• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, there are some that you need to have previous DLC to be able to play it, but it's only stuff like needing CoY 1 and 2 to play CoY3 and stuff like that. Just get what appeals to you.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
im confused, i wanted to buy the DLC but saw that there are only 3 DLC options available, one is free, one is 2.50, one is 4.00 ... so what am i getting with the 4.00 one? the free one and the 2.50 one? or is there another DLC piece that isn't out yet?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
im confused, i wanted to buy the DLC but saw that there are only 3 DLC options available, one is free, one is 2.50, one is 4.00 ... so what am i getting with the 4.00 one? the free one and the 2.50 one? or is there another DLC piece that isn't out yet?
You get the free, the 2.50 and an unreleased one. The price of the bundle will go up once the first dlc is no longer free.

The $4 one is a pack including the two that are out already and the one that we assume comes out this week. It makes it so every DLC map is $2. It'll also become $6 instead of $4 when the first one stops being free though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Tharja's laugh in Japanese voice... oh god.

So reclassing to your old class is used for reusing the growths you gained from it?

bumpkin

So I finally got the "Wireless" menu option to unlock and downloaded (unlocked...) a bunch of new content... If it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere in the thread yet, it unlocks after you finish chapter 3. Now my map has a handful of other characters at locations that I can Parlay with, buy stuff from or fight. But now comes my question; if I'm playing in classic mode -- where the dead stay dead -- does that also apply to these optional battles?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So I finally got the "Wireless" menu option to unlock and downloaded (unlocked...) a bunch of new content... If it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere in the thread yet, it unlocks after you finish chapter 3. Now my map has a handful of other characters at locations that I can Parlay with, buy stuff from or fight. But now comes my question; if I'm playing in classic mode -- where the dead stay dead -- does that also apply to these optional battles?

Yep

Wilsongt

So, I sort of bred two monsters.

First is Morgan. I quickly got him out of his Tactician class and changed him to a Cavelier and then to a Paladin. Boy is super tanky.

Then last night I finally got Gerome, whose father is Lon'qu. I got him to 20 and promoted to a Wyvern Lord and he surpasses his mother is almost every stat and his mother is Level 10 Wyvern Lord. So, super strong, super tanky, super resistant flier with Astra. Does it get any better? Yes, because he reminds me of a Haar.

Then we have Donny, of course.

Morgan and Donny basically cleared out almost all of Gerome's map by themselves last night. The others just played clean up.

BEASTS

Zee-Row

Banned
The song "Together we ride" isn't in this game at all is it? I was pleasantly surprised that the first DLC had the NES music though.

Chrom

Hopefully we get the first SpotPass DLC mission tomorrow.

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting. They've already given us everything else so far, so I'm guessing the first Bonus Map will be up next, along with one of the Bonus Teams (Path of Radiance?) and Bonus Challengers.

The song "Together we ride" isn't in this game at all is it? I was pleasantly surprised that the first DLC had the NES music though.

Yeah, that song isn't anywhere in this game believe it or not.

GeekyDad

The $4 one is a pack including the two that are out already and the one that we assume comes out this week. It makes it so every DLC map is $2. It'll also become $6 instead of $4 when the first one stops being free though.

Looks like they're pretty much all the same map, though, that merely take place at different times of day. I'm assuming the heroes you take on are perhaps balanced differently, but still. If all the packs are gonna be like that, that's some pretty slim pickings for $90 total.

Wilsongt

I think all DLC maps, depending on the game the character comes from, has particular music from their respective game.

No Together We Ride

Chrom

I think all DLC maps, depending on the game the character comes from, has particular music from their respective game.

No Together We Ride

This is true for most of them. It's definitely the case for all of the early ones that focus on the legacy characters and some others, but some of the late ones actually have new arrangements of old music, music that's already from the game, or completely new music altogether.

scy

To be honest, I don't really see the point of passing down Aptitude. Donnel will pass on a decent amount of his stats and aptitudes to begin with so his child will be relatively well off in regards to their stat cap.

...well, of course, unless you just want to take them directly to Level 20 in a Promoted class without any reclassing at all, I guess. Even then, you'd probably be close to capping off the one set of levels anyway.

Mr. Fix

To be honest, I don't really see the point of passing down Aptitude. Donnel will pass on a decent amount of his stats and aptitudes to begin with so his child will be relatively well off in regards to their stat cap.

...well, of course, unless you just want to take them directly to Level 20 in a Promoted class without any reclassing at all, I guess. Even then, you'd probably be close to capping off the one set of levels anyway.

In the long run, yeah. The best thing would be to pass down gender-specific skills, and Donnel has access to the Fighter class I think.

Moonlight

Banned
For clarification, does reclassing back to a base class improve experience growth, or would it not matter?
It doesn't matter, experience is decided by your visible level and your internal level added together (which raises by 20 (at least, I think)) every time you use a Second Seal. There's no difference in experience gain.

scy

So basically he has nothing better to pass down.

Well, you can do Sol so they don't have to level as a Hero. Otherwise, it's basically Counter since it's gender-unique or Aptitude since it's Donnel-unique.

For clarification, does reclassing back to a base class improve experience growth, or would it not matter?

I'll just link this post.

Generally speaking, it will if you go from a Promoted Class (since they're 20 levels higher and all) but it's a bit more complicated than that.

It doesn't matter, experience is decided by your visible level and your internal level added together (which raises by 20 (at least, I think)) every time you use a Second Seal. There's no difference in experience gain.

The maximum that your Internal Level will increase from Second Sealing is 19, actually. And that's from a Level 20 Promoted Class.

It's (Current Level - 1) / 2 for how much it increases, up to a total cap of 20 (Normal), 30 (Hard), or 50 (Lunatic). That is, after Second Sealing enough times, a Level 1 Basic unit will level as fast as (...as slow as?) a Level 1 Promoted unit on Normal, a Level 11 Promoted unit on Hard, and a theoretical Level 31 Promoted unit on Lunatic.

zroid

Banned
Could someone explain the concept of internal level to me? I understand that it's how the game keeps track of characters' experience/growth after promotion and reclassing, but I'm still not clear on how it's determined and what your difficulty setting does to impact it.

Looks like they're pretty much all the same map, though, that merely take place at different times of day. I'm assuming the heroes you take on are perhaps balanced differently, but still. If all the packs are gonna be like that, that's some pretty slim pickings for $90 total.
Well, since Japan's already got all the DLC, we know what to expect.

The "Classic Maps" like Champion of Yore are divided into three parts and all use the same map, but with atmospheric variations, different enemies and dialogue. There are 16 of these maps, so 4 unique maps in total.

There are also 3 "service" maps, which allow you to farm exp, gold and legendary weapons respectively. These maps will probably be interesting to some fans and not others. The legendary weapons map looks rather fun though.

Finally, the "Another World Story" maps are more varied and further divided into three subcategories.

There are 4 challenge maps that are meant to test hardcore players (the last of these maps has you face countless cap-breaking enemies), 3 "fun" or "fan-service" maps that feature over 200 new conversations (think extra support conversations) and 3 story maps that take place in
an alternate future

Busaiku

I'm still wondering if we'll actually get all of the DLC.
I imagine we'll get most of the regular stuff, but I'm still skeptical about the beach and festival ones.

Mr. Fix

I'm still wondering if we'll actually get all of the DLC.
I imagine we'll get most of the regular stuff, but I'm still skeptical about the beach and festival ones.

Well they let Nowi and Gregor pair up. I don't think anything was dampened for the main game, so it's looking likely for those 2. More support convos are always good.

It's a bit disappointing the recruitment 'theme' in this game is so plain, they were so damn epic in some of the other games.

I thought it was good. ._.

Could someone explain the concept of internal level to me? I understand that it's how the game keeps track of characters' experience/growth after promotion and reclassing, but I'm still not clear on how it's determined and what your difficulty setting does to impact it.
That post scy just linked from yesterday does a very good job of explaining it. It's definitely one of the trickier systems in the game to wrap your head around, I'd say.

Well, you can do Sol so they don't have to level as a Hero. Otherwise, it's basically Counter since it's gender-unique or Aptitude since it's Donnel-unique.

I'll just link this post.

Generally speaking, it will if you go from a Promoted Class (since they're 20 levels higher and all) but it's a bit more complicated than that.

The maximum that your Internal Level will increase from Second Sealing is 19, actually. And that's from a Level 20 Promoted Class.

It's (Current Level - 1) / 2 for how much it increases, up to a total cap of 20 (Normal), 30 (Hard), or 50 (Lunatic). That is, after Second Sealing enough times, a Level 1 Basic unit will level as fast as (...as slow as?) a Level 1 Promoted unit on Normal, a Level 11 Promoted unit on Hard, and a theoretical Level 31 Promoted unit on Lunatic.

Thanks, I guess ill just stick with my plan of aptitude since counter doesn't seem like a big deal. Anything special to pass down from Sully's side?

Internal level = how many times you've leveled up in total.

The higher your internal level, the less EXP you get with each fight. Your EXP gain will keep decreasing. At some point though, your EXP gain won't go any lower. This point is determined by your difficulty level.

So say if you get 10 EXP at level 40 on normal (I'm just making up numbers here to demonstrate the concept), that would be the cap, and you wouldn't get any less than 10 EXP no matter how much you leveled up. You'd have a guaranteed 10 EXP. But on Hard, that 10 EXP per kill would continue to decrease with every level after 40, stopping at 5 EXP at level 45 (again, just making up numbers to give you an idea). And on Lunatic, it would stop at 1 EXP at level 49.

It's a bit disappointing the recruitment 'theme' in this game is so plain, they were so damn epic in some of the other games.

So good.

This recruitment theme is nice and chilled out. Kinda like FE2.

Roto13

If there are 17 pieces of DLC and you can get them each for $2 from bundles (which might not be the case), that's $34 for all of the DLC. Minus $2 if you buy the game while the first piece is free.

The first, second, and third DLC were 300, 250, and 300 yen in Japan and they're all $2.50 each (well, I'm making that assumption for the third one) so it's not much of a stretch to assume that all similarly priced DLC in Japan will cost $2.50 in North America, or $2.00 in a bundle.

But five of the maps were 400 yen. So maybe some of them will be a bit more expensive? I don't expect anything to be more than $3.00.

Anyway, speculayshunz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom