• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...so glad I recruited Hector. Dude is a grade A+ deadly beast.

You'd hope that, he had to be the most broken character in Fire Emblem 7! He's what happens if you combine the best parts of the warrior class with the best parts of the armour knight class.

I'm actually playing through Fire Emblem 7 again and its unfair how much better he is than Lyn or Eliwood.

When will these fucking kids realize that I'm not accepting applications from minors? This dude henry shows up out of nowhere so I trade his tomes over to Tharja because she was running low and throw him into some archers.

OceanBlue

You'd hope that, he had to be the most broken character in Fire Emblem 7! He's what happens if you combine the best parts of the warrior class with the best parts of the armour knight class.

I'm actually playing through Fire Emblem 7 again and its unfair how much better he is than Lyn or Eliwood.

Was it just me or was Lyn gimped in that game compared to Eliwood and Hector? Maybe it's just the struggles of swordmaster-type characters, but if I remember correctly, I was having a harder time killing people with her than with the other lords by the endgame.

Was it just me or was Lyn gimped in that game compared to Eliwood and Hector? Maybe it's just the struggles of swordmaster-type characters, but if I remember correctly, I was having a harder time killing people with her than with the other lords by the endgame.

She could have easily been lacking in strength like most of the swordmasters in that game. Even Eliwood had problems of possibly being too average.

All right, got all the skill passdowns written down. Now to the long task of actually learning all these skills and such.

Mr. Fix

whats so good about demon fighter and bride?

Not much really. I just like trying out new classes.

Their skills:

Demon Fighters - Swords, Tomes, Axes

Lvl 1 - Resistance +10
Lvl 15 - Attack +10 during the user's Turn

Brides - Bows, Spears, Staves

Lvl 1 - All stats +2 and Movement +1 to all allies within a 3 tile radius for one Turn when the Rally command is used
Lvl 15 - Restores 10 HP to all allies within a 3 tile radius at the beginning of the user's Turn

ohlawd

even in this game, she's "gimped". You can get her here as lvl 18, the other two are lvl 20. Food for thought lol.

Eliwood was the odd man out of the three when I finished FE7. I could kill enemy units consistently with Lyn and Hector.

oh that's disappointing... kinda thought 'demon fighter' would be a fist class... has there even been a hand to hand class in fire emblem outside of rabbit.

even in this game, she's "gimped". You can get her here as lvl 18, the other two are lvl 20. Food for thought lol.

Eliwood was the odd man out of the three when I finished FE7. I could kill enemy units consistently with Lyn and Hector.

That's pretty much true.

Eliwood is by far the worst of the three: he has the worst unique weapon (rapier), he'll generally be worse than any paladins you have in your army (can't use axes), and you have Durandal for like two chapters.

Lyn can get gimped with low strength though Eliwood generally suffers from the same problem. What makes Lyn better than Eliwood is that she can use bows and Mani Katti is basically the sword version of Hector's Wolf Biel with a critical bonus.

The problem with Lyn is that the end game is so wyvern-heavy so swords and low strength are no good against them. Fire Emblem 7 had awful balance as the late game is heavily focused towards axe/lance users and swordmasters don't get the 15% critical bonus they got in Fire Emblem 6.

wait +10 attack.

That's a hella broken skill o_O

that + astra <3

all I remember about lyn is that her legendary weapon had a cool critical (and so was her great lord one too) and boob bounce.

Mr. Fix

wait +10 attack.

That's a hella broken skill o_O

that + astra <3

all I remember about lyn is that her legendary weapon had a cool critical (and so was her great lord one too) and boob bounce.

The Limit Breaker's good too (it exceeds the cap by 10 for all stats). Though you'd have to play that map once for every unit you plan to use. I'm almost ready dammit!

Spike

Can someone please tell me how much DLC has been released already in Japan, and what the total cost works out to?

Thanks.

Esura

Banned
It's because Chapter 11 forces Chrom into a marriage. Olivia, for you, happened to have the highest support rating with him (which is only possible if he basically avoids all the other women until then).

If it makes you feel any better, Olivia gives the children the best stats for Chrom.

Wait, its Olivia? I thought is was Sumia.....

I was lied to. T_T

The best thing about Second Seal is that you can cure Panne of being a furry.

edit: I just got Chrom's kid and DAMN, you guys were right about Olivia helping out, there's some good stats there.

rockx4

I just got my avatar to level 20 grandmaster, is there any reason to switch classes for him? Like will he gain more stats? Or will he lose stat points going to a different class.

Busaiku

I don't get where the Cordelia stuff with Chrom comes from.
Does it happen later on (at Chapter 13 now) or something?

I haven't gotten any high supports with her, but since she was introduced, I don't remember her ever talking about Chrom.

Oh yeah, and I just had Kellam and Cordelia marry. Not a single mention of Chrom in any support rank, the "unnoticeable" couple worked better than I expected.

Mr. Fix

I haven't gotten any high supports with her, but since she was introduced, I don't remember her ever talking about Chrom.

It's all in the support convos.

Also

An Ylissean pegasus knight who has been friends with Sumia since childhood. Her beauty, skill, and record are surpassed by few, but she cannot seem to win Chrom's heart. The deepest, most frequent sigher. Born on July 7th.

Roster profile in the barracks, and she indirectly refers to him when she gets a great level up or gains exp/proficiency from stepping on a sparkly spot.

Not sure what to make of the advanced classes. I've got 2 Master seals and my first LV 20s are my avatar and Cordelia (married to each other) with Lon'qu, Lissa, and Gaius pretty close to 20. The only other FE I've played was 7 I think (which I dint think I finished) so I'm not familiar with what's to come. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Im on chapter 9 if that helps.

Hero

Just beat the game Absolutely spectacular, kudos to IS for a wonderful game. Story was a little weak in spots but the support conversations between the characters made up for that. Gameplay wise the only thing I found lacking was map and mission variety.

Read that in Basilio's voice.

I haven't done any spotpass recruiting yet but I'd be mighty pissed if Hector in this game didn't perform as good as he did like in FE7.

Hector's team whooped my ass a few times. Gonna come back after I train up the kids some more.

hao chi

Just finished the game about an hour ago.
I'm just going to assume Lucina stayed in the present with the avatar character (I know her unpaired ending says otherwise).

I skipped most of the Paralogues though, as well as Champions of Yore, and I haven't fought any of the past heroes yet. ...I'll be busy for a while.

Wtf...

Then again, it's all new content, so I suppose that's ok. Makes the game damn expensive though.
We're already ahead of the game here in North America with the first bundle. Considering how almost all the DLC is released in themed groupings, hopefully each one will have it's own bundle.

Plus, there's a bunch of free DLC coming through SpotPass.

Prax

I paired Cordelia with Stahl to see their S conversation. Even though Chrom was mentioned, she pretty much said Stahl has replaced Chrom in her heart so I just went with it. lol

I still have no one for my female avatar due to lack of appealing chemistry and it might end up being Priam and ugh.. maaan. I read the Japanese of Priam x f!MU and it suuucckked.. Q__Q

I paired Cordelia with Stahl to see their S conversation. Even though Chrom was mentioned, she pretty much said Stahl has replaced Chrom in her heart so I just went with it. lol

I still have no one for my female avatar due to lack of appealing chemistry and it might end up being Priam and ugh.. maaan. I read the Japanese of Priam x f!MU and it suuucckked.. Q__Q

*SpotPass DLC Spoiler*

Walhart and Yen'fay are pretty hunky. My Robin would be all over them if he could be.

For people wondering: since Spotpass units seems to be based on the Avatar creator, it can be assumed that they also have Avatar growth rates and modifiers.

Giolon

I can't decide whether to pair MU with Cordelia or Tharja. It's killing me!

In other news, why are both Cordelia and Tharja both so beastly awesome?

Draxal

I can't decide whether to pair MU with Cordelia or Tharja. It's killing me!

In other news, why are both Cordelia and Tharja both so beastly awesome?

Welp, someone's going to like the beach dlc.

Honestly, Severa's my favorite character in the game to break, and giving her ignis just breaks her even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom