire, should she get Sol or Counter?
For Laurent, should he get Dual Support+ or Renewal?
For Yarne, should he get Quick Burn, Swordbreaker or Lancebreaker?

So planning out what skills the child will inherit and not sure what will be better:

counter is kinda useless unless you play a really risky game, go with sol.

Renewal over dual support imo.

for yarne, they all decent, but the breaker skills are more of a pain to get cuz of higher level so get those.

I don't get it.

The game was localized by 8-4 which is where Johntv (a mod here) works.

ohlawd

Sol
Renewal
Either -breaker sounds good to me. I'd go with Lance though.

38 hours on the activity log. 16 hours in-game. Haha, I'm so bad at this game.
nah don't sweat it lol. I'm pushing like 140-150 hours on the log and my playtime is about 100 hours spread across two playthroughs.

What temptation? Just get the free one.

Hm. Should I reclass lv 15 villager Donnel now, or wait until 30? If I wait until 30, I get 15 level ups for only an 8 level increase in internal level, which is the most economically sound in terms of exp and money spent.

Honestly, the faster you get out of the villager class after 15, the faster Donnel becomes the god of destruction he was meant to be.

Someone help me I need to grind and I'm tempted to buy the DLC. Reeking boxes are ripoffs in Hard.

Aside from that absurd price, are there any other obstacles to grinding in Hard mode? Decreased XP or something?

I plan to tackle hard next and make a team walking gods like donnel next round.

Poyunch

Aside from that absurd price, are there any other obstacles to grinding in Hard mode? Decreased XP or something?

I plan to tackle hard next and make a team walking gods like donnel next round.

Not really. It's just my map is really barren right now. I do not get how Risen encounters appear because they just pop up after a few real world hours.

Get out of villager. It has terrible stat caps and you don't want to miss out on armsthrift.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
The third week of DLC in Japan included gold. Hope they do the same here. Kinda waiting on that before even attempting lunatic mode.

Is the US DLC schedule announced? When can we expect the grind happy maps?

Hopefully next week cause I think that's around the same sequence Japan got there's barring the whole grouping the Champions of Yore all together.

I really do hope so, cause all this reclassing and releveling isn't going to be cheap or quick without those dlc maps!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
There really needs to be an FAQ about leveling/skills/class changing in the OP

Tunavi

Banned
Okay so my character is grandmastered and now I have another master seal and second seal. Who should I use them on and when should I use them?

Okay so my character is grandmastered and now I have another master seal and second seal. Who should I use them on and when should I use them?

dark knight is recommended (well i recommend it) to get the pretty broken lvl 15 skill (kill guy your turn get half your health back!), and cuz you already have those weapon types.

wait oh nvm, read it wrong, you should promote chrom at the very least cuz he's mandatory for every mission.

save second seals for later.

Mr. Fix

Ima need that Demon Fighter DLC soon. Japan got Leif along with Roy's map, so we'll probably see the King vs. King set after. Though they all have the same difficulty, so I can't see the need to release them separately.

There really needs to be an FAQ about leveling/skills/class changing in the OP

I'll probably write it in before the EU release.

Labrys

Started playing this last week and I love it, but I have a question.
I bought a "Master Seal" from PhiAnna, but is there anyone in particular I should be using it on? I'm not sure if it's a limited item or not so I don't want to waste it if so.
My Avatar, Lon'qu, Vaike, Kellam are currently able to use it and Chrom and Frederick are a level away from being able to use it.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Started playing this last week and I love it, but I have a question.
I bought a "Master Seal" from PhiAnna, but is there anyone in particular I should be using it on? I'm not sure if it's a limited item or not so I don't want to waste it if so.
My Avatar, Lon'qu, Vaike, Kellam are currently able to use it and Chrom and Frederick are a level away from being able to use it.

After chapter 12 you can buy them, so don't worry about it. Use away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom