• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Awakening |OT| Lord of the RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

womp

He has really good growths but a few negative stat caps (that is, his stat cap in a given class is less than what it should be). He's awful at the start, amazing for the rest of the game, and then "falls off" only if you care about min/maxing.

Also, I don't think he has amazing class options but that's just me :x

Yes. His growth rates ensure that he will be one of your best characters from the mid-game forward if you stick with him. It's tough for awhile but just try pairing him with a strong unit and you'll get there eventually.

Donnel even as a level 15 mercenary destroys promoted enemies.

Donnel has hit level 20 as a Hero, I could reclass him to a Villager, but I've met literally all of the stat caps for that class and I don't want to waste ten level ups. Is there any class I should reclass him into?

He could be a Warrior, a Bow Knight or another Hero!

Yes yes yes.

+20% to his growth rates in every stat makes him a god.

Wow, OK then! Thanks for the advice. :)

Got Cherche today and decided to see what were the skills of the Wyvern class. Ended up disappointed because they all seem so underwhelming and not worth the effort :/

Guess I'll just change her into a Cleric->War Cleric, so she can get Renewal.

Mr. Fix

Got Cherche today and decided to see what the skills of the Wyvern class. Ended up disappointed because they all seem so underwhelming and not worth the effort :/

Guess I'll just change her into a Cleric->War Cleric, so she can get Renewal.

I always lean towards chicken riders for some reason.

Does the game keep track of completed S-ranks even before the game is complete? Or do I need to unlock the viewer first before going back and looking at all the support conversations?

Also, is there a point where you can't get the children characters anymore? I almost want to get the viewer first before worrying about all the possibilities when it comes to the children supports...

Are there any that you would recommend? Should Lissa and Mirabel stay as healers? Seems like I should go for some fighting skills for the two Lords though.

Cheers. :)

On a first playthrough? That I don't know about actually. I'd assume that it would regardless. Children characters can be gotten whenever, even after you beat the game (since it sends you back). As mentioned before, Lissa and Maribelle should go for Dark Fliers to get the Galeforce skill, especially since their sons have no way of getting it.

bonercop

It would have been awesome if getting an S-rank between Pan and Donnel would actually mean you can't use them anymore.

Also, I really wish you could turn Donnel into a soldier. Fighter/merc just don't fit:/

scy

So if I wanted owain to be an awesome swordmaster, Libra probably isn't the best person to pair lissa with, correct? I still have my MU, Fred, Gregor, Virion, Ricken, Henry to pair off with, who would be best?

Lissa has -2 STR, -1 SKL, +0 SPD, and +2 Luck as far as relevant stats are concerned (-1 DEF, +1 RES if you care on that front, I guess). Vaike is probably the best choice but I guess he's taken already for your file, eh?

Those units have:

Frederick - +2 STR, +2 SKL, -2 SPD, +0 Luck.
Gregor - +2 STR, +2 SKL, +0 SPD, -1 Luck.
Virion - +0 STR, +2 SKL, +2 SPD, -1 Luck.

And I'm skipping the Mages because :lol. Avatar would be based off your Asset/Flaw choice.

Honestly, pick who you like, these differences here are pretty minor. Like 1 or 2 points to a stat cap sort of thing and you're having to deal with Lissa already kind of giving bad stat caps anyway ;_;

Edit: Hopefully this doesn't get lost (lol that super late edit~) but Gregor gets Mercenary/Hero passed down to Owain so something to keep in mind for class options. Virion will net you Dark Knight as an option for Lifetaker as well.

Should I be leveling up Ricken? Is he a mage equivalent to Donnel or something?

Compared to Miriel, he trades off MAG, SKL, SPD growths for HP and Luck. But, no, not quite a Donnel situation :x

Solune

JZeMGiP.jpg

I can't unsee you as Vaike now.

scy

Avatar and Cherche's support (at least up to A) make no sense to me on how it leads to an actual pairing.

Minerva, on the other hand...

zroid

Banned
If you have multiple Rally skills equipped, does the Rally command activate all of them or do you have to pick one?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
i killed my archer dude, and he is now forever gone.... will I get another archer dude?

I've no great love for Virion, but he's the only Archer available until much later in the game unless you're willing to reclass someone like MU, or Ricken early on. On my second playthrough, I found the multiple units able to use wind magic (early on at least) outweighed any need for archers.

ultron87

Are the kid's supports with their non-fixed parent just always the same no matter who the parent is? It seemed like the one my Morgan had with Cordelia was quite generic. And I can't imagine adding unique text for every possible combo.

That's fine really, there is already plenty of text in here.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I've no great love for Virion, but he's the only Archer available until much later in the game unless you're willing to reclass someone like MU, or Ricken early on. On my second playthrough, I found the multiple units able to use wind magic (early on at least) outweighed any need for archers.

thanks Ill have to just do that then, tons of mages but no archers. I didnt really like the character but damn, i like archers....

scy

If you have multiple Rally skills equipped, does the Rally command activate all of them or do you have to pick one?

All of them are activated.

On that note, Rally skills break the stat cap since they're temporary bonuses.

My fondness of Archers is the entire reason I settled on my Avatar pairing.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just realized that in my haste to start a new file after I realized running lunatic as my first playthrough was a bad idea, I neglected to set the birthday of my avatar.

When you "carry over" your avatar from a complete save file do you still have the ability to modify it?

Am I going to suffer for not having my real birthday? ;_;

mercviper

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Is anyone on Lunatic past chapter 5?

The wyvern riders keep killing Ricken and Maribelle on the second/third wave of reinforcements. Did you guys manage to pass this w/o losing anyone? :x

Doing paralouge 16....its pretty long but my crew is pretty OP. Get to the final "boss"...

he one shots my avatar.

Game over. Hour worth of gameplay, level ups (Noire got some nice gains), support building...

gone.

wrrrrrry

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Doing paralouge 16....its pretty long but my crew is pretty OP. Get to the final "boss"...

he one shots my avatar.

Game over. Hour worth of gameplay, level ups (Noire got some nice gains), support building...

gone.

wrrrrrry

Fire Emblem

Question about the kids' base stats: are they reflective of the mothers/fathers' stats at the time of marriage? For example, is it even worth it for me to marry off Miriel, Maribelle, and Olivia since I haven't ever used them in battle since I got them, and they'd likely be marrying people I also never used in battle?

scy

Question about the kids' base stats: are they reflective of the mothers/fathers' stats at the time of marriage? For example, is it even worth it for me to marry off Miriel, Maribelle, and Olivia since I haven't ever used them in battle since I got them, and they'd likely be marrying people I also never used in battle?

The formula is:

[Child's Base Stats + (Mother's Current Stats - Mother's Base Stats) + (Father's Current Stats - Father's Base Stats)] /3 + Child's Class Base Stats

Just treat them as free bonus stats. This won't influence their growth rates or stat caps.

The formula is:

[Child's Base Stats + (Mother's Current Stats - Mother's Base Stats) + (Father's Current Stats - Father's Base Stats)] /3 + Child's Class Base Stats

Just treat them as free bonus stats. This won't influence their growth rates or stat caps.

Got it. Okay, so time to grind some relationships out.

Btw. is there already an "official" consent whether FE:A uses one or two random numbers to determine hits/misses?

I... don't think you're using that word properly...
I think consensus is the word you want

But in any case, 2 RNs has been the norm starting with the GBA era.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Alright, I might regret asking this, but what are everyone's favorite pairings?

So far I'd say Chrom x Sumia, Ricken x Maribelle and Stahl x Coredelia are natural. Even Virion x Sully fits in a funny way. I'm going to check out Panne x Gregor and Henry x Nowi based on what I've been reading her. No idea who is a good fit for Miriel besides Frederick who I don't use.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Trying to keep
Anna
alive in Paralogue 2 is infuriating. STOP GETTING HIT BY UNITS WITH 30% HIT RATE AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH

Alright, I might regret asking this, but what are everyone's favorite pairings?...

just completed it, actually: donny & tharja! so friggin' perfect for each other :) ...

my other couples:

chrom & robin (completely unplanned, but playing the game as a bad-ass mother (literally!) is pretty cool)

virion & miriel (the height of sophistication :) )...

...I think I'm gonna rock beginner with permadeath. Sound good GAF?

if you're at all familiar with srpgs, normal/permadeath is not all that hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom